BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

24 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Keane was a truly great player but to say he’s mellowed is stretching things. He’s gone from being a psycho to just a nut job. Would I prefer him to Mowbray - too right. It would be an interesting 3 months.

Mellowed not mellow😂  He hasn't much tactical nous but if he got the right number 2 he could do well imo.  He would get leaders in.  The team lacks leaders.  Lenihan and Van Hecke seem like leaders but not sure there's any more.  He won the Championship before and kept Sunderland in the Premier.

The championship is awful standard.  Keane is capable of doing well in it.  Maybe not the Premier League but he  can do well here.

2 hours ago, JBiz said:

Older fans apparently forgot the gap of decades between top tier appearances!

Older fans like me always supported OUR club through thick and (a lot of) thin.

This is now Venkys' club, not ours.

2 hours ago, speedies gonna get ya. said:

I don't suppose it would cost too much to get Hughes from Bradford. Surely he'd be interested. I'd personally love it.

Hughes would scrap the youth system here. He's not interested in bringing youth through.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Keane was a truly great player but to say he’s mellowed is stretching things. He’s gone from being a psycho to just a nut job. Would I prefer him to Mowbray - too right. It would be an interesting 3 months.

😄

That's after he'd broken the legs of a few players, had a fight with the physios, punched the CEO and thrown hot water over the tea ladies. I'd rather keep Mowbray than let Roy Keane loose on Ewood. 

2 hours ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Hence Roy Keane as a big appoitnment as my suggestion.  Sky would cover a lot of the games and the profile of the club would definitely be increased. 

All the more reason to avoid him - we are gubbins when we play on Sky!

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

😄

That's after he'd broken the legs of a few players, had a fight with the physios, punched the CEO and thrown hot water over the tea ladies. I'd rather keep Mowbray than let Roy Keane loose on Ewood. 

Tbf though, the CEO could do with a good punching.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I've read it numerous times and I'm not sure whether it's a quote from now or then. It's not very clear.

It's his answer to a question from a question from Andy Bayes at Thursday's press conference

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JBiz said:

Older fans apparently forgot the gap of decades between top tier appearances!

That is a plain stupid comment.

You miss the point completely.

We yearn for a well run club run by honest people and for players who wear the shirts with pride and always give 100 percent.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 8

From Lancs live 

Daniel Farke is not considering an immediate return to the Championship, as things stand, Lancs Live understands. The German boss is the bookmakers' favourite to become the next Blackburn Rovers manager.

Farke has been out of work since leaving Russian club Krasnodar in March having departed Norwich City earlier in the season. With two promotions from the Championship in the last three years, he is viewed by lots of fans as the best available option to replace Tony Mowbray.

However, Lancs Live understands that, whilst not ruling out Championship jobs, Farke's immediate focus is on finding work in the Premier League or the Bundesliga in Germany. Schalke and Borussia Monchengladbach have been touted in the media as potential destinations as well as Watford and Burnley in the Premier League.

Farke led Norwich City to an unlikely promotion in 2019 before taking them back to the Premier League at the first time of asking in 2021. The Canaries replaced Farke with Dean Smith after another slow start to life in the top-flight but will be playing second-tier football next term.

It's understood that Farke is keen to ply his trade in the top flight after back-to-back promotions in the Championship. Whilst it's impossible to rule out a change of heart, if Blackburn Rovers want an immediate appointment, it seems unlikely that Farke will be the man at the helm, at this stage.

Wycombe Wanderers boss Gareth Ainsworth is second in the betting odds but remains embroiled in a League One promotion push. The Chairboys faced MK Dons in the first leg of their play-off semi-final on Thursday evening.

Ainsworth, a lifelong Blackburn Rovers fan, reiterated his commitment to Wycombe earlier this week. He has been linked with both the job at Ewood Park and Queens Park Rangers' post with Mark Warburton set to leave at the end of the season.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

From Lancs live 

Daniel Farke is not considering an immediate return to the Championship, as things stand, Lancs Live understands. The German boss is the bookmakers' favourite to become the next Blackburn Rovers manager.

Farke has been out of work since leaving Russian club Krasnodar in March having departed Norwich City earlier in the season. With two promotions from the Championship in the last three years, he is viewed by lots of fans as the best available option to replace Tony Mowbray.

However, Lancs Live understands that, whilst not ruling out Championship jobs, Farke's immediate focus is on finding work in the Premier League or the Bundesliga in Germany. Schalke and Borussia Monchengladbach have been touted in the media as potential destinations as well as Watford and Burnley in the Premier League.

Farke led Norwich City to an unlikely promotion in 2019 before taking them back to the Premier League at the first time of asking in 2021. The Canaries replaced Farke with Dean Smith after another slow start to life in the top-flight but will be playing second-tier football next term.

It's understood that Farke is keen to ply his trade in the top flight after back-to-back promotions in the Championship. Whilst it's impossible to rule out a change of heart, if Blackburn Rovers want an immediate appointment, it seems unlikely that Farke will be the man at the helm, at this stage.

Wycombe Wanderers boss Gareth Ainsworth is second in the betting odds but remains embroiled in a League One promotion push. The Chairboys faced MK Dons in the first leg of their play-off semi-final on Thursday evening.

Ainsworth, a lifelong Blackburn Rovers fan, reiterated his commitment to Wycombe earlier this week. He has been linked with both the job at Ewood Park and Queens Park Rangers' post with Mark Warburton set to leave at the end of the season.

I'm not sure Premier League clubs will be queuing up for Farke, given his record in that league.

Watford won't be in the Premier League, but may be interested, and he would have more money to spend there.

Farke out and one of your credible sources.

Ainsworth out and another of your credible sources.

So how is your 6 candidate shortlist looking Chris ? Told you it was nonsense and way too early.

Meanwhile privately Waggott has confirmed that nobody has been spoken to yet except Tony Mowbray.

6 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Farke out and one of your credible sources.

Ainsworth out and another of your credible sources.

So how is your 6 candidate shortlist looking Chris ? Told you it was nonsense and way too early.

Meanwhile privately Waggott has confirmed that nobody has been spoken to yet except Tony Mowbray.

I don't think either of them are out, but Ainsworth is the more likely to come.

His quotes are exactly what you would expect from a manager with a job to do at this present club.

I reckon there is more chance of him leaving Wycombe if they fail to win the Play Offs.

• Like 1

Just now, martonrover said:

I don't think either of them are out, but Ainsworth is the more likely to come.

His quotes are exactly what you would expect from a manager with a job to do at this present club.

I reckon there is more chance of him leaving Wycombe if they fail to win the Play Offs.

He seemed pretty immersed in it last night. Hard to call.

If they fail, can see him wanting to finish the job next season.

If they go up I really can't see him leaving them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

He seemed pretty immersed in it last night. Hard to call.

If they fail, can see him wanting to finish the job next season.

If they go up I really can't see him leaving them. 

Bouncing up and down between League One and the Championship is probably the ceiling for Wycombe.

If Ainsworth's ambitious, he will have to move on soon.

13 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Bouncing up and down between League One and the Championship is probably the ceiling for Wycombe.

He could be the perfect fit for us then marton - With all the loan players going back to parent clubs, no budget, we could easily be in a relegation scrap next season. 

• Like 2

Akinfenwa in a Rovers shirt for 10 minutes every week has got to be better entertainment than watching Sam Gallagher try to trap a football.

But seriously.... we are Rovers. Our aims should be much higher. But they aren't due to our very poor owners and all of the really cheap people they employee.

And I am very interested to know if the new pitch and undersoil drainage & heating system is booked in for the summer ?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Gav said:

He could be the perfect fit for us then marton - With all the loan players going back to parent clubs, no budget, we could easily be in a relegation scrap next season. 

If we don't get a good manager and support him financially relegation is exactly.what I fear next season.

• Like 2

Our problem isn't and has never been whether decent managers would come here.

Our problem is the owners and management who can quite easily cock up any situation and I expect will do so again here. Decent options will be ignored or overlooked due to incompetence and corner cutting.

As for that article on Farke it tells us absolutely nothing.  No sources, no quotes, 'understood', 'impossible to rule out'. Meaningless stuff but at least it gets clicks and subscribers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

From Lancs live 

Well credit where credit is due, thats a very bold statement from the new reporter 😀. Some great quotes there from Farke

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Akinfenwa in a Rovers shirt for 10 minutes every week has got to be better entertainment than watching Sam Gallagher try to trap a football.

But seriously.... we are Rovers. Our aims should be much higher. But they aren't due to our very poor owners and all of the really cheap people they employee.

And I am very interested to know if the new pitch and undersoil drainage & heating system is booked in for the summer ?

He must be at least 37 now. How about his final season a promotion with Wycombe and then he comes in with Gaz as gallys personal trainer. Twelve months later we ave our own beast 💪🏻💪🏻

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

The backing is the important part.  Whomever we bring in will need a decent budget and transfer kitty.  No chance of progress otherwise. 

When you look at what Mowbray achieved for part of this season with a team made up of academy graduates and loan signings, it will be absolutely criminal if they appoint a new man and provide significant funding. 

If that does happen I’m joining the conspiracy theory side, that our decline was orchestrated and keeping us down is the ultimate goal here, stifle any progression. 

2 hours ago, martonrover said:

I'm not sure Premier League clubs will be queuing up for Farke, given his record in that league.

Watford won't be in the Premier League, but may be interested, and he would have more money to spend there.

I reckon Dyche will end up at Watford.

It's about 60 miles from where he lives, he used to both play for them and manage them, he'd have a decent chance of an instant promotion back to the Premier League. 

• Like 2