BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 12/3/22

32 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I'm just following the logic.Stoke got him on loan and are under absolutely no obligation to buy.

He failed a medical in January.

Just to put this one to bed and the reason why we never signed Maja in January 2022, they wanted a perm deal.

You should be careful accusing people of making things up islander.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19838276.bordeaux-stance-josh-maja-blackburn-rovers-make-ryan-hedges-move/

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/blackburn-rovers-provided-transfer-update-on-23-year-old-striker/

The Lancashire Telegraph has been told that Bordeaux are looking to raise funds in the January window with Maja one of the players able to leave.

However, it is understood they would want a fee of at least £3m for the Nigeria international who has 18 months left to run on his deal.

The striker has been a rumoured target for the club for quite some time now and the latest report from the Lancashire Telegraph claims that a deal could be done if Rovers want him this month but it would have to be a long-term rather than a short-term agreement.

Edited by Gav

3 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Bullshit we bid for solanke. 

Edit: not having a do at you btw pal, just not having it at all.

Imagine if we had someone like John Williams as our CEO. He’d have made sure we strengthened in January. He’d have squeezed a few penny’s out of Venky’s to strengthen. Instead Maggot is too busy planning housing on our training ground. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if the **** signs a new deal,i think i`ll be going fishing on a saturday

I don't think I'll be watching the next match. Otherwise I may spontaneously combust.

TM is the most infuriating manager I've ever known, and his team mirrors his personality.

• Like 3

Just now, Dan said:

Imagine if we had someone like John Williams as our CEO. He’d have made sure we strengthened in January. He’d have squeezed a few penny’s out of Venky’s to strengthen. Instead Maggot is too busy planning housing on our training ground. 

He'd have said why are you signing dollopers from Aberdeen. Why spend a wedge on a kid from Tottenham (along with £500,000 in add ons) when we need a goalscorer and don't have much money. Are you actually planning for Breretons international duty? And why? Why the fuck are you giving that donkey a new contract?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if the **** signs a new deal,i think i`ll be going fishing on a saturday

Don’t take your radio or you’ll be throwing yourself in the lake. 

1 minute ago, booth said:

I don't think I'll be watching the next match. Otherwise I may spontaneously combust.

TM is the most infuriating manager I've ever known, and his team mirrors his personality.

Slow, ponderous, all talk and no results, one dimensional; trying the same shit that isn’t working and believing they are better than they are. 

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Just to put this one to bed and the reason why we never signed Maja in January 2022, they wanted a perm deal.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19838276.bordeaux-stance-josh-maja-blackburn-rovers-make-ryan-hedges-move/

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/blackburn-rovers-provided-transfer-update-on-23-year-old-striker/

The Lancashire Telegraph has been told that Bordeaux are looking to raise funds in the January window with Maja one of the players able to leave.

However, it is understood they would want a fee of at least £3m for the Nigeria international who has 18 months left to run on his deal.

The striker has been a rumoured target for the club for quite some time now and the latest report from the Lancashire Telegraph claims that a deal could be done if Rovers want him this month but it would have to be a long-term rather than a short-term agreement.

The telegraph have been wrong plenty of times.

Answer this why would Stoke get a straight up loan deal but we would have to buy him in the summer.

The telegraph and Sharpe understanding is proof of nothing.

Shall I post the quotes from Mowbray where he said he didn't want a striker?????

And apologies you are right I shouldn't be calling you a liar as you obviously believe what you are saying which is fair enough but mate it was Sharpe's understand that Dilan Markanday was coming in on a loan deal 2 days later it was permanent deal.

Edited by islander200
  • Like 3

• Backroom

Soon as Dack did that accidental stutter start, i was not expecting a goal.

He should have reset. The keeper had pissed him about enough. Could have made him wait by addressing the ball again. 

Hindsight i suppose. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Silas said:

He should have reset. The keeper had pissed him about enough. Could have made him wait by addressing the ball again. 

Hindsight i suppose. 

I’m wondering, since we don’t practice corners, do we practice penalties? In fact what the fuck does that bell end have them doing in training other than eating lemon drizzle cake. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

Then he went to Stoke on a short term agreement.

Reading those reports, it's just paper talk based on TM wanting him in Summer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gav said:

They wanted a perm deal but ended up loaning him out so this article is obviously bollocks anyway Gav. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Bullshit we bid for solanke. 

Edit: not having a do at you btw pal, just not having it at all.

I agree I thought it was nonsense too. 

Point still stands that Mowbray has said he didn’t want to sign a striker and has no regrets on January. Therefore, can’t blame the owners for this current shambles. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Silas said:

Hindsight i suppose. 

Should’ve left it for their centre half. 

B69D3AC7-76E0-44B6-8A81-0C4429064EB2.png

“I’m going to play Gallagher in certain games because he’s got the physicality, the speed, the power, and I’m trying to give him the game-time because you can’t score a goal if you’re sitting on the bench.

I think he has to try and get into the areas between the sticks to score goals.”

Well today both him and Khadra were as wide as ever. Gallagher spent most of our attacks deeper than Pickering and JRC.

I don’t know who is to blame, but it doesn’t work. He HAS to change things on Tuesday, but the stubbornness will win out.

• Like 3

Time to parrot again but as said this morning about the rotating of the forwards nothing highlighted it more that it doesn't work than that first half. Disjointed rubbish all playing as individuals again and absolutely nothing in the middle and ..yet again..Buckley showing that although it worked for a brief spell he has no idea how to play that false 9.

Of course the complete lack of striking options was there for all to see, the world didn't begin and end with Maja, no plan b there though.

Upped the tempo second half and looked more like they wanted it, helped by brizzle fancying it on the counter. That opened things up for Khadra who was his usual good/bad/theatrical. The team then looked so much better and balanced when he went to a version of 442. Suddenly Gallagher is causing problems and we are pulling Bristol down both sides, on comes Dack.

A man, even a half fit one actually in the box and the chances start flowing it seemed only a matter of time before one flew in. It did, in the wrong end as threatened all afternoon. Ball kindly falling to a guy who can finish (remember those).

Don't want to hear any waffle about bad luck you make your own in games like that.

We blew it and collectively they are going to blow this season.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Silas said:

Soon as Dack did that accidental stutter start, I was not expecting a goal.

Hindsight i suppose. 

Dack was too excited. Think it's the first time I ever saw someone start a run up before the whistle and then have to go back. No composure.

Van Haek would have broken the net.

Edited by OldEwoodBlue
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dan said:

I’m wondering, since we don’t practice corners, do we practice penalties? In fact what the fuck does that bell end have them doing in training other than eating lemon drizzle cake. 

Rothwell should never take a corner again they are abysmal.

Sunday league lads with stinking hangovers hit better ones.

• Like 3

I'm totally gutted about today's result. Did more than enough to win the game and we should have won the game. We have Lenihan, JRC and Khadra chances first half, then Khadra effort hitting the bar, Dack's penalty and Dack other effort. Then they smash and grab the win.  Still can't believe we didn't win the game today after the chances we had. Pleased when Mowbray went for formation change to 4-2-3-1 formation with Dolan and Khadra wide and Gallagher as the central striker with Buckley as number 10. Its was positive change by Mowbray which was  needed in we was going to get the 3 points. Then Dack came on sooner than I thought he would. The entire Rovers fans faithful applauding and cheering him like I haven't seen that reaction ever to a player coming on. It was a lift the fans need. Dack wanted to take the penalty and Lenihan gave him the ball but its was so gutted his penalty was saved but not the best penalty. It felt like another one of those days we wasn't going to score again. But Dack had another chance but went wide. I think fully fit Dack scores that one. But then came their injury time winner which left fans very downbeat and gutted. 

Now on to the worst referee I've ever seen in my time watching Rovers, he was utter and totally clueless. No idea on decisions, booked Khadra when he was foul clearly. Then I was in disbelief when he awarded us a penalty. I was in shocked.

So Derby up next and its a must win. We are STILL in 4th currently but we got to start winning games now. We need Diaz back after the international break to help secure the playoff place we deserved in my opinion. We got to keep believing in this playing squad in each and every game we got until the end of the season. 

I am abit downbeat myself tonight after today's lost after thinking we would never lose today. But I will always keep believing in my club and will be there on Tuesday night supporting the players and the club I support all  my life. Rovers till I die! Come On You Blues 🔵

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm totally gutted about today's result. Did more than enough to win the game and we should have won the game. We have Lenihan, JRC and Khadra chances first half, then Khadra effort hitting the bar, Dack's penalty and Dack other effort. Then they smash and grab the win.  Still can't believe we didn't win the game today after the chances we had. Pleased when Mowbray went for formation change to 4-2-3-1 formation with Dolan and Khadra wide and Gallagher as the central striker with Buckley as number 10. Its was positive change by Mowbray which was  needed in we was going to get the 3 points. Then Dack came on sooner than I thought he would. The entire Rovers fans faithful applauding and cheering him like I haven't seen that reaction ever to a player coming on. It was a lift the fans need. Dack wanted to take the penalty and Lenihan gave him the ball but its was so gutted his penalty was saved but not the best penalty. It felt like another one of those days we wasn't going to score again. But Dack had another chance but went wide. I think fully fit Dack scores that one. But then came their injury time winner which left fans very downbeat and gutted. 

Now on to the worst referee I've ever seen in my time watching Rovers, he was utter and totally clueless. No idea on decisions, booked Khadra when he was foul clearly. Then I was in disbelief when he awarded us a penalty. I was in shocked.

So Derby up next and its a must win. We are STILL in 4th currently but we got to start winning games now. We need Diaz back after the international break to help secure the playoff place we deserved in my opinion. We got to keep believing in this playing squad in each and every game we got until the end of the season. 

I am abit downbeat myself tonight after today's lost after thinking we would never lose today. But I will always keep believing in my club and will be there on Tuesday night supporting the players and the club I support all  my life. Rovers till I die! Come On You Blues 🔵

I’d argue that we deserve it in all honesty, we have stunk the championship out since December , if there is a stick on for a 0-0 just now it’s us 

• Like 2