BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 12/3/22

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Definitely too much focus on the referee again yesterday, as was always going to the case purely based on who it was.  It wasn't even a penalty in the first place, Van Hecke chucked himself over and we was lucky to have the penalty in the first place.

If you honestly think that referee performance was nothing be shocking then you must be watching a different game. He was awful and the Rovers fans told him so. 

How was that not a penalty when the Bristol City defender pull him to the ground which I clearly? 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Dack was being really careful what he did and didn't over commit ever

Dack wanted to take and Lenihan make sure that no-one else was taking it. Plus Dack would be our first choice penalty taker anyway if fit. 

The penalty should have been retake by Dack given that the Ref knows that both set of players was within the area. 

“ if fit “ says it all. There’s fit and then there’s match fit. Dack isn’t match fit and he won’t be for a while yet. Anybody not match fit shouldn’t be taking a pen.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, rigger said:

Derby County!

I don’t know what the score will be but I’ll guarantee they’ll work harder, run further, win more 50/50 balls, win more contested headers than we do. In other words they’ll “ out enthuse “ us. And their  players are as good as relegated. I’m sick of saying it, it’s been like a broken record for the last 10 years. if we want to win we’ve got to do more than they do.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

“ if fit “ says it all. There’s fit and then there’s match fit. Dack isn’t match fit and he won’t be for a while yet. Anybody not match fit shouldn’t be taking a pen.

Well Dack wanted it and he took it. If you have said who should it when given it My first choice would be Dack and it would be again

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He chucked himself over, it was very soft and we would have been fuming had it been at the other end. 

Khadra kept chucking himself over, the yellow was warranted for a pathetic dive and he was lucky not to get a second.

The "Gavin Ward is a wanker" narrative had been written prior to kick off and he would have taken abuse if he had given us 10 penalties and we had lost.

We lost because of us, we can't use the ref as a scapegoat for our own failings.

It was deffo penalty all day long. Even TV replays show that Bristol City pull him to the ground

Ward's performance as a Referee was embarrassing at best. If you want to defend that then fair enough. 

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well Dack wanted it and he took it. If you have said who should it when given it My first choice would be Dack and it would be again

If that is the case, you are more interested in the players than the results, so you are probably the only happy one on here. 

52 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It was mentioned that Dack did not look fully fit during his U23 games. But some posters put that down to him not trying because he was only against kids.

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

It was mentioned that Dack did not look fully fit during his U23 games. But some posters put that down to him not trying because he was only against kids.

It’s obvious. At the moment he’s good for a 20 minute spell. That tells you all you need to know about his current level of match fitness.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

I don't think that anyone suggested that he would come back and be at full fitness, that has nothing to do with those games.

He wouldn't have been at full throttle playing against kids and would have been using it purely as a fitness gaining exercise, nothing more.

If anything, the fact that he has played a fair few games now with and against kids and is still so rusty when it comes to the speed of an actual senior match proves that playing those kids games has a limited worth.

21 hours ago, booth said:

On here they thought someone was going to step up. Khadra, Dolan, Rothwell were all names mentioned, all midfielders who don't score much (I got particular stick for saying that). It was a glimpse into the mindset of some fans. I thought it was just Mowbray that was bonkers.

Go over on twitter, and read the drivel. Go onto Facebook, and it's worse. I can guarantee one thing, if we get a few good results in the 3 or 4 games, it's Mowbray back in again. The man has run his time here as manager, and this team next season, whatever is left of it, needs a reset and refresh. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't think that anyone suggested that he would come back and be at full fitness, that has nothing to do with those games.

He wouldn't have been at full throttle playing against kids and would have been using it purely as a fitness gaining exercise, nothing more.

If anything, the fact that he has played a fair few games now with and against kids and is still so rusty when it comes to the speed of an actual senior match proves that playing those kids games has a limited worth.

Or, he was trying full throttle, but has not fully recovered.

After the disappointment of yesterday, I want to only deal in facts, but one of the many things that have been gnawing away at me is the decision to remove Giles from the eleven. Although he struggled to create much on the right, he was pivotal in the way we controlled the Millwall game, linking really well with Rothwell, Buckley, and, dare I say it, Gally (when he wasn't trapping if further than I can kick it...). 

No-one else seemed to notice this, especially TM, as I thought he would replace Pickering at wing-back yesterday, as Pickering, since his return, is no goal threat at all.

I think Giles would have overlapped Khadra well, and put in more intelligent, pin-point crosses and passes. 

TM is determined to stubbornly stick to his totally unsuccessful principles, which are not based on his experience of how his players perform in Championship games. 

Pickering and Gally are among the 1st names on the sheet, and scoring is only an objective or priority from the 60 minute mark. Sounds familiar, doesn't it.

I'm so disappointed that we dropped a level from Tuesday, and worried that players are starting to show signs of mental fatigue. 

Tuesday in a vital game for both teams, which will lead to fireworks on the touchline, but probably stalemate on the pitch.....

Edited by garnersfags
  • Like 3

A big problem we face is the January transfer window. When it opened we were fighting for automatic promotion. Move to today and we’re at risk of dropping out of the top 6. Yesterday when anything short of 3 points was a failure, our big January moves were:

Giles- unused sub

Hedges - didn’t make the bench 

Markanday - injured

Zeefuik- injured

when we needed to strengthen the side we went out and got 4 players. None of whom saw the pitch in a must win. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, yankfan said:

A big problem we face is the January transfer window. When it opened we were fighting for automatic promotion. Move to today and we’re at risk of dropping out of the top 6. Yesterday when anything short of 3 points was a failure, our big January moves were:

Giles- unused sub

Markanday - injured

Zeefuik- injured

when we needed to strengthen the side we went out and got 4 players. None of whom saw the pitch in a must win. 

Hedges did make the bench, just wasn't brought on.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Giles- unused sub

Markanday - injured

Zeefuik- injured

Non of who haven't contributed much to date.

As someone else said i expect they'll all turn into world beaters when the beach is in sight and we are vying for a top ten finish.

Last two home games at 0-0 with 10-20 minutes remaining and desperate for a goal and Mowbray has turned to Jack Vale and Bradley Dack.

If you can find a more succinct summary of what a mess the January transfer window was than the above I'd like to see it. 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Last two home games at 0-0 with 10-20 minutes remaining and desperate for a goal and Mowbray has turned to Jack Vale and Bradley Dack.

If you can find a more succinct summary of what a mess the January transfer window was than the above I'd like to see it. 

It will be seen as the most costly window in club history.  

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Definitely too much focus on the referee again yesterday, as was always going to the case purely based on who it was.  It wasn't even a penalty in the first place, Van Hecke chucked himself over and we was lucky to have the penalty in the first place.

Ward had an OK game, indeed by Ward standards a good game.

We got a fortunate break in the pen award, it was the sort that Ward would usually ignore.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dack has missed 4 of the 9 penalties he's taken. Not a great record and some of those were in L1 goalkeepers. 

• Like 2