BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 12/3/22

35 minutes ago, Gav said:

No excuse for missing a penalty at this level, same with hitting the first man at corners, these are things you can practice. Keepers can make a good save, thats acceptable, but the 2 powderpuff efforts recently have probably cost us 6 points, 6 points we can ill afford to give up at this stage.

Even Shearer missed them every now and again!

I’ve not read any preceding observations because as usual I’ve been to depressed so if anyone else as said this I apologise.

Watching the games at the moment are like watching the same game over and over again. 
Rothwell man marked unable to get into the game and dictate it. This leaves us slow and predictable.Travis trying to do his job and create. Gallagher control with his back to goal is poor. Teams defending deep and limiting our chances coupled with an inability to take the clear openings we get. 

The squad lacks a plan b which in my opinion should have been the big old target man. Lump it up to him bring it down an lay it off to the runners. Unfortunately we don’t have that.

It is difficult to see how the cycle is broken. Opposing teams have learnt how to deal with us and we are slow to learn how to overcome the two banks of 4 you can have the ball.

Hopefully Dack and Diaz can save us and positively we are still in the mix

• Like 2

It reminded me of the famous John Coddington penalty miss back in the 1960’s. Only he ran from back near the half way line to side foot the ball. I think he’d run out of breath when he got to the ball. What made it worse the ref told him to take it again for some infringement only he saw, maybe he couldn’t see properly for laughing. So Coddington does exactly the same thing with exactly the same result. A gentle side foot into the keepers arms.

If I hadn’t have seen it with my own eyes ……

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Laughable how we broke our record with 5 games not scoring a league goal, and we could well equal that by next Saturday. Twice in one season. Disgraceful mismanagement in the transfer window from TM and Waggott. Both heads should roll.

That, tied into the record home defeat is embedded into the history books. And all on Tony 'give us a wave' Mowbrays watch.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It reminded me of the famous John Coddington penalty miss back in the 1960’s. Only he ran from the half way line to side foot the ball. I think he’d run out of breath when he got to the ball. What made it worse the ref told him to take it again for some infringement only he saw, maybe he couldn’t see properly for laughing. So Coddington does exactly the same thing with exactly the same result. A gentle side foot into the keepers arms.

If I hadn’t have seen it with my own eyes ………

That memory will last a lifetime, unfortunately.So weak, the goalie was led on the ground waiting for it to roll to him.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Geoff66 said:

We lost 1-0 but I won't be packing it in and going home like you and some of the pretend Rovers supporters. The only plus was Dack looked lively like his old self. Who's stupid idea was it that Dack took the penalty when he's been out for nearly 2 years with the same injury twice. I would try and sign Van Heck permanently he looked solid and confident at the back. Some of the shots on target were weak to put it politely, my sister could have hit the ball harder. I will be there Tuesday rovers till i die and till we get a manager with a decent football brain.

Jesus Christ, it was a turn of phrase. Calm down with the I’m a bigger fan than you r*llocks. We’re all hurting.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 6

Mike Harrison .... now there was a proper penalty taker. Nearly broke the net

Was out yesterday so missed the latest debacle but it was all oh so predictable that I actually laughed when I saw the result

Cannot add to much to everything that’s been said except that in any normal club with a functioning board of directors Mowbray would have been called in after yesterday’s game and probably sacked on the spot

This non scoring farce and collapse in form is not normal and 99 per cent of managers would have paid the price by now

Someone mentioned Gallagher and the fact Rovers players seemed not to want to pass to him which backs up my comment that privately they talk among themselves and know that he just isn’t good enough

Gallagher also probably realises they don’t rate him leading to his confidence falling further. He needs to find a new club for his own sake and should never have been given a new contract

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Jesus Christ, it was a turn of phrase. Calm down with the I’m a bigger fan than you r*llocks. We’re all hurting.

There was no ego in there, I am definitely not the greatest rovers supporter on planet earth. I go to home matches can't afford away matches unless somebody gave me lift glad to chip in with the petrol.I believe in the never say die attitude, it's not over till the last ball has been kicked.

11 minutes ago, Geoff66 said:

There was no ego in there, I am definitely not the greatest rovers supporter on planet earth. I go to home matches can't afford away matches unless somebody gave me lift glad to chip in with the petrol.I believe in the never say die attitude, it's not over till the last ball has been kicked.

Unfortunately its looking like it will be over before the last ball is kicked.

• Like 2

I very much doubt there is another manager in this league who would pay 5 million and 15k pwk for a forward like Gallagher only to use him the way he is here.

Least of all a manager whose team scores one in 8 and still doesn't think we are missing a striker.

Bizarre is too polite a word for it.

• Like 2

There just seem to be a collective lack of confidence in front of goal. When even our best finisher Dack takes a penalty like that you really can't see where a goal is coming from.

With the exception of Khadra, the players seem scared to get into the box and have a try, and it's hard to see where the next goal is coming from. 

5 minutes ago, briansol said:

There just seem to be a collective lack of confidence in front of goal. When even our best finisher Dack takes a penalty like that you really can't see where a goal is coming from.

With the exception of Khadra, the players seem scared to get into the box and have a try, and it's hard to see where the next goal is coming from. 

Derby County!

Would like to see Giles play instead of pickering in the next game. 

Have we started to play with 5 at the back? Pickering rarely goes pass the half way line, Rankin-Costello ventures further forward but offers little.

Onto Rothwell he is so frustrating with the sideways passing. He needs to play further up the field and start contributing with goals and assists. Rothwell not the same player since he was denied a transfer in January.

Is Rothwell under instruction to do that though ? 

There isn't much space to run into when opposition sit back and pack the middle and 1st half yesterday there was more sideways passing from Rovers. Presumably to try and draw them out a bit but 2nd half Britol started pushing forward a bit more and Rothwell started having a few runs as it opened up a bit.

Personally instead of just rotating around the front like praying something works i'd just try with swapping round Buckley and Rothwell.  Let him get in where he can do some damage and by the same token Buckley is then in a position to try and make some good forward passes.

Providing he isn't starting with Dack why not try that and think out of the box a little bit instead of same old same old that isn't working.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Also, though Dack didn't do a great deal, in two bits of play he showed how he can make a difference. Firstly the back heal to Rothwell that nearly came off, secondly his scuffed shot which showed that even when not fully fit he can still find space in the box like none of our other players can.

I think Dack was being really careful what he did and didn't over commit ever

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What was worse was expecting Dack to take it in the first place.

Dack wanted to take and Lenihan make sure that no-one else was taking it. Plus Dack would be our first choice penalty taker anyway if fit. 

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We can’t really complain, that was up there with one of the worst penalties I’ve ever seen at any level of football. It was like a back pass.

The penalty should have been retake by Dack given that the Ref knows that both set of players was within the area.