BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

As if WBA are going to sack Steve Bruce after no transfer window and appoint Mowbray.

If they did we should do a swap.

well we will see, But WBA and Bruce both have escape clause in the contract that can been activated this summer. https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1123944740?-11200:789

Bruce hasn't been anywhere near successful there. 

And no I would not want him here as Mowbray's successor. Another one is old school and football has move on from his tactics. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

17 hours ago, Upside Down said:

A short poem...

Fuck off Tony Mowbray, Tony Mowbray fuck off

It's clear from all around you, it's time to say enough

You have no pride you have no passion, no skill to take us up

Fuck off Tony Mowbray, Tony Mowbray fuck off.

Wow so articulate 🤬

I think we can all safely say Rothwell is NOT going to Bournemouth as a Premier League player, his performances have been nothing short of shite and Bournemouth will have seen this and they will also require far better players. It’s very much the same with Nyambe, at times he is a good defender however yesterday he was shite at defending, shite at passing and utter shite at getting forward!

Now we are reading Mowbray is off to WBA and taking our 3 contract rebels with him! Maybe a good chance of Lenihan going to a club like WBA however they won’t be signing Mowbray whilst Bruce is there. Nyambe might go there but he won’t get the massive money he craves and indeed there are much better players at the club at right back.

Dack to wba with Mowbray? Someone’s had a little too much to drink!😂😂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I think we can all safely say Rothwell is NOT going to Bournemouth as a Premier League player, his performances have been nothing short of shite and Bournemouth will have seen this and they will also require far better players. It’s very much the same with Nyambe, at times he is a good defender however yesterday he was shite at defending, shite at passing and utter shite at getting forward!

Now we are reading Mowbray is off to WBA and taking our 3 contract rebels with him! Maybe a good chance of Lenihan going to a club like WBA however they won’t be signing Mowbray whilst Bruce is there. Nyambe might go there but he won’t get the massive money he craves and indeed there are much better players at the club at right back.

Dack to wba with Mowbray? Someone’s had a little too much to drink!😂😂

Only posting on a message board what I heard.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

well we will see, But WBA and Bruce both have escape clause in the contract that can been activated this summer. https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1123944740?-11200:789

Bruce hasn't been anywhere near successful there. 

And no I would not want him here as Mowbray's successor. Another one is old school and football has move on from his tactics. 

He's been in charge for 12 games. Bit early to be brandishing him a failure. 

They were a sinking side when he arrived and there are signs of them starting to turn a corner.

I find it utterly bizarre that you would support the appointment of people who have never managed before - Wilcox, Johnson or of extremely limited experience - Mason, Edwards - yet you would turn your nose up at the most successful manager there has been at this level in the last 20 years with 4 promotions and a play-off final.

I think you are more interested in image and perception than in cold hard results. I think you are more interested in unearthing a hidden gem or doing the weird and wonderful and then being able to celebrate if it works out well than you are just going for tried, tested, proven.

• Like 2

All I can say is that, if there’s any substance to the WBA rumours, I hope the ink is dry on his contract.

Otherwise, it is not going to happen given our form since February.

I wouldn’t particularly want Steve Bruce, but I would definitely prefer him to Mowbray.

As @JHRoversays, Bruce’s track record in the Championship is excellent. 

• Like 2

On 08/04/2022 at 14:40, toogs said:

People seem to forget this. He should have kept us up despite the mess Coyle left us in. 

Exactly! He had plenty of time we was hardly 20 points adrift when he took over. 

We beat forest on good Friday then played Barnsley at home the bank holiday Monday and lost badly, we barely went forward we was there for the taking yet the forest win got us out the drop zone then went to wolves and played a heartless draw before the last two games we won wasn’t enough plus villa pretty much let us win as they had newt to play for and wanted Birmingham to go down, so mowbrays negative crap has always been a thing yet I took abuse on social media from the start cause I called him out and everyone thought he was a hero 

• Like 2

On 09/04/2022 at 20:56, Athlete said:

Reasonable..lol..he gave the title to Wigan FFS

TBH his tactics actually relegated us in the 1st instant ok blame Coyle and the unprecedented points required..but anyone not looking from rose tinted glasses remember Wolves away the 2nd to last fixture when we didnt have a shot at goal when one goal would have kept us up..the guys a fraud remember his Celtic record or his devon loch collapse from 2nd twice at boro

Agree Ince and  kidd excepted he is pound for pound the worst Rovers manager I remember including coyle and dare I say it king rat himself

Well said, wolves was 3rd from last and my wolves friend said all the fans around him had to check we wasn’t already safe cause we played like we was on the beach and they literally had nothing to play for and we’re awful so mowbrays negative ways have always been here, he’s an absolute fraud 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TheRovers1994 said:

Exactly! He had plenty of time we was hardly 20 points adrift when he took over. 

We beat forest on good Friday then played Barnsley at home the bank holiday Monday and lost badly, we barely went forward we was there for the taking yet the forest win got us out the drop zone then went to wolves and played a heartless draw before the last two games we won wasn’t enough plus villa pretty much let us win as they had newt to play for and wanted Birmingham to go down, so mowbrays negative crap has always been a thing yet I took abuse on social media from the start cause I called him out and everyone thought he was a hero 

Villa gave us the win and so did Brentford.

Those 6 points distorted the overall points return under Mowbray that season and made him look good to those who don't look deeper.

Its not fair to not give credit to Mowbray when we win games. If we get in the play offs which I doubt, our last 4 games involve at least 3 teams (assuming Bournemouth arent up early) who have nothing to play for. Would they also be dismissed? You still have to win those games.

That season we went down, I think its obvious that Coyle gets much of the blame but Mowbray had a difficult task that he ultimately didnt succeed in. You can criticise that without having to void points won.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its not fair to not give credit to Mowbray when we win games. If we get in the play offs which I doubt, our last 4 games involve at least 3 teams (assuming Bournemouth arent up early) who have nothing to play for. Would they also be dismissed? You still have to win those games.

That season we went down, I think its obvious that Coyle gets much of the blame but Mowbray had a difficult task that he ultimately didnt succeed in. You can criticise that without having to void points won.

He bottled it just like he bottled it this season.

If anyone on here thinks or believes he has signed a deal to go to another club without it ever hitting the headlines on some media platform then therein lies your answer. He hasn't, it hasn't, and indeed, if WBA want to progress then they will not want a dinosaur like Mowbray after his annual collapse and failure to take the team up when in such a good position.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

If anyone on here thinks or believes he has signed a deal to go to another club without it ever hitting the headlines on some media platform then therein lies your answer. He hasn't, it hasn't, and indeed, if WBA want to progress then they will not want a dinosaur like Mowbray after his annual collapse and failure to take the team up when in such a good position.

Reckon Mowbray stays beyond his contract here?

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He's a dinosaur...look at the managers in this league....2 examples.

Cooper - Young upcoming, has coached through the England age groups, that's why Keenan Davies is at Forest....

Lowe - young upcoming manager with current contacts, Gerrard who gave him Archer....

Our dinosaur gets crap from his brother in Scotland or shit goalies that are sons of his mates.....old school and bang average ...

Mogadon Out 

• Like 8

Go back a few months to when we were 2nd and Nixon and the usual crew were starting the drive to get him a new contract via the usual newspaper drivel.

All over social media fans (well some of them actually are, not sure about a lot tho) are screaming give him 3-5 years etc etc.

Then the annual death spiral and it all goes quiet and they all literally disappear, so what is the next move ?   Yep get something out of forums that he has something lined up and he might even be taking our best players with him.

Long standing posters should know by now that where this started on here should be taken with a pinch of salt.  Iv'e always though there are suspect motives at play there.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He's a dinosaur...look at the managers in this league....2 examples.

Cooper - Young upcoming, has coached through the England age groups, that's why Keenan Davies is at Forest....

Lowe - young upcoming manager with current contacts, Gerrard who gave him Archer....

Our dinosaur gets crap from his brother in Scotland or shit goalies that are sons of his mates.....old school and bang average ...

Mogadon Out 

Whilst there's plenty of room for justified debate around Mowbray's ability as a manager, criticism of his loan signings is a bit of an odd approach...  we've fairly consistently signed players from the top clubs around England.  There is a question whether Mowbray has utilised them to their best effect of course...

Elliott
Harwood Belllis
Khadra
JPVH
Tosin
Harrison Reed
Branthwaite
Giles

Whilst some of those haven't worked out as well as hoped, many have been arguably our player of the season or at least a high performer for large periods of seasons.   In my opinion his permanent signings require far more scrutiny.

• Like 3

I think the lack of wins has got to people's heads. Buckley worth 10 million? Dack, Lenihan, Nyambe and Rothwell all going to West Brom to reunite with their saviour Tony Mowbray? Come on fellas...

I can believe the Mowbray to West Brom stuff, and I pray that it's true to be honest, none of the other shite.