BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 12/3/22

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

This isn’t our first rodeo pal, you could see this coming a mile off, we saw it season after season in 70’s and 80’s when injuries hit.

The owners had a chance to throw the kitchen sink at it in January and couldn’t care less.

His decision not to being in a striker during January, Gav. All on him.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 5

It’s going to be hard to find any enjoyment the rest of the season. I can’t even say we need a win, we need a GOAL. 

I said on a previous thread we needed two wins out of these three at Ewood to keep up with promotion chasers around us. It didn’t happen. There’s no use hoping for a playoff run now, there’s nothing but disappointment all around us. 

No one feels worse than Dack right now. You know how badly he wanted his return to be a triumphant one. 

8 minutes ago, Tom said:

He was he warmed up more than the other subs 

I saw him coming out of the tunnel but thought for some reason he didn't make the bench as he wasn't listed on the BBC's app.

Not that I could care less.

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Venkys have been shit, but absolutely. He could have signed a striker.

He didn't sign one player in January that has made an impact. If he'd not signed any of them and spent it on a striker we'd be better off.

• Like 2

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Take a bow Merc. Could I ask you politely to keep your tips to yourself in future.

Tbf both bets were a whisker away from landing. 

It's probably one of his best predictions to date. 

On 11/03/2022 at 08:08, yankfan said:

From TMs comments Dack will be on the bench and available for 20 min max. So I assume we start:

Kamenski 

Lenihan   Van Heck   Warton

JRC               Travis                  Pickering

Rothwell

Dolan                                        Khadra     
                      Buckley 

subs to be Giles for Pickering, Gallagher for Dolan and Dack for Buckley.  All to come on around 70 min (TM doesn’t make tactical changes before then) to try and rescue the match and get us a goal.  Final 1-1.

I fear, though Dolan will be left out so Gallagher can waste opportunities, give away possession and display complete incompetence.  In which case I suspect we lose 0-1

As expected 

I’ll tell you what. Here we are sitting in 4th place having our best season for years, but the warning signs are very much there for me.

The danger signs for next season are already staring us in the face. The club should take notice.

• Like 4

I posted on the Mowbray summer and beyond thread that we will not be in the play offs and will not be getting promoted. Today just cemented that belief and hard as it was to watch, this is nothing like a successful team.

Mowbray simply does not know how to turn a losing streak around as we have seen now for the last 4 seasons. He should not have survived last seasons run and now with 1 goal in 9 games his time has to be up.

I assume he was happy with Dack taking the penalty and that shows how weak he is, as he should have made absolutely sure that a player, out for so long and coming on as as sub, was not the man for that.

Travis would have been my shout, as he is at least a player with bottle, but those decisions just put the top hat on a bitterly disappointing run.

No professional team should ever have a barren goal scoring run, as bad as this and I can see this carrying on, even longer, as there is simply no one accountable and that's the long and short of it.

Mowbray needs to go now, before he heaps even more embarrassment on himself.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

He was priced out of his number 1 target Maja, the owners could have made that deal happen, where was the Armstrong money?

But without doubt, he could have loaned a striker, the Spurs lad was supposed to fill that role, even though he’s not an out and out striker. 

4 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Well according to the Mowbray lovers, we don't need another striker, because Sam is all we need. The guy cannot seriously be called a striker, because what about him says striker?

On here they thought someone was going to step up. Khadra, Dolan, Rothwell were all names mentioned, all midfielders who don't score much (I got particular stick for saying that). It was a glimpse into the mindset of some fans. I thought it was just Mowbray that was bonkers.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Unfortunately the lad is gutless. He should have been chomping at the bit in every game to step up in the absence of BBD and he has contributed the square root of sod all.

We all know Gallagher is limited but he has been severely hampered by being played out of position. He would score goals played as a striker and supported by wingers.