BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

So Mowbray outlined the type of job he wants next but left out one vital stipulation that has weighed him down here and his previous job.

It needs to be close to home, isn't it funny that has gone straight out the window now he's on the hunt ?

You'd think he'd be begging Hartlepool for the gig.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

My hope is the retained list hasn't been released yet because they're still negotiating with Lenihan and Nyambe.

However the silence on everything else is amateurish. 

Surely they just say such and such has left, lenihan and Nyambe have been offered new deals to reflect their importance to the squad... Then if they reject the offer we can follow it up with Lenihan has left the club because we offered him a packet of Pork Scratchings and multipack can of Tizer

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheKitGuy said:

Surely they just say such and such has left, lenihan and Nyambe have been offered new deals to reflect their importance to the squad... Then if they reject the offer we can follow it up with Lenihan has left the club because we offered him a packet of Pork Scratchings and multipack can of Tizer

Or they could buck the trend, and tell the truth.

1 hour ago, Lucimo said:

Well Rob Edwards definitely can be scrapped. Done the dirty on FGR by all accounts. Negotiating with Watford behind his chairman's back. 

Thought Dyche was nailed on for Watford. I was fully expecting Rob Edwards to be one that we would go for with who his agents are. I'd definitely be having a go for Dyche.

Edited by LeftWinger
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

My hope is the retained list hasn't been released yet because they're still negotiating with Lenihan and Nyambe.

However the silence on everything else is amateurish. 

Then you say they've been offered new deals and we remain in dialogue. Reading between the lines its because there's nobody with a clue who's staying, who's going and who 's responsible for deciding.

14 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Thought Dyche was nailed on for Watford. I was fully expecting Rob Edwards to be one that we would go for with who is agents are. I'd definitely be having a go for Dyche.

If farke is a no go then I would be all over Dyche now too. I also thought he was Watford bound 

8 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Dyche talk is absolutely fanciful, he's a legend at Burnley why would he p1ss on that legacy to take a job at a club that’s even worse run then the one he's left

Plus I’d say he has more justification for waiting for a Premier League job than Farke

• Like 4

Farke is holding out for a top flight job that he probably won't get given his lacklustre record in the premier league. I think the fact that it would be a great appointment for us probably rules him out of actually coming here given our owners.

I guess we can only speculate (i.e. guess) but it seems that Carvahal is keen to take a job in England again and Hughton is probably interested in finding a club to restore his reputation with after his poor spell at Forrest. I have reservations about these two but I wouldn't immediately write them off either.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Sounds like Watford and Birmingham are being proactive in their search for a new manager, bringing in/talking to Rod Edwards from Forest Green Rovers and Mark Warburton.

Edwards will be their 8th (EIGHTH) manager since 2018…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Dyche talk is absolutely fanciful, he's a legend at Burnley why would he p1ss on that legacy to take a job at a club that’s even worse run then the one he's left

They sacked him after he dragged them to the PL by sheer force of will - he's probably quite pissed off about that. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Of course Dyche will wait it out. He’s got a sky high reputation (and that is finite) and has just received an enormous pay off… he’d be insane to come here.

Agree to disagree - he's not going to get another PL job.

His card is marked with regards to style of play. He'll have to take another Championship club up again if he wants to manage at the elite level 

• Like 1