BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 12/3/22

2 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

That would be Mark Hughes' Bradford that today won 2-0 away at top of the league Forest Green.

Forest Green can’t buy a win, but the point still stands.

There owners won’t have heard of Mark Hughes and if he’s any sense he’d never work for them either. 

3 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Under Venkys, yes.

We were top half in the Premier League when they took over. Anything other than that is a total failure and unacceptable. 

"They made some mistakes early on" as people keep parroting but my question is what have they done to rectify those mistakes? 

Do they mean “ early on “ in January 2022 ?

I’m not one that buys into the Tony Mowbray doesn’t want promotion theory, I think it’s a childish and ridiculous POV. 

The 3-5-2 has been well and truly found out. Neither of the wingbacks ventured too far forward in the first half, and this means we just faff about with ball retention, creating very little. Pickering in particular was disgraceful, there is no other manager out there that would prefer him to Giles as a LWB. He is a much better left back than LWB. 

Mowbray did the right thing changing to the 4-2-3-1, yes we gave up some of the ball and got caught a few times but we looked a threat at the other end, finally. As frustrating as Khadra is at times, I liked getting the ball out wide left to him. Dack should have scored the chance, it was a cracking ball in. 
I am absolutely devastated to be honest. That was a tough tough watch. A golden opportunity amongst a host of golden opportunities. 
He isn’t gonna get sacked, let’s hope he makes some changes to the side for the last few games.

I fear the season was lost during Dacks stutter step.

• Like 1

First time for months that we’ve gone odds against for a top 6 finish. Now Sheff Utd, Luton, Boro, Forest and Huddersfield all favourites over us now. 
Criminal from Mowbray and the staff given we were 2nd at Christmas. 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 7

Rubbish first half but we got at them in the second and should have scored from the penalty but instead we gifted them a goal at the death.

The change to 442 was really what we needed because the 352 clearly wasn’t working. Would like to see this agin with Giles wide left and Khadra wide right. Gallagher and Dack/Dolan up top 

Dack coming back is a big plus even though he should have been nowhere near taking the penalty.

It’s very disappointing to see us failing to score again and conceding a late goal but we are still in with a great chance of the play-offs. The next two games are winnable. 

Its been a spectacular collapse and it shows little sign of slowing. 

To go from the start of February in the top 2 and 9(?) points clear of 7th to be here on 12th March and likely to drop out of the top 6 is a travesty.

I'm struggling to think of a comparable rapid collapse in position and results. 

Mid table form since January would have us still sitting pretty. But it has been relegation form.

Today was a shocker. From 20 minutes in I had that feeling in my stomach. Bristol City are a side that leak goals like mad - 36 conceded in their last 17. To fail to score against them horrendous.

I'm not even going with the chances galore routine. I don't think it was the same as against Millwall. Against Millwall we had 3-4 chances in the first half that normally you would expect to put one of them away. 

Today, other than the penalty miss and the long range Khadra effort I'm struggling to recall many other times they've been seriously troubled. 

I think the season is over. Such a waste and I only hope there is an inquest into what has gone wrong because there needs to be. What is not acceptable is the shoulder shrugging, hard luck and claims we are doing everything right but scoring. 

• Like 8

Well what do you say after that.

slow, ponderous, cowardly, diving, 

this isn’t arte et labore. It’s embarrassing . 

No Positives to take away from the match or going forward . Just feel empty 

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 4

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

The next two games are winnable. 

The problem is people have been saying this for a while, especially about the three home games we're nearly done with. So far one point out of a possible six. Games are only winnable if we can score goals, and we simply can't. At some point we have to accept this isn't bad luck, we just have a team who are absolutely useless at scoring goals without BBD in the side. Dack coming back is a welcome boost but we can't expect great things from him considering the amount of time he's been out and the two serious injuries he's had to recover from.

• Like 3

My concern is that after the Derby game on Tuesday, which I think we will win, I am not confident of winning any our last 3 home games. Blackpool are on the up, Stoke will be tough to beat and Bournemouth may be already promoted with no pressure on them.

Edited by Stonesrick

20 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

The next two games are winnable. 

Really, Dave?  Time to admit that this manager really doesn't know what he's doing.

The team is a shambles. I cannot see us winning another game in the near future.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, DE. said:

Dack coming back is a welcome boost but we can't expect great things from him considering the amount of time he's been out and the two serious injuries he's had to recover from.

It's the same with Brereton, he's two weeks off coming back. I'm sure both will score goals in the future but we're quickly running out of games and expecting two players to come back from injury and start firing goals in again.

You'd have thought Mowbray will have recalled one of the strikers he sent out on loan but I imagine he's still thinking we don't need strikers, it's not the way we play.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

It’s very disappointing to see us failing to score again and conceding a late goal but we are still in with a great chance of the play-offs. The next two games are winnable. 

The last two games were winnable. Now our talisman who we have been eagerly waiting the return of has fluffed his lines and cost us the game, which will be very demoralising.

Make no bones, this is a major body blow. Nothing short of a response like the one after the Fulham thrashing is going to turn this season back around now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

I take it you are referring to the desperate substitution that totally unbalanced us? We all know Gallagher will be a wider than ever forward again on Tuesday.

Well my opinion as I posted earlier was a positive move by Mowbray that led us to having more attacking intent on the pitch and good to see him changing formation and moving Gallagher into the 10 role. 

Unbalanced? 

He’s going because he has been summoned by the stupid, arrogant twats. They expect slavish obedience, and if they demand it before the 30th of June, of course he will go. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that they will offer him another deal, but if we fail to make the playoffs it’s yet another unforgivably bad decision by them. I reckon he’s got retirement plans anyway.

well if he going out there then Mowbray is staying for next season an beyond unless he walk away from the job. 

Well according to you, they won’t get a better offer from another club anyway. Perhaps Waggott should get you to have a word with the players and tell them how lucky they are, maybe give their agents a dose of Chaddy reality too.

They might get better financial offer but are they going to be regular at the club. Just look at Rhodes since he left Rovers or Gestede or Marshall. have they made a major impact in their career since leaving Rovers? not really

6. I’m not going to bring anyone in. HSH are. If it had been down to me none of the managers Venky’s have appointed would get near the door. Obviously Mowbray has been their best appointment, but that’s like being the nicest guy in prison. He’s bang average. You don’t think that any of our players can do better than our club, but you don’t think our club can do better than Mowbray?

The question I asked was a simple one, Who would you bring in to replace Mowbray since you are in favour of a managerial change? 

Not interested who Venkys used to bring the manager in the question I asked of yourself. 

Also you are wrong on your point I don't think any of our players can do better than our club so please don't put words in my mouth. Maybe we can do better than Mowbray but he is the only manager who has in top 6 at this stage of the season since our relegation from PL. 

2 minutes ago, booth said:

It's the same with Brereton, he's two weeks off coming back. I'm sure both will score goals in the future but we're quickly running out of games and expecting two players to come back from injury and start firing goals in again.

You'd have thought Mowbray will have recalled one of the strikers he sent out on loan but I imagine he's still thinking we don't need strikers, it's not the way we play.

We can't recall anyone outside of a transfer window. The ones we sent out aren't ready yet either (if ever in the case of McBride). Be better using Vale even if recalls were an option. Agree with the first paragraph though.