BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 12/3/22

• Backroom

The more I reflect the more gutted I am about today, the first half saw little impetus with the Blackburn end chanting more about Nakhi Wells than any of our lot and the game was going nowhere then there was a real surge of energy with Dack coming on, such a sucker blow for that to happen next.

Really need to react positively and thrash Rooney and co now 

• Like 1

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Am I remembering rightly that the commentators said Bristol hadn't kept a clean sheet away from home all season?

Guess the last time and place they kept a clean sheet away 

13 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Agree I had serious concerns about it and said out loud he was going to miss. I posted about it earlier too. But like I said then, the problem is who else could be trusted? Gallagher has the composure of jelly, and Rothwell doesn't do the simple things well, at times hitting the ball like a right pansy.

If either of them had taken it and missed, everyone pretty much to a man would have been outraged Dack wasn't given it.

It was a sentimental choice and a bad one. Great to see him back on the pitch but not having played for so long.... The wrong choice. 

Apart from Gallagher, Rothwell or Khadra again I can't see any other option other than maybe Van Hecke. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

Licking my wounds!

Look, I defend my comments, predictions and bets regarding today's match.  IMO, a rationalised argument / case.

What I cannot legislate for is, IMO, the utter crassness of Mowbray's management - I think he is totally deluded, having the audacity to think himself a tactical genius and another 'Pep'.

You could legislate it actually, by toning down your persistent lofty predictions to account for the crap manager.

1 minute ago, Aqualung said:

It was a sentimental choice and a bad one. Great to see him back on the pitch but not having played for so long.... The wrong choice. 

Apart from Gallagher, Rothwell or Khadra again I can't see any other option other than maybe Van Hecke. 

Problem is I don't see those three as options either. Khadra missed one recently, Gally couldn't finish a Freddo right now and Rothwell barely looks arsed most of the time and is far from a goal machine. Once someone has already missed, anyone else sounds like a better option. Dack wasn't ready, but I'd say the other three were probably just as likely to miss it, and like I said you can 100% guarantee if they had, everyone would have asked why it wasn't Dack. We're in a really sorry situation right now, and I bet it takes a few games for Dack to believe in himself again now.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dan said:

Keeper off his line too! I’ve stopped being pissed off so much about the refs now, it’s just expected. Wonder if we’d have done any better this season with VAR? 

Probably swings and roundabouts. Would have been a pen against us for North End for sure, handball by Nyambe I think it was.

12 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

You could legislate it actually, by toning down your persistent lofty predictions to account for the crap manager.

4th v 19th at home with Dack to score a goal anytime!

FFS, if that's a lofty prediction then God help us all.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, andyroversmad said:

Have we ever paid compensation to another team for a decent manger since venkys have arrived. When Mowbray eventually leaves it will just be another poor appointment of someone who's out of work already (Mowbray, Coyle, Lambert... etc).

We've not had a decent manager under Venkys, let alone paying compo for one.

Did we end up paying compensation for Appleton? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Songman said:

Probably swings and roundabouts. Would have been a pen against us for North End for sure, handball by Nyambe I think it was.

Sheff Utd keeper off the line to save the pen, but you make your own luck, asking a ref to be competent in this division is a bridge to far. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Dack should never IMHO taken the penalty. My granddaughter would have saved it. Should have been Gallagher or Rothwell.. 

They are a pair of bottlers. Gallagher is pathetic and Rothwell has given up not he ever tried consistently. 

• Backroom
14 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

We've not had a decent manager under Venkys, let alone paying compo for one.

Did we end up paying compensation for Appleton? 

Yeah, although from memory it was a very small amount. 

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, alcd said:

Unlike the £2.5m compo plus legal costs paid to Henning Berg for 57 days in employment. 

Good old Shelfy "going rogue", then proceeding to keep his job for another three years. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I live in hope the next managerial appointment is one that unites the fans and gets us all on board , surely we are due a good un 

We will probbaly be united in our disappointment.

We are due a good manager but that would require the owners to spend a little time and effort considering what would be in the best interests of the club. I hold out no hope at all.

Venky's out

• Like 2

The whole Rovers rabble had a brain fade on the free kick that lead to the BC winner.

No one marked anyone, followed runners, did anything apart from appealing for a non existent offside.

Its like it all happened in slow motion made the more spooky by the amount of 'fluke' involved with the miss hit and sliced cross but the damage had been done already by players not doing their jobs.

Bloody amateurs.

A pathetic crock of shit managed by a toilet brush.

I'm not having it that Dack should not have taken the penalty. He was fit enough to be on the bench, fit enough to get subbed on and surely fit enough to kick a ball 12 yards. Hes played plenty of U23 games and training sessions. He was just too lackadaisical and laid back, showing off instead of just thumping it. Again a pathetic attempt.

This is a separate issue from the cowardice of our 5 million pound whatever in being missing in action at such important times as a penalty kick.

We are still in the playoffs only because this is a league full of dross. If the rest were any use we would not be.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Aqualung said:

My thoughts exactly. Van Hecke should take them 

There are no excuses for those shit penalties.

Whether the keeper was off the line or the defender was in the box is irrelevant. Any professional football player should be able to smash a penalty in regardless. It's their job for fuck sake.

Shearer would never have had any issues, he'd just walk up and smash it into the net.

• Like 5

Yes their defenders were in the box when Dack took the penalty but so were some of our players. Ward probably thought it was evens...................

BUT ..... why are our players charging into the box during a penalty take? It is not as if any of them are competent enough to score from any rebound, so all just false endeavour.

As said before they are amateurs in their behaviour.

• Like 1