BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

23 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Still interest there, expect this to go to end of window, like anything the deal needs to suit the coffers.

Another name though is Chilean Alexander Aravena

According to Wikipedia he’s already on loan at another club this season so don’t see how this is a possible signing. Or at best it’s one for next season onwards. 

3 minutes ago, Galgaterover10 said:

According to Wikipedia he’s already on loan at another club this season so don’t see how this is a possible signing. Or at best it’s one for next season onwards. 

Their season ends in December, and being on loan elsewhere is not an automatic blocker, the terms of that loan can include a recall.

Its another name linked and nothing more

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Galgaterover10 said:

It's not about if you've been on loan, it's about how many teams you've played for. So if he hasn't played for his parent club this season, we may be able to get it over the line.

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

And it wasn't long ago you were predicting a swathe of new signings before the season started, and we've signed 3. So you've been proven wrong there haven't you?

We can all play games about where predictions made on here haven't materialised. Window still open so nobody proven right or wrong on transfer predictions yet.

I don't recall ever saying we wouldn't make any cash signings at all this summer. I think I said that we would be limited to a few hundred grand signings here and there in similar fashion to last year when we got Pickering and Edun, and I also said I expected that they would recoup any outlay made with sales, which if Brereton leaves they certainly will.

I am with the 3 players we have bought in, I did think we would 1 or 2 more but clearly things have happened in deals to not allow this happen

1 hour ago, USABlue said:

I thought overall we looked a bit leggy, not sure we can be playing this way every game unkess our fitness levels continue to get better.  A better team than WBA may have ounished us, thing is there may not be many better teams than them in this division.  So oroud to be a Rover right now.  Sad thing is I can not go into work and brag about it today.  Cis they ain't got a clue what I am on about.

around 35 degree the match was played. the heat was unbearable 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Tomasson has started the season as well as mathematically possible, winning every game.

We have been lucky that our threadbare squad going into the season had only really Carter missing but now even a slight hint of a few injuries and we are looking short, we need players in ASAP and if we drop any points with a small squad in the meantime, then Tomasson can look to Broughton and indeed Venkys and feel let down.

And no, I am not asking for rubbish players to be signed to make up the numbers.

Lucky? 

JDT keeps telling us that the club and Broughton are working very hard to bring players in

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I wonder if it is worth looking at Nottingham Forest's squad with them signing so many players, perhaps a few Championship ready players will become surplus to requirements.

We need experience and we need a midfielder, he is not a world beater but how about someone like Jack Colback who can also cover left back as a much more steady option than Edun if Pickering gets injured? Or even Ryan Yates.

so why not go for Styles is young and still experience in this league. 

Colback is almost 33 years old. No thanks

32 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

there are not that many better teams then WBA in this league, we just happened to convert our chances and battle like hell.

WBA are bang average for me. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am with the 3 players we have bought in, I did think we would 1 or 2 more but clearly things have happened in deals to not allow this happen

around 35 degree the match was played. the heat was unbearable 

Lucky? 

JDT keeps telling us that the club and Broughton are working very hard to bring players in

so why not go for Styles is young and still experience in this league. 

Colback is almost 33 years old. No thanks

WBA are bang average for me. 

Lucky to not have many injuries up until now, yes. Had we had more injuries, it may have been a different situation with such a thin squad. We have a core group of 13-15 players that I have confidence in to give anyone a game at this level. Beyond that, there isn't much.

Tomasson has started perfectly, but ultimately I am not interested in platitudes about how "hard" the club are working, I judge on who has signed. If we drop any points due to being particularly weak in a specific area, then Tomasson will have the right to say, I am doing what I can but I need more help here and I feel let down.

I would welcome Styles but I don't think there has ever been strong interest this summer and judging by the quotes following the Morton deal, I fear that we won't sign another midfielder in general which would leave us very, very short in there.

54 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Still interest there, expect this to go to end of window, like anything the deal needs to suit the coffers.

Another name though is Chilean Alexander Aravena

That's some Sweet Chilli! 

Reminds me a little of Michael Owen. Blistering fast running with the ball, and a fine finisher. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Lucky to not have many injuries up until now, yes. Had we had more injuries, it may have been a different situation with such a thin squad. We have a core group of 13-15 players that I have confidence in to give anyone a game at this level. Beyond that, there isn't much.

Tomasson has started perfectly, but ultimately I am not interested in platitudes about how "hard" the club are working, I judge on who has signed. If we drop any points due to being particularly weak in a specific area, then Tomasson will have the right to say, I am doing what I can but I need more help here and I feel let down.

I would welcome Styles but I don't think there has ever been strong interest this summer and judging by the quotes following the Morton deal, I fear that we won't sign another midfielder in general which would leave us very, very short in there.

I would first say it not luck at all. It by the players being fit and having a good pre season. 

I have confidence in every player like I did with Ash Phillips being able to step up to this level and didn't he show it massively. very good performance by him. 

JDT doesn't need to say much but he does and he knows that we are busy trying to bring players in. 

3 hours ago, imy9 said:

I may be wrong, but didn’t the players you mention sign professional contracts? Phillips hasn’t so we won’t get much, I’d think a few hundred thousand?

No, you are unable to sign a contract until your 17th birthday so both Ampadu and Elliott had not signed pro deals with Exeter or Fulham.

26 minutes ago, J*B said:

He gets 14 points on the work permit calculator thing that Joe posted. 15 is the minimum limit, but they might be able to go to ‘exceptions’ whatever that means. 

I wonder how long that process would take and shouldn't we be looking for someone who can made an impact straight away

• Like 1

So, found this. It was in Spanish just used Google translate on it. 

Its from https://m.alairelibre.cl/noticias/deportes/futbol/nublense/nicolas-guerra-aparecio-como-opcion-para-irse-a-cska-de-moscu/2022-08-15/001721.html

00:19 - 08/15/2022

Nicolás Guerra appeared as an option to go to CSKA Moscow

The Ñublense forward has had a great performance in Chillán.

PHOTO: PHOTOSPORThttps://m.alairelibre.cl/noticias/site/artic/20220815/imag/foto_0000000120220815001721.jpg

TAKE IT AWAY:

The outstanding striker from Ñublense Nicolás Guerra appeared as an option to go to CSKA Moscow , a club to which also Chilean Víctor Felipe Méndez recently left.

According to Transfermarkt , Guerra is wanted by the Russian squad , due to his great performance in the cast of Chillán and they seek to take him away before the closing of the current winter market in Europe.

They also assure that Alexander Aravena is an option at Ben Brereton Díaz's Blackburn Rovers .

This could create a huge problem for Jaime García, who does not exactly have a large squad , in the fight for the title of the National Championship or to qualify for the Copa Libertadores.

• Like 2

Then there is this from another site - seems to indicate that he cannot leave his loan club. SO it would be one for the January transfer window i imagine. 

But the list does not stop, since goals are love and they know it in England, where, according to DirecTV Sports journalist Hermán Chanampa, Alexander Aravena , striker from Universidad Católica who is on loan at Ñublense , could continue. the same way of Marcelino Núñez.

The 19-year-old striker, who has already scored 9 goals this season with the Ñublense shirt, is not only looked at from Bruges in Belgium, but also in recent days he has been joined by an interest from England , a club that until now has not has been revealed.

With this, Aravena would already add polls from Belgium , England and two Brazilian clubs , yes, the most likely thing is that the four clubs will look for him not for the current market, but for the end of the year, when the striker is free after finishing his contract with UC and his loan at Ñublense .