BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

13 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Am I the only one that doesn't have a great deal of affection for Dunn?

Bit too much of a billy big balls for me who was never professional enough to keep himself off the trainer's table. 

I lost all affection and respect for him when he started re-tweeting Tommy Robinson’s tweets. He’s also a sycophant, like Gallacher.

• Like 7

Don't get the Ferguson thing. Is it because he's scary and jumped around like a nutter when he held the reigns at Everton?

Anything else that might suggest he is up to the job of managing Rovers?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Not having a go, Paul, but I've seen the following from from all sorts of sources and opinions!

• Venkys have been looking for a manager for the last year.
  • Venkys have been in talks with Farke since mid-March.
  • Venkys have a shortlist.
  • Venkys want a development coach as manager.
  • Venkys want an experienced hand again.
  • Oh, the shortlist is being drawn up by Waggott, not Venkys.
  • Or is it Alan Nixon's shortlist?
  • Relations between Waggott and Mowbray are warm.
  • Relations between Waggott and Mowbray are tense.
  • There is no shortlist.
  • Venkys don't know when the season ends.
  • Venkys haven't started looking.

Sharpe has stated that the one in bold is the case (or, more accurately, they hadn't started before Wednesday night).

All things considered, I can only conclude two things with certainty:

• Steve Waggott is a pen pusher.
  • Tugay/Shearer dream ticket appointment.

Ok, so I don’t know anyone in the Venkys family…but I do know he and his staff were expecting to be sacked LAST March and that it was widely believed by THEM that Wilder and Neill had been interviewed….I don’t know why they didn’t sack him.

I also know that Venkys have been burned before by outgoing managers suing (and winning) awarded pay outs for employment law issues, hence why the cleanest way is to say it’s started now….but based on what happened 12 months ago and what the likes of @glen9mullan have said about contact with Farke in March, that the line they’re spinning is not correct. 

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Don't get the Ferguson thing. Is it because he's scary and jumped around like a nutter when he held the reigns at Everton?

To be clear, I don’t want him to get the job, but at least it would be interesting and entertaining, (ie when he starts blowing a gasket 😂).

Im sure I read an article a while ago stating that he was ready to leave Everton to try his hand as a manager.

I think it would be curtains for lemon drizzle cake day at Brockhall 🙂

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Tbf I really like Ferguson, have followed his career since his Dundee Utd days, he is a character and very well liked within the game, if you search him on Twitter you will find videos of him going out his way to find disabled Everton fans than he picks up and gives time to. I know this doesn’t mean anything in terms of how good he Could manage but he would be good with fans. 
he is credited with working with youth and I reckon there would be a good chance if he were appointment that unsworth would come with him , there is a chance of a really good team there but it’s also a gamble , one that I don’t feel we should be making as much as I like him 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Ok, so I don’t know anyone in the Venkys family…but I do know he and his staff were expecting to be sacked LAST March and that it was widely believed by THEM that Wilder and Neill had been interviewed….I don’t know why they didn’t sack him.

I also know that Venkys have been burned before by outgoing managers suing (and winning) awarded pay outs for employment law issues, hence why the cleanest way is to say it’s started now….but based on what happened 12 months ago and what the likes of @glen9mullan have said about contact with Farke in March, that the line they’re spinning is not correct. 

Doesn't make sense that he was expecting to go and we went as far as interviewing 2 other managers whilst he was still employed before then allowing him to carry on for 14 more months. Where is this from?

15 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Wouldn’t surprise me. Quite possible that the cowboys nominally running the show in England wanted shot of Mowbray, but the Indians vetoed it. This is the whole problem with the set up and has been since the day they took over.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I was born in Manchester and my dad was a Manchester City season ticket holder growing up (to my everlasting shame I converted him to being a Blackburn Rovers fan). 

If we really hire Grayson / Dunn I'm off to the Etihad from now on. 🤣

Should be to your everlasting pride, to convert a grown man to the Rovers! And you better be kidding about going to the Etihad...

• Like 2

• Backroom
22 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I don't want him myself, but I do understand the logic to a degree. Assistant to Silva, Benitez and Ancelotti. None of them are mugs, so he must have something about him.

42 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Grayson, with the possibility of Dunn as assistant/coach? Nightmare fuel. Simon is good at getting promoted from League 1, and he'd need to be again if he got as long as Mowbray.

He has literally never gotten a side relegated, but has saved clubs in relegation fights when he arrived, at least twice, so I'm not sure where you draw that conclusion.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I lost all affection and respect for him when he started re-tweeting Tommy Robinson’s tweets. He’s also a sycophant, like Gallacher.

Wow, I didn't know that! Has he stopped doing it, and what sort of stuff was he retweeting? Agreed he is a sycophant, didn't he come out in support of Kean?

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Over 60 applications received so far. About to be 61, this could be my big break.

I won the Bundesliga with Dresden in FM21, mate.

You've got no chance once they see my application. I wouldn't bother.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

He has literally never gotten a side relegated, but has saved clubs in relegation fights when he arrived, at least twice, so I'm not sure where you draw that conclusion.

Well, he's crap and it'll be a sign of further decay and decline. I admit I didn't know he never got relegated, but we have several players out of contract, our top scorer likely to be sold, a dysfunctional ownership set up and massive debts. I believe we need better than Grayson to avoid another trip to League 1 or at least a flirtation with that. and Dunn is a complete tool who is a terrible coach.

28 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I don't want him myself, but I do understand the logic to a degree. Assistant to Silva, Benitez and Ancelotti. None of them are mugs, so he must have something about him.

Yeah, pure unadulterated terror.

They were too scared to get rid of him.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Wow, I didn't know that! Has he stopped doing it, and what sort of stuff was he retweeting? Agreed he is a sycophant, didn't he come out in support of Kean?

Yes, I think he’s learned to keep his fascism private 😂 He was retweeting random Tommy Robinson tweets, (enough said).

He was supportive of Kean, but I think that’s understandable as he still played for the club at that time.

He was also generally active on Twitter in support of Mowbray during death spirals.

• Like 1

If we are looking at asst’s/1st team coaches, any chance Pep Lijnders gets a call?  We’ve had pretty good times with Liverpool personnel in the past.

Neil Critchley hasn’t done badly at Blackpool. Those people at LFC know something about winning. 

19 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Well, he's crap and it'll be a sign of further decay and decline. I admit I didn't know he never got relegated, but we have several players out of contract, our top scorer likely to be sold, a dysfunctional ownership set up and massive debts. I believe we need better than Grayson to avoid another trip to League 1 or at least a flirtation with that. and Dunn is a complete tool who is a terrible coach.

I don't want Grayson these days (have in the past), but his record shows he is average at worst. Talk of Dunn is just pointless nostalgia, I never buy into that. They need to be good enough or they can sling their hook.

• Like 1

Hopefully out the door with Waggot then and some extra incentives to get a ST. New manager, new ideas. Slash £100 off a season ticket to get Ewood feeling like it has at points this season. It has been great to see crowds of 18k+ on a few occasions and that should be our target now for every home game.

In Glen I trust. Don't let me down, sunshine 😉

• Like 2