BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 12/3/22

5 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

It’s going to be hard to find any enjoyment the rest of the season. I can’t even say we need a win, we need a GOAL. 

I said on a previous thread we needed two wins out of these three at Ewood to keep up with promotion chasers around us. It didn’t happen. There’s no use hoping for a playoff run now, there’s nothing but disappointment all around us. 

No one feels worse than Dack right now. You know how badly he wanted his return to be a triumphant one. 

Trying to pass into the net against an in form keeper was insane. He may be just back but surely from 12 yards he can at least give it a thump. Too lackadaisical by far.

Whether he should be taking it is another matter and I agree with @Tyrone Shoelaces 'gutless' comment

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Ridiculous decision. The guy has been out for a year ! Any one of the gutless bastards but Dack today. Cowardly.

The fact Dack was the one to take it says it all about the rest of the team on the pitch today, and the levels of trust management has in them.

• Like 4

I'd feel better if we were just shit. But we continue to be the better side in games. We continue to have a number of guilt edged chances in games. And we continue to somehow keep on missing them. We should have brought in a striker in January. If we did, I'm certain we'd be at least 8 points better off.

Sam Gallagher has been the biggest disappointment in this run for me. He just doesn't get into danger areas. His like of footballing intelligence and strikers instincts have made him completely ineffectual. This was his chance to lead the line. Diaz being out has really highlighted just how bad Gallagher really is. 

It almost feels like we're cursed right now. We haven't been blowing teams away. But on the balance of play, the chances we've missed, I find it unbelievable that we've not picked up more points of late. I think Mowbray is correct for sticking to this system. It's worked this season and to an extent is still working. However it was his decision to not bring in a striker. That judgement call is on him and right now it looks as though its costing us promotion. 

• Like 3

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, den said:

I’ll tell you what. Here we are sitting in 4th place having our best season for years, but the warning signs are very much there for me.

The danger signs for next season are already staring us in the face. The club should take notice.

Not scoring from open play in 810 minutes? Yeah that's a pretty fucking glaring sign of something being seriously wrong. 

• Like 1

Just now, ben_the_beast said:

I'd feel better if we were just shit. But we continue to be the better side in games. We continue to have a number of guilt edged chances in games. And we continue to somehow keep on missing them. We should have brought in a striker in January. If we did, I'm certain we'd be at least 8 points better off.

Sam Gallagher has been the biggest disappointment in this run for me. He just doesn't get into danger areas. His like of footballing intelligence and strikers instincts have made him completely ineffectual. This was his chance to lead the line. Diaz being out has really highlighted just how bad Gallagher really is. 

It almost feels like we're cursed right now. We haven't been blowing teams away. But on the balance of play, the chances we've missed, I find it unbelievable that we've not picked up more points of late. I think Mowbray is correct for sticking to this system. It's worked this season and to an extent is still working. However it was his decision to not bring in a striker. That judgement call is on him and right now it looks as though its costing us promotion. 

Well said. And in the second half he had the opportunity to play in a more conventional strikers role. The guy is a poor mans Ashley Ward (😳).

• Backroom

If someone else took that and missed people would be saying Dack should have taken it

As soon as it was given Travis made a move to get the ball to Dack, he was always going to take it

I wish it was more Julian Dicks than Jason Wilcox mind 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

We all know Gallagher is limited but he has been severely hampered by being played out of position. He would score goals played as a striker and supported by wingers.

No, he really wouldn’t. He makes Ashley Ward look like Alan Shearer. 

• Like 5

Right, it’s that time of the weekend again when I’m forced to post this. 

I’m really down in the dumps about that result. It’s so predictable but I continue to watch because I desperately hope it doesn’t turn out the way that I know it will do. 

And still, my phone beeps away to my left as emails come through as posts are reported on here - mostly for baiting - despite K-Hods warning. So let me be clear, every time my phone goes off, if it’s an email with a report of a post that breaks the very simple forum rules, I’ll be banning you for 3 days. 

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

If someone else took that and missed people would be saying Dack should have taken it

As soon as it was given Travis made a move to get the ball to Dack, he was always going to take it

I wish it was more Julian Dicks than Jason Wilcox mind 

The guy hasn’t played for a year. He’s only been on the pitch for minutes. Have we really nobody else who’s got the balls to take a free shot from 12 yards ? What are we paying them for ?

• Like 3

Today's loss was mainly due to lack of confidence. Players have let fans down again but its the manager who takes responsibility. Same old Mowbray. SACK HIM.

Playoffs have gone now, teams so unsettled and agitated that they struggled to put constructed attacks together. Even Kaminski was nervy and Travis tried too hard that he lost sight of who was around him. As I said last week, Gallagher should never be in the team. Can't blame the ref, he's an entertainer and just what the EFL want. Man to blame is Tony Mowbray.

Ewood should spend time next game on Tuesday on letting Mowbray & the press know that we want him to go.    

13 minutes ago, Gav said:

He was priced out of his number 1 target Maja, the owners could have made that deal happen, where was the Armstrong money?

But without doubt, he could have loaned a striker, the Spurs lad was supposed to fill that role, even though he’s not an out and out striker. 

The lad from Spurs isn't a striker at all, he's a winger from their youth team.

I'd be interested to know how much Stoke are paying Maja if money was such an issue.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Whats the story with this Hedges guy?  Mowbray said in January he was chasing him for ages and he finally got his man and has barely had a minute on the pitch.  Now in fairness what I did see of him wasn;t good but it begs the question of why on Earth was he so desperate to get him??

Cheap

• Like 1

Absolutely diatribe at times in particular the first 45. Not one player put his foot on the ball, no movement no effort and no creativity. Rothwell was non existent and just strolled around! I made a point on another thread about players thinking they are better than they are and this was a great example! Second half more puff than huff no chances taken and not even the returning Dack could convert the penalty. 
Proper smash and grab result that ends the season and Mowbrays tenure at Ewood

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

We all know Gallagher is limited but he has been severely hampered by being played out of position. He would score goals played as a striker and supported by wingers.

Wow. That's a brave statement.

Please reveal what that claim is based on. 

We usually win when Gally isn't in the team.

We usually fail to win when Gally is in the team.

He 'has' played in the No 9 role, and surprisingly, he has looked like a donkey. He is more use to the opposition than he is to us. 

You and Mowbray are happy with a relegation scrap.....

• Like 5

Just now, Cherry Blue said:

Today's loss was mainly due to lack of confidence. Players have let fans down again but its the manager who takes responsibility. Same old Mowbray. SACK HIM.

Playoffs have gone now, teams so unsettled and agitated that they struggled to put constructed attacks together. Even Kaminski was nervy and Travis tried too hard that he lost sight of who was around him. As I said last week, Gallagher should never be in the team. Can't blame the ref, he's an entertainer and just what the EFL want. Man to blame is Tony Mowbray.

Ewood should spend time next game on Tuesday on letting Mowbray & the press know that we want him to go.    

The majority of those left at Ewood are happy with Mowbray(and Venky’s). Visit Twitter and Facebook. We should be grateful, without our great owners and fantastic managers we’d be doomed. Anyone who thinks differently isn’t a proper fan. 

One thing I thought was strange is that he’s comparing Giles to Mahrez in the week and then doesn’t play him. If Tony was a relative I’d be taking him to the doctors for a checkup, because I’m not really sure what goes on in his tiny brain. 

• Like 6