BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Derby County (h) - 15/3/22

11 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Personally, I hope not. No doubt this system has been partly responsible for our shocking run in front of goal, but typically we've been creating more chances than we've been giving away. The issue is that the personnel haven't been able to take the chances that we should have, but Brereton coming back could make all the difference and take some of the pressure of Khadra, who isn't up to being the main man for me. 

Very nice to know we have a genuine plan B if we go behind though. 

Agreed. We ripped everything this league threw at us to shreds with the three at the back/counter attack/"false 9" tactic just a month or so back, arguably better than we ever have since being relegated from the top flight. That wasn't happenstance. Having a different way of playing in our back pocket can only be positive, but in the long run I think we're better off going our own way rather than battling it out with a back to basics approach, especially in a league where that's the tactics for the majority of the opposition. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, speedies gonna get ya. said:

Mowbray looks like he's been booted in the knackers in the post match interview. So uninspiring and dour. You'd never know we had won buy his demeanour. Does suggest something went off at half time. He's probably gutted that his over complicated false 9 wide striker madness was questioned by senior players. Back 3 or flat back 4 not the issue. Playing with central forwards and players in natural positions is. He's so stubborn and infuriating.

I think he might well have 'lost the dressing room' and he wont like that one little bit.  If he has, he's finished. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Gav said:

Traffics cleared, 60 mile trip home.

Let the haters hate, brilliant 2nd half performance, Mowbray did his job and changed the game.

10,000 Rovers singing Ooo ahh Gallagher, just brilliant.

Onwards and upwards.

Safe journey Gav mate

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

thats how a 6"4 centre forward should play,he was like billy whitehurst in the 2nd half🙂

You want fire and aggression from your number 9.  Psychologically, it puts the fear of God into defenders.  You don't need to be the greatest of players as the likes of Andy Lochhead and Joe Jordan etc showed.

Delighted with the win tonight after an awful disappointment first half performance. Mowbray got to his team selection wrong. Johnson as false 9 is an awful decision by him. We didn't play on front foot or press from the front. No desire or movement in the first half.

Half time Mowbray makes 2 positive subs and go to 4-2-3-1 with Gallagher up front. Those changes got the fans back onside after being booed at half time. We press from the front and played like we can and should be. The first goal was good header from Wharton and good delivery by Rothwell. Second goal was a short corner with Dack chipping it into the 6 yards box for Dolan to head home. Third goal was good cross by Giles and Gallagher headed in the net.

Play Gallagher as a striker and he will score goals. Dack made a difference and he's isn't yet old Dack But he will get there. Did more running and he clever ball in the box for Dolan shown that. It's was a very good performance second half. Derby deserved their first half lead and they outclass out. But second half we got back to how we can play.

Going forward to the Reading game I would stick to the 4-2-3-1 formation with Gallagher up front. Giles on left and maybe start Dack and take off after 60 mins so if possible. If not then Buckley. But we have to press from the front and play a similar way when we got promote from League 1. More direct if we can but use our wing players. Gallagher can score goals.

Anyway delighted with 3 points and back to winning ways. COYB! 🔵

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Credit to Tony Mowbray for what was clearly an inspirational half time team talk which coupled with the astute substitutions turned it around.

42 minutes ago, Gav said:

Mowbray and Gally turned that game tonight, maybe you never saw it?

I can't decide if you're serious or of this is satire, but Mowbray deserves 0% credit for that second half.

Literally, zero.

He should resign tonight, and I am 100% serious.

That first half was diabolical in every sense. 3 goals in 14 games and thats what he comes up with. Absolutely spat in the face of every Rovers fan tonight.

Half time: Rovers players were - at least - 2 minutes late coming out, and I'm fairly convinced that the players took 100% ownership at half time and told Mowbray where to get fucked. That was not a Mowbray teamtalk and tactical change. No way.

4-2-3-1, players playing on fire. Gallagher as a 9, Dack as a 10, Giles as an 11, need I go on???

Mowbray finally came to the touchline just by coincidence when Wharton scored... and then he did not return to our touchline. He had no control over that second half. The players were done with him.

He has been found out, called out, and now needs to be, out.

Credit to the players, they showed us something we LITERALLY haven't seen in a long time.

Mowbray Out. NOW.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, speedies gonna get ya. said:

Mowbray looks like he's been booted in the knackers in the post match interview. So uninspiring and dour. You'd never know we had won buy his demeanour. Does suggest something went off at half time. He's probably gutted that his over complicated false 9 wide striker madness was questioned by senior players. Back 3 or flat back 4 not the issue. Playing with central forwards and players in natural positions is. He's so stubborn and infuriating.

Most likely one of the senior players had a go about his daft tactics, maybe Johnson didn't like to be made to

look incredibly poor, playing in a position totally unsuitable for his skills and age ?.

• Like 3

Can’t believe anyone is willing to credit Mowbray with salvaging that game to be honest. Only by completely binning off all his match preparation, favoured shape, and bonkers ideas did we do anything.

The first half was utterly disgraceful. As bad a 45 minutes as you will see. Not one player could’ve complained at being subbed off at half time. Few players deserve a mention for varying reasons…

JRC - very bad. Praying Nyambe is back on Saturday 

Lenihan - uncharacteristically poor first half, but a leaders performance in the second. Playing him at full back is definitely not a long term option.

Pickering - Woeful. Fortunate in the extreme to last the 90. Has to be dropped for Giles.

Johnson - Mowbray’s latest and stupidest in a long line of idiotic decisions. Knackered after 8 minutes, not his fault.

Gallagher - well played lad. Grafted, looked like a good centre forward rather than a massive donkey stood near the corner flag doing nothing. 

Dolan - excellent performance, eventually. Could have had a hat trick on another day. Always positive and looking to make things happen.

Khadra - greedy and ineffective. A poor man’s Harvey Elliott. Looked like a spare part and completely out of place when the other forwards were doing the business in the second half.

Dack - way off match fitness, but the one player who could play that ball for the second. Lifted those around him.

The players came out like men possessed second half, all credit too them. But there has to be serious lessons learned from that first 45. I hope Gallagher’s header gave Mowbray some sort of epiphany.

Keep the back 5, ditch the false 9, play the strikers centrally… we might still do it!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Mellor Rover said:

Mowbray suggesting he and a couple of others (Travis and Lenihan) had some harsh words at half time.

Good. If you end up winning after a row then it all gets forgotten about anyway. If it played a part in picking up three points then that's all that matters.

We've had that many teams full of choirboys since we were first relegated, it makes a change to know we've got a few players capable of knocking a few heads together. I bet something like this happened every other week under Sparky. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

I can't decide if you're serious or of this is satire, but Mowbray deserves 0% credit for that second half.

Literally, zero.

He should resign tonight, and I am 100% serious.

That first half was diabolical in every sense. 3 goals in 14 games and thats what he comes up with. Absolutely spat in the face of every Rovers fan tonight.

Half time: Rovers players were - at least - 2 minutes late coming out, and I'm fairly convinced that the players took 100% ownership at half time and told Mowbray where to get fucked. That was not a Mowbray teamtalk and tactical change. No way.

4-2-3-1, players playing on fire. Gallagher as a 9, Dack as a 10, Giles as an 11, need I go on???

Mowbray finally came to the touchline just by coincidence when Wharton scored... and then he did not return to our touchline. He had no control over that second half. The players were done with him.

He has been found out, called out, and now needs to be, out.

Credit to the players, they showed us something we LITERALLY haven't seen in a long time.

Mowbray Out. NOW.

We are fourth in the league.

14 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Mowbray suggesting he and a couple of others (Travis and Lenihan) had some harsh words at half time.

For a big part of the interview, I think Mowbray seems to be giving the 'v sign' (a Peter 'Kayism') - watch his two fingers on his forehead, never seen such a mannerism from him before.

IMO, 'trouble-at-t- mill'.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He hasnt the dressing room at all. The players are playing for him as tonight result shows

No, IMO, the players were playing for themselves and the fans.

Think Mowbray's second half demeanour and post match interview said it all.

• Like 6

Just now, Miller11 said:

Can’t believe anyone is willing to credit Mowbray with salvaging that game to be honest. Only by completely binning off all his match preparation, favoured shape, and bonkers ideas did we do anything.

The first half was utterly disgraceful. As bad a 45 minutes as you will see. Not one player could’ve complained at being subbed off at half time. Few players deserve a mention for varying reasons…

JRC - very bad. Praying Nyambe is back on Saturday 

Lenihan - uncharacteristically poor first half, but a leaders performance in the second. Playing him at full back is definitely not a long term option.

Pickering - Woeful. Fortunate in the extreme to last the 90. Has to be dropped for Giles.

Johnson - Mowbray’s latest and stupidest in a long line of idiotic decisions. Knackered after 8 minutes, not his fault.

Gallagher - well played lad. Grafted, looked like a good centre forward rather than a massive donkey stood near the corner flag doing nothing. 

Dolan - excellent performance, eventually. Could have had a hat trick on another day. Always positive and looking to make things happen.

Khadra - greedy and ineffective. A poor man’s Harvey Elliott. Looked like a spare part and completely out of place when the other forwards were doing the business in the second half.

Dack - way off match fitness, but the one player who could play that ball for the second. Lifted those around him.

The players came out like men possessed second half, all credit too them. But there has to be serious lessons learned from that first 45. I hope Gallagher’s header gave Mowbray some sort of epiphany.

Keep the back 5, ditch the false 9, play the strikers centrally… we might still do it!

I don't think it'll go down as a managerial masterclass, but changing tack during the game and making match winning substitutions is exactly where managers earn their corn. Obviously the first half was a disaster & that's on Mowbray, but his changes were instrumental in us getting the three points. 

God knows he's got his flaws, but there's nothing to be gained by giving him pelters when things go wrong but not giving him any credit when things go our way. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He hasnt the dressing room at all. The players are playing for him as tonight result shows

i think the players are playing for each other and the possibility of promotion and a big wage rise,they are doing in spite of a manager who`s a f*****g idiot,mowbray did`nt change the team and make the subs,he`s never ever made two changes at half time

• Like 3