BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 12/3/22

I haven't seen it mentioned, but the switch to a back 4 was moronic.

Bristol City hadn't had a sniff, yet we decided to shift Lenihan to RB (which he absolutely can't play - defensively or offensively) and suddenly we were all at sea at the back.

The 3-4-3 we play with a False 9 is tailor made for Dack - why not just take off the misfiring Buckley and replace him with Dack? Instead he shuffled all of the deck chairs on the Titanic.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Gav said:

You wouldn't know that first of all and its irrelevant anyway.

That was our deal, take it or leave it and we left it.

Billionaire owners eh........

It's on their official website Gav. They've got an option to buy.

There's even a separate interview with the guy saying he hopes to make an impression so he can get a permanent move.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I haven't seen it mentioned, but the switch to a back 4 was moronic.

Bristol City hadn't had a sniff, yet we decided to shift Lenihan to RB (which he absolutely can't play - defensively or offensively) and suddenly we were all at sea at the back.

The 3-4-3 we play with a False 9 is tailor made for Dack - why not just take off the misfiring Buckley and replace him with Dack? Instead he shuffled all of the deck chairs on the Titanic.

And the reaction from Bristol was near instant.

14 minutes ago, Gav said:

Who cares? We know the owners are shit. You're just deflecting. Given our players we have been unacceptably bad in 2022.

Edit: scratch that, given 11 men on 5000 square metres of grass

Edited by XLM

11 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Gav why do you keep saying this about Maja when it isn't true?

He went to Stoke on loan, no obligation to buy.No 3 million fee agreed.

It would not have taken 3 million to bring Maja here in January.Mowbray had moved on from him

In the summer Maja failed a medical again it had nothing to do with money 

Not being rude but do you think if you keep saying it it will be true?

It was reported in The Lancashire Telegraph islander, as I quoted to you and booth a few days ago, £3m we were quoted.

You’ve said it isn’t true, you obviously know more than the local paper, can we see why you know better? 

It’s irrelevant by the way, but as you’re calling my account into question, or Rich Sharpes….

Edited by Gav

12 minutes ago, Gav said:

It was reported in The Lancashire Telegraph islander, as I quoted to you and booth a few days ago, £3m we were quoted.

You’ve said it isn’t true, you obviously know more than the local paper, can we see why you know better? 

It’s irrelevant by the way, but as you’re calling me a liar….

£3m may have been agreed in Summer but the fact is he went to Stoke on loan with an option to buy at the end of the season. TM had moved on, he said he didn't want a striker as they won't work the channels. And that's how we play now.

Venkys have been awful for the club, but the villain behind this momental cock up is all Mowbray.

He was already a villain for signing Gallagher for £5m who has been a near constant disappointment. Then giving him a new contract. Imagine what a difference £5m could have made. We could have been giving two or more decent players a new contract right now.

If we don't have money why is he spending £200k on Hedges and giving out contracts to strikers who can't score and contribute little to a season. I'd even question the signing of Markanday at this present moment. Those two players alone were £700k, then add on Gallaghers contract, Brownes contract, Giles contract (who I like but hasn't impacted results one bit), Zeefuick's contract. He should have just bought a fecking striker or a goalscoring midfielder.

Edited by booth
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, Gav said:

It’s irrelevant by the way, but as you’re calling my account into question, or Rich Sharpes….

I'm just following the logic.Stoke got him on loan and are under absolutely no obligation to buy.

He failed a medical in January.

46 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Absolutely diatribe at times in particular the first 45. Not one player put his foot on the ball, no movement no effort and no creativity. Rothwell was non existent and just strolled around! I made a point on another thread about players thinking they are better than they are and this was a great example! Second half more puff than huff no chances taken and not even the returning Dack could convert the penalty. 
Proper smash and grab result that ends the season and Mowbrays tenure at Ewood

Agree with the first conclusion = Derby and Reading will put the final nails in this week - but sadly your final prediction is likely to be incorrect.

27 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Gav why do you keep saying this about Maja when it isn't true?

He went to Stoke on loan, no obligation to buy.No 3 million fee agreed.

It would not have taken 3 million to bring Maja here in January.Mowbray had moved on from him

In the summer Maja failed a medical again it had nothing to do with money 

Not being rude but do you think if you keep saying it it will be true?

Thank you, I got tired of pointing this out.

Thought buckley was really poor today. Mowbray actually made a very accurate assessment midweek when he said buckley doesn't move enough in possession, he doesn't get in positions to receive the ball and so he drifts put of games.

He also seems to have lost a lot of intensity in his pressing.

Which makes the persistence in starting him (ahead of dolan who had a great game in the same role vs qpr) hard to fathom. 

He shouldve been hooked at half time 

• Like 4

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Thought buckley was really poor today. Mowbray actually made a very accurate assessment midweek when he said buckley doesn't move enough in possession, he doesn't get in positions to receive the ball and so he drifts put of games.

He also seems to have lost a lot of intensity in his pressing.

Which makes the persistence in starting him (ahead of dolan who had a great game in the same role vs qpr) hard to fathom. 

He shouldve been hooked at half time 

I agree and would add lethargic in possession to that list. He just doesn't show enough urgency when he has the ball and today was caught in possession far too many times when there were passes on.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Take a bow Merc. Could I ask you politely to keep your tips to yourself in future.

Licking my wounds!

Look, I defend my comments, predictions and bets regarding today's match.  IMO, a rationalised argument / case.

What I cannot legislate for is, IMO, the utter crassness of Mowbray's management - I think he is totally deluded, having the audacity to think himself a tactical genius and another 'Pep'.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Mowbray actually made a very accurate assessment midweek when he said buckley doesn't move enough in possession, he doesn't get in positions to receive the ball and so he drifts put of games.

There’s a first! I’m sure tonight he’ll be telling us players will ‘step up’ midweek, and we’ll be fine.

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

Licking my wounds!

Look, I defend my comments, predictions and bets regarding today's match.  IMO, a rationalised argument / case.

What I cannot legislate for is, IMO, the utter crassness of Mowbray's management - I think he is totally deluded, having the audacity to think himself a tactical genius and another 'Pep'.

Failing to consider the “ Mowbray factor “ is no excuse. What are the odd’s on him taking us down next year.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gav said:

Didn’t we allegedly bid for Solanke?
The money was there if true. Mowbray has even came out and said he doesn’t look back with any regrets on not signing a striker. 

I’m not blaming the owners for this shit show (they are to blame for a bloody lot of the last 10 years though)

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Has he resigned/been fired yet ?

If only. He was asleep on the bench for the final part of the season last season and still didn’t get sacked. Venky’s will see this as progress on our bloody journey. Fuck knows where we are going, we’ve been going round a roundabout for the last few seasons. 

3 minutes ago, superniko said:

Didn’t we allegedly bid for Solanke?
The money was there if true. Mowbray has even came out and said he doesn’t look back with any regrets on not signing a striker. 

I’m not blaming the owners for this shit show (they are to blame for a bloody lot of the last 10 years though)

Bullshit we bid for solanke. 

Edit: not having a do at you btw pal, just not having it at all.

Edited by Mellor Rover

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Licking my wounds!

He is as far from ‘Pep’ as Sam Gallagher is from Robert Lewandowski. I Imagine our dogshit owners probably fall for the bullshit he spouts.