BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 12/3/22

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

I’d argue that we deserve it in all honesty, we have stunk the championship out since December , if there is a stick on for a 0-0 just now it’s us 

We are creating good chances but sadly can't convert them. Whether its Lenihan or JRC or Khadra. 

But I would be more worried if we were created nothing but we aren't. 

There is absolutely not a chance that we bid for Solanke, he would have cost an eight figure fee and it is crazy that such ITK nonsense can become factual.

Absolutely gutted tonight, the same issues in front of goal. Sacking Mowbray right now would make zero sense, no matter what people say. We did need another attacker, we didn't have a reasonable budget to get one, but we should have got one on loan.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I noticed that - in truth the penalty should have been retaken.

So should have the one Khadra missed; the goalkeeper came off his line. You can’t expect the referees in this league to spot things like that though. 

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We are creating good chances but sadly can't convert them. Whether its Lenihan or JRC or Khadra. 

Don't buy your argument.

After watching football for decades, I've heard that argument time and time and time again 'creating chances but not taking them'.  You will hear that argument from 90% of teams, managers and fans of those who failed to win today.

Bottom line - we needed a feckin striker in January but, IMO, our bollock brain of a manager didn't think we did.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

There is absolutely not a chance that we bid for Solanke, he would have cost an eight figure fee and it is crazy that such ITK nonsense can become factual.

Absolutely gutted tonight, the same issues in front of goal. Sacking Mowbray right now would make zero sense, no matter what people say. We did need another attacker, we didn't have a reasonable budget to get one, but we should have got one on loan.

you can`t sack him now thats pretty clear ,just tell him to clear his desk after the last game of the season

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Sacking him tonight , would make certain he wasn't managing us next season...

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No use creating chances if we don’t have a player in the full 11 that’s half competent in finding the net. I’d guess if these chances fell to other teams they would be hitting the net , we need to fess up that our players just aren’t very good 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not that I think there is any chance of it happening, but there are several arguments you could make as to why it could be positive.

- We’d likely see a change in style/shape, and by do we need it! Mr Stubborn will just keep doing the same thing and expecting different results

- It might give the fans a lift and the players a kick up the arse

- He’s likely off at the end of the season anyway, so why not get a new man in now to assess what he might be working with? Might even be able to persuade some of the lads with contracts expiring that their future lies at Rovers.

- New manager bounce would be lovely right now.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

NO! Why would I sack a manager that has 4th in the league and players are performing for him? 

But each to their own tho

The fact we are still fourth shows how piss poor this league really is. 

Anything other than first or second is not good enough given where we were in December. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

No use creating chances if we don’t have a player in the full 11 that’s half competent in finding the net.

Like I said before I would be more concern if we weren't creating chances but we are and we performing well. 

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

Not that I think there is any chance of it happening, but there are several arguments you could make as to why it could be positive.

- We’d likely see a change in style/shape, and by do we need it! Mr Stubborn will just keep doing the same thing and expecting different results

- It might give the fans a lift and the players a kick up the arse

- He’s likely off at the end of the season anyway, so why not get a new man in now to assess what he might be working with? Might even be able to persuade some of the lads with contracts expiring that their future lies at Rovers.

- New manager bounce would be lovely right now.

Mowbray change formation during the game so not that stubborn is he! 

Do the players or fans need a lift? Not really players are performing well and fans are right behind the team. Blackburn End was good today and right behind the players

Mowbray likely off in the summer so why is he going to India then in summer to meet the owners? He ain't there for holiday is he? 

Given that Waggott is doing the contract negotiations do you suddenly think we are going pay more cos of a change of manager

A new manager bounce isn't guarantee at all. Just look at Mark Hughes at Bradford for example or Alex Neil at Sunderland. 

But lets say it was going to happen who are you going to bring in as manager to replace Mowbray?  

6 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

The fact we are still fourth shows how piss poor this league really is. 

Anything other than first or second is not good enough given where we were in December. 

At the start of the season, would you have considered 2nd to be a minimum requirement?

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Like I said before I would be more concern if we weren't creating chances but we are and we performing well. 

Do the players or fans need a lift? Not really players are performing well and fans are right behind the team. Blackburn End was good today and right behind the players

Mowbray likely off in the summer so why is he going to India then in summer to meet the owners? He ain't there for holiday is he? 

Given that Waggott is doing the contract negotiations do you suddenly think we are going pay more cos of a change of manager

A new manager bounce isn't guarantee at all. Just look at Mark Hughes at Bradford for example or Alex Neil at Sunderland. 

But lets say it was going to happen who are you going to bring in as manager to replace Mowbray?  

anyone young and progressive,though this is venkys club so it could be anyone,said before we should be going all out for rooney but very much doubt we have the ambition to get him

The management team should have penalty practice on the training ground. 

There should be a designated penalty taker and a couple of deputies appointed.

It could be Gallagher, Van Hecke, Pickering or Rothwell. Or somebody else. I don't know who is the best one.

If there is a problem complying with this on the field, the captain should make the decision.

This is the least we should expect from a COMPETENT management team.

Another reason why I want Mowbray to go.

Oh. I was on the ground early and the subs were warming up in front of me. Hedges was among them. I saw Brown, Dolan, Giles, Dack, Johnson and Stergiakis. Those were the 7 subs.

BBC only have 6

I doesn’t really hurt any more for me. I never bought into the going up automatically for a minute and I had real doubts about the play offs once the wheels started to fall off in January. After the window it was pretty obvious that the only people who really wanted promotion were the fans.

As I said earlier have a clear out of the managerial staff asap and get the new man in with a few games to go so he can decide who he wants to stay and go.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Point by point…

1. I take it you are referring to the desperate substitution that totally unbalanced us? We all know Gallagher will be a wider than ever forward again on Tuesday.

2. I could certainly do with a lift after that debacle, and the shit show we’ve experienced this calendar year, and I expect I’m not alone. If the players aren’t gutted and really disappointed in themselves this evening they aren’t worth their salt… so yeah, they might need a lift too. Maybe they wouldn’t look like rabbits in headlights whenever they got near the opposition box either.

3. He’s going because he has been summoned by the stupid, arrogant twats. They expect slavish obedience, and if they demand it before the 30th of June, of course he will go. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that they will offer him another deal, but if we fail to make the playoffs it’s yet another unforgivably bad decision by them. I reckon he’s got retirement plans anyway.

4. Well according to you, they won’t get a better offer from another club anyway. Perhaps Waggott should get you to have a word with the players and tell them how lucky they are, maybe give their agents a dose of Chaddyreality too.

5. Of course it’s not guaranteed, particularly with who our moronic owners will turn to for a replacement, but I think it’s more likely than Mowbray arresting this slide in time to salvage a playoff spot.

6. I’m not going to bring anyone in. HSH are. If it had been down to me none of the managers Venky’s have appointed would get near the door. Obviously Mowbray has been their best appointment, but that’s like being the nicest guy in prison. He’s bang average. You don’t think that any of our players can do better than our club, but you don’t think our club can do better than Mowbray?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That would be Mark Hughes' Bradford that today won 2-0 away at top of the league Forest Green.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

At the start of the season, would you have considered 2nd to be a minimum requirement?

Under Venkys, yes.

We were top half in the Premier League when they took over. Anything other than that is a total failure and unacceptable. 

"They made some mistakes early on" as people keep parroting but my question is what have they done to rectify those mistakes? 

• Like 4