BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

48 minutes ago, Gav said:

With the greatest of respect that simply isn't true.

How would that make any sense for a club with injuries and its main striker going away on international duty?

If it doesn't make sense its probably not true.

With Mowbray, not making any sense isn't such a stretch of the imagination. Bizarre manager.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

How would a 'pay cut' work when Phil Jones is under contract!? Or are they just going to cancel his Utd contract? Or is it just complete bullshit?

Hmmm...

Probably pay him off, or partly off. He's 30 now so can't expect those wages for the rest of his career.

Probably bull though, as we'd be paying yet another injury prone CB not matter how low his wages are.

9 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

How would a 'pay cut' work when Phil Jones is under contract!? Or are they just going to cancel his Utd contract? Or is it just complete bullshit?

Hmmm...

I imagine they'd just say "you're not going to play for us ever again - so rot in the reserves on £100k a week or take a pay cut and move elsewhere". 

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I imagine they'd just say "you're not going to play for us ever again - so rot in the reserves on £100k a week or take a pay cut and move elsewhere". 

They'll need him when they drop a division 🤣

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Where’s this talk of Mowbray having £5 Mil of unused budget in January come from? He must be the first manager in history to turn down transfer funds to improve his side! Good grief.

• Like 1

United will pay him off no doubt. Its been done to death already but they owe him that dosh even if he's sold.

£3m pay off for his wages owed until June next year, net what he gets from us. Everyone's happy.

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I think Phil has grown accustomed to the finer things, I can’t see him coming back here. Sadly, because I’d like to think if I was a pro footballer I’d make sure I finished my career at Rovers whilst I was still capable. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Is Phil Jones a Rovers fan? I know he went to school in Leyland but wasn't sure who he supported? 

Yes - but never really seemed as invested as other Rovers fans who played for the club if I'm being truthful. He talked quite a lot about going to the Worthington Cup final in fairness. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Yes - but never really seemed as invested as other Rovers fans who played for the club if I'm being truthful. He talked quite a lot about going to the Worthington Cup final in fairness. 

Cheers...might be something in it then if there's an emotional connection to the club. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

I think Phil has grown accustomed to the finer things, I can’t see him coming back here. Sadly, because I’d like to think if I was a pro footballer I’d make sure I finished my career at Rovers whilst I was still capable. 

Is he likely to get a significantly better gig than Rovers anywhere else?

Genuine question as I'm not sure he would.  Bit of a gamble but I think it could be a bit of an inspired signing on the right money, adds a bit of experience and could cover various positions. I would actually have preferred him in January to add a touch of experience to get us over the line.

Edited by RevidgeBlue