BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nicko is saying they want to interview around 6 people and chose from that with the next 2 to 3 weeks.

Isn't this Venkys all over. They've known for a  while now that they were ditching Mowbray,  they should already have done all the research and tapping up and a new guy plus his team should be in the wings chaffing at the bit and  waiting to go.

6 people!

Interviews!!

WTF!!!

Whoever gets the gig will be fighting with his hands tied behind his back because the summer will have passed where he could be assessing needs, recruiting etc.. There'll be excuses of having no pre-season for new hires. Players left on the books plus academy canon fodder will need a whole new set of shapes to drill as half the bleeding playing staff will be gone and their established patterns of play gone with them.

Totally lame dude, just totally lame.

Venkys, if you ever have any hope of owning a successful club you really need to get your arses into gear.

Interviewing 6 people, really, wtf.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Well obviously I’ve not seen any of them in action behind the scenes. You see what I see . Did you get the impression that Rovers this season were physically fitter, stronger, better prepared both mentally and tactically than most of the opposition ? I don’t think I did.

I’m not sure about fitter…for a period of time I saw a team who understood their jobs. Who knew the pattern of play…

• Like 3

Jason Wilcox

Might have legs. You can see it from the numpties viewpoint:- (no disrespect to Jason himself)

Edit: sorry, that read badly. I mean the numpties at Ewood behind the scenes not Jason. Always liked him.

·       Never managed at senior level.

·       Cheap

·       Ex player so the incompetent management at Rovers will think that his appointment wouldn’t get criticised because he was one of our own.

·       Young and perhaps pliable.

·       Academy director at City so could have picked up ideas and also might get a few young loanees our way.

·       Further strengthens the idea that we are a development set up with no real aim of promotion. Suits the gravy train for various parties.

Looking at it positively, (something one is very loathe to do with this pile of incumbents), it might be a progressive move if he came as head of youth set up not as manager. But would he want to do that with this dysfunctional nonsense around and leave a place where presumably he gets to coach some of the best youngsters in the world?

Glen

Interesting about Farke and the fact that it didn’t come out of Ewood. That suggests that the grubby agents and other internal interests might be bypassed. Could it really happen –a sensible choice for manager and a skewering of the vampire squid?

Edited by aletheia
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Exactly 😂 and until a new manager has signed they wouldn't even know which members of the current staff he'd want to keep or not. 

Sadly it's more like rats leaving a sinking ship at the minute, not that any of them are irreplaceable, most just seem like jobsworths and dollopers anyway. 

They're getting promotions.  A good sign IMHO

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ex-Derby boss Phillip Cocu is leading contender to be Blackburn Rovers manager

Blackburn Rovers: Ex-Derby boss Cocu is leading candidate for vacancy (footballinsider247.com)

Noooooooooo ! If He comes I really will start believing the wrecking of Rovers is a deliberate act. He was a disaster at Derby.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Really should have someone lined up already but knowing Venky's it will be late August with no signings before then.

They'll wait till all the good and half decent appointments are snapped up. Guaranteed.

Just now, goozburger said:

I think Derby were on a slide ever since their defeat to Villa in the play-offs. I can overlook Cocu's time at Derby. Granted, his time at Fenerbahçe didn't look great, but what he did at PSV was good. Give me Cocu over Grayson any day of the week.

I’m not sure the likes of Cocu play the sort of football that gets you out of this division. If you have a top side you can football your way out but with the players we are likely to have you need to graft your way out.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ex-Derby boss Phillip Cocu is leading contender to be Blackburn Rovers manager

Blackburn Rovers: Ex-Derby boss Cocu is leading candidate for vacancy (footballinsider247.com)

His record in the last ten matches at Derby are similar to TM's at Coventry. Sounds like the ideal candidate then.

You'd hope that they aren't giving TM a contract because they want better but if they get this fellow in, it's another very odd and self destructive decision.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, booth said:

His record in the last ten matches at Derby are similar to TM's at Coventry. Sounds like the ideal candidate then.

You'd hope that they aren't giving TM a contract because they want better but if they get this fellow in, it's another very odd and self destructive decision.

As I said the other day, look at that long list of potential candidates. Then try to think of somebody who’s not on the list and who you wouldn’t dream of appointing . That’s the man ….or woman.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, goozburger said:

Not sure about that. Shebby was the only one that I can recall who was interested in bringing a former Rovers hero back to manage the club. What other examples are there aside from him?

There aren't other examples, you're right. What I should have said was, the seed was planted by Shebby and they went with Berg at the time. For them, it provides a way to try and appease the fans and make a cheaper appointment at the same time. Berg cost them in the end, but a former player now would be cheaper than a Farke or Bilic.

Bring in a former favourite, the fans won't be against that. It's not as straightforward as that though.

We've been linked with the likes of Sherwood, McKinlay and Davidson in the years since Berg left, whenever we've been looking for a new manager. Wilcox coming here could have legs for a number of reasons, especially his work with City's Academy.

Personally, I don't want any former player coming here and potentially having their name sullied by working under this lot. I have many good memories of Wilcox as a player. Wait until we have proper owners here, Jason, would be my message.

• Like 1

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

As I said the other day, look at that long list of potential candidates. Then try to think of somebody whose not on the list and who you wouldn’t dream of appointing . That’s the man ….or woman.

That's my guess too. We've been down this road too many times in the past. An obvious candidate overlooked for a total rookie or unknown quantity willing to work cheap. It's been the Venky model for 12 years now. If we break from that model then maybe we can start to believe the people saying some positive changes have been made behind the scenes. If the standard model comes into play again, however, then we'll know nothing is different and our stagnation will continue on indefinitely.

• Like 1

I suspect that the next few weeks (and beyond, no doubt it will drag out) will be a hotbed of self-anointed ITK's with a million and one different names regarding a potential new manager, and a lot of premature excitement/anger on the back of it.

We haven't even officially announced that Mowbray is going so I suspect it will be a decent wait.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

There aren't other examples, you're right. What I should have said was, the seed was planted by Shebby and they went with Berg at the time. For them, it provides a way to try and appease the fans and make a cheaper appointment at the same time. Berg cost them in the end, but a former player now would be cheaper than a Farke or Bilic.

Bring in a former favourite, the fans won't be against that. It's not as straightforward as that though.

We've been linked with the likes of Sherwood, McKinlay and Davidson in the years since Berg left, whenever we've been looking for a new manager. Wilcox coming here could have legs for a number of reasons, especially his work with City's Academy.

Personally, I don't want any former player coming here and potentially having their name sullied by working under this lot. I have many good memories of Wilcox as a player. Wait until we have proper owners here, Jason, would be my message.

Mark Hughes is a “ former Rovers hero “.

13 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

McKinley was actually approached before berg I think. They were about to appoint him before there was a big fan backlash. They talked about shearer Sherwood but instead opted for berg which didn't work out

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Please don't use those words that was said of Coyle.....................!

I know Farke is a different kettle of fish.

Interesting you say 'not from Ewood' as I think there have been some 'oddball' names already touted from within.

Who in your view is calling the shots on this appointment? 

Venkys

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Mark Hughes is a “ former Rovers hero “.

A fair point. That is a toughie.

8 minutes ago, roverandout said:

McKinley was actually approached before berg I think. They were about to appoint him before there was a big fan backlash. They talked about shearer Sherwood but instead opted for berg which didn't work out

Ah, ok. Thanks for that. I knew McKinlay had been linked at some point, but not the timeline or how it occurred.

• Like 1

I don’t think many if any could complain about farke, although probably wouldn’t be my dream appointment I really couldn’t grumble and with the names at the top of the betting he is who I would choose. 
I was actually pleased with lambert at the time, it didn’t work out but I can’t say that they have never shown ambition before. 

still hearing whispers of di matteo being in the mix personally