BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Van Hecke falls into the Harrison Reed category.

Clearly a good player, clearly the sort we should be investing in and building our team around, clearly attainable for a Championship club with some sensible investment. But not one that we are likely to get done because we won't pay the relatively small fee needed to get him. Even if there was some serious interest at Rovers' end we would take too long or faff about trying to drive him or Brighton down on cost whilst a rival comes in.

So instead he will end up elsewhere in the Championship and then we will get stories about how we could never get him due to FFP/Parachute money or because his girlfriend wouldn't allow him to live anywhere other than the South Coast of England etc. etc.

How do you know it would take a relatively small fee to get him?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think our club is fecked......end of.

Optimism after appointment of JDT all but evaporated.

A long walk needed tonight followed by a few drinks.

Jeez, calm down. Give 'em a chance before you go into full melt-down mode.

• Like 9

44 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

That's my concern too, that the pair of them have been sold something else and are soon going to realise what has happened.

I'm sure they both have every intention to strengthen the squad and to implement the plan they have in mind. Those two are the reason why some optimism has returned for me. I don't think the pillocks above them share that same desire though. The talk of kids, frees and loans points to it being more of the same.

They seem to have a habit of saying things to get people through the door, only to turn and not live up to those words later on. Lambert had it. Existing season ticket holders have had it just last week.

Don't worry, you've got an extra extension to reclaim your seat. Even if somebody else has claimed it, we'll move them elsewhere at a discounted rate. Sounds great.

The reality? Said article is deleted and, apparently, that information shouldn't have been given as it was never meant to be the case in the first place. Piss off.

This is why I think they will do a Lambert on JDT. Goes without saying, of course, I hope I'm way off the mark.

You don’t give either JDT or GB any credit both will have done their own research when being looked at for the job I mean what kind of person doesn’t do research before being interviewed??

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Mercer said:

19 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I can see this being another lambert. Walking out after realising these penny pinching shysters have no ambition.  We will never compete with venkys running (ruining) the club

I asked myself, “what have I missed?” for this to be the mood.

Then I read a page or two back that suggest we’ve lost out on a player due to a team with parachute payments paying more wages, I shrugged my shoulders and logged out.

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, Mercer said:

This is your problem mate. Get yourself hydrated, a hot bath and an early night 👍🏼

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

disapointing to lose out on ahmedhodzic but it`s not a disaster,if he was that good he would`nt be playing in the english second division would he,still time for incomings,though i admit i will be slightly concerned if there is no one here this time next week🤔

Have sheff utd confirmed signing? Sorry, being lazy and not wanting to scroll back 10 pages

People need to calm down, we missed out on one player? Who knows how wanted he actually was?

Let's judge when the window is shut. The team was back today? JDT have assessed the squad and now know what he needs.

Considering all the leagues he has played in, I bet that he have more contacts in the game than any prior Rovers manager.

• Like 8

John Parks replacement to be announced imminently, anyone any idea who it’s going to be? Hopefully whoever it is comes into the job with names for potential signings already drawn up or it could end up taking us even longer to get a few bodies through the door. 

• Like 1

Hate to break it to those hoping for Reda Khadra to come back... had it on very good authority that there is a mutual disinterest in a reunion.

He was apparently a bit of a moaner, didnt like the cold. Also there is belief he was fit way before the end of season but downed tools and refused to accept to play a part in the run in well before out season ran its course. 

57 minutes ago, Mercer said:

When you have a twat in Commercial who wants to charge kids the same as adults on the basis of a seat is a seat I tend to agree. Waggott must just love the pleb.

If BBD goes late in the window look no further that Waggott and his bosses not at Broughton.

JDT and GB are on a hiding to nothing.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Hate to break it to those hoping for Reda Khadra to come back... had it on very good authority that there is a mutual disinterest in a reunion.

He was apparently a bit of a moaner, didnt like the cold. Also there is belief he was fit way before the end of season but downed tools and refused to accept to play a part in the run in well before out season ran its course. 

Where is this from? Talented but not the biggest loss nor someone I expected to come back.

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

When you have a twat in Commercial who wants to charge kids the same as adults on the basis of a seat is a seat I tend to agree. Waggott must just love the pleb.

If BBD goes late in the window look no further that Waggott and his bosses not at Broughton.

JDT and GB are on a hiding to nothing.

Probably true unfortunately .

• Like 2