BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 12/3/22

Pathetic. 

If we concentrated half as much on trying to put the ball in the bloody net as we did on diving and trying to con the (dreadful) ref we may have got somewhere.

Gutless and clueless performance. The lack of accountability Mowbray has is a big problem. He can be as stubborn as he likes, go on shit runs, set embarrassing records. Nobody but the fans cares.

To be fair to Mowbray though, he was right in wanting to offload Rothwell, but the dickheads despised to step. Nothing good will happen while they remain.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tugayislegend said:

Shame we didnt turn up first half. If we played with the same intensity and conviction in the 1st half as the last 20 mins we may have got a result. 

That's because TM doesn't do the right match talk. Never has done apart from "go out there and paly football". 

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

The majority of those left at Ewood are happy with Mowbray(and Venky’s). Visit Twitter and Facebook. We should be grateful, without our great owners and fantastic managers we’d be doomed. Anyone who thinks differently isn’t a proper fan. 

One thing I thought was strange is that he’s comparing Giles to Mahrez in the week and then doesn’t play him. If Tony was a relative I’d be taking him to the doctors for a checkup, because I’m not really sure what goes on in his tiny brain. 

You must be sitting in a different part of the ground to me. 

1 minute ago, garnersfags said:

Wow. That's a brave statement.

Please reveal what that claim is based on. 

We usually win when Gally isn't in the team.

We usually fail to win when Gally is in the team.

He 'has' played in the No 9 role, and surprisingly, he has looked like a donkey. He is more use to the opposition than he is to us. 

You and Mowbray are happy with a relegation scrap.....

What really angers me is when a ball is played into him, he never jumps for it. 6’5 and he plays like he’s 5’5. It really is like playing with ten men. You’d struggle to make a 2 minute YouTube compilation of his contribution this year. 

Also let this sink in, we’ve given him a new contract! Signing him in the first place for FIVE million pounds was a joke, a new contract is unbelievable. That’s a sackable offence in itself. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, DE. said:

The fact Dack was the one to take it says it all about the rest of the team on the pitch today, and the levels of trust management has in them.

One of the XI players on the pitch at the time of that penalty has to score it to save your life.

Are you honestly telling me you're turning to Gallagher, Khadra, Rothwell before Dack? Give over. 

7 minutes ago, booth said:

The lad from Spurs isn't a striker at all, he's a winger from their youth team.

I'd be interested to know how much Stoke are paying Maja if money was such an issue.

Man City don’t play with strikers, maybe he was channelling his inner Pep when signing the lad from Spurs, I’ve no idea, but that deal fits the Venky criteria. 

On Maja, Bordeaux wanted £3m for Maja, in January or at the end of a loan and we don’t have £3m, the rest is history. 

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

One of the XI players on the pitch at the time of that penalty has to score it to save your life.

Are you honestly telling me you're turning to Gallagher, Khadra, Rothwell before Dack? Give over. 

The fact we have nobody else capable of scoring from 12 yards with a free shot is frankly an absolute disgrace. Dack having to step up 10 or so minutes into his return to the first team is a pathetic reflection on the rest of the team. He duly missed with a terrible penalty because he simply wasn't ready. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

Man City don’t play with strikers, maybe he was channelling his inner Pep when signing the lad from Spurs, I’ve no idea, but that deal fits the Venky criteria. 

On Maja, Bordeaux wanted £3m for Maja, in January or at the end of a loan and we don’t have £3m, the rest is history. 

Stoke don't need to sign Maja at the end of the season.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The guy hasn’t played for a year. He’s only been on the pitch for minutes. Have we really nobody else who’s got the balls to take a free shot from 12 yards ? What are we paying them for ?

Soooo many of us made the point when the ball was given to Dack, THAT IT WAS HIS 1ST TOUCH!!!!

If you take a penalty with your 1st touch, you are less likely to score. No-one around us thought he'd score. 

It's the same lack of composure that we've had in the penalty area since 2nd Jan.

Mowbray admitted a,while ago that he probably gets them too wound up before a game. This leads to a lack of 'composure'. 

We didn't look like scoring today. Whoever had the ball, and whoever, if anyone, was defending. 

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Giles wasn't in the team. 

In my humble opinion, Giles is a more attacking, creative wing-back than Pickering, but TM and probably many on here don't agree with me. 

We were disrupted by a team that came to attack us on the breakaway, something we haven't experienced since Forest.

We were miles better on Tuesday, mainly because of Giles's link-up with Buckley and Rothwell. 

We will never score again.

Thanks Tony, you excuse for a manager....

• Like 2

I honestly couldn't believe when Dack was given the ball for the penalty after being on the field a few minutes and after a few tentative touches. It was an emotional decision and backfired as he just didn't look confident. I'd like to know who the nominated penalty taker was and I'm certain he would have still been on the pitch when we got the penalty. Somebody was thinking about tomorrow's headlines there. Still we had enough decent chances to win this game comfortably but a combination of poor decision making and awful finishing ensured it was another Rovers nil days. Incredibly it looks like most of the teams around us are having jitters as we are incredibly hanging on to a playoff place. I didn't think we played too well today. Too slow, ponderous in possession, awful first touches all over the pitch, not enough intensity and some really slack passing allowed Bristol to stay in the game and hit us with a sucker punch. I was told after the game that we have scored three league goals this year. An incredible statistic at any level of football and Mowbrays reluctance to buy a centre forward who can chip in with a few goals is biting us on the arse massively.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

That's because TM doesn't do the right match talk. Never has done apart from "go out there and paly football". 

Would you be motivated by him? Gurning and grunting. If Ferguson was the hairdryer, Tony is a pound shop handheld fan. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

The fact we have nobody else capable of scoring from 12 yards with a free shot is frankly an absolute disgrace. Dack having to step up 10 or so minutes into his return to the first team is a pathetic reflection on the rest of the team. He duly missed with a terrible penalty because he simply wasn't ready. 

I hope Mowbray has that on his conscience, because I doubt he'll shed any remorse for any of the other daft decisions.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I just choked on my fish and chips, Giles, Mahrez, he really said that?

Yep! I wish I was joking. 

“Ryan Giles is a really good player, but why isn’t he demanding the ball? Give him the ball and watch him dance inside like Riyad Mahrez.“

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19984888.blackburn-rovers-right-position-ryan-giles-says-mowbray/

Edited by Dan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, garnersfags said:

Soooo many of us made the point when the ball was given to Dack, THAT IT WAS HIS 1ST TOUCH!!!!

If you take a penalty with your 1st touch, you are less likely to score. No-one around us thought he'd score. 

It's the same lack of composure that we've had in the penalty area since 2nd Jan.

Mowbray admitted a,while ago that he probably gets them too wound up before a game. This leads to a lack of 'composure'. 

We didn't look like scoring today. Whoever had the ball, and whoever, if anyone, was defending. 

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Giles wasn't in the team. 

In my humble opinion, Giles is a more attacking, creative wing-back than Pickering, but TM and probably many on here don't agree with me. 

We were disrupted by a team that came to attack us on the breakaway, something we haven't experienced since Forest.

We were miles better on Tuesday, mainly because of Giles's link-up with Buckley and Rothwell. 

We will never score again.

Thanks Tony, you excuse for a manager....

Pickering offers nothing at all.  Giles should be lwb without question.  Yet our manager thinks he's a right winger.  

You couldn't make it up.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, booth said:

Stoke don't need to sign Maja at the end of the season.

You wouldn't know that first of all and its irrelevant anyway.

That was our deal, take it or leave it and we left it.

Billionaire owners eh........

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He was warming up infront of the Jack Walker stand in the second half, so I'd be surprised if he wasn't on the bench. 

He was on the original team sheet and came out of the tunnel. After that he wasn't on the BBC app, and any other site that has football stats. I assumed he was injured in the warm up.

BBC

Screenshot 2022-03-12 at 18.03.42.png

Sky

524305340_Screenshot2022-03-12at18_06_13.thumb.png.2167efecb6262e16d78256962051793d.png

Edited by booth

10 minutes ago, Gav said:

Gav why do you keep saying this about Maja when it isn't true?

He went to Stoke on loan, no obligation to buy.No 3 million fee agreed.

It would not have taken 3 million to bring Maja here in January.Mowbray had moved on from him

In the summer Maja failed a medical again it had nothing to do with money 

Not being rude but do you think if you keep saying it it will be true?

• Like 4