BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

As confident as you are/were about Farke's appointment?

Nothing i've wrote on here to date has changed, everything i've wrote so far regarding timeline has occurred.

I jet off to Spain this week and i fully expect an appointment to be announced on the 6th June 2022, which is 110% not ferguson, he aint even in the running!!!

I've not posted anything for days, as i've nothing to add to any previous post.

On Farke, he was v's first choice, its upto them to persuade him to take the job, Im not Farke and have zero influence in him saying yes or no

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Ferguson is very highly rated in the football world for his knowledge and coaching abilities.  I think there is a brain to go with the brawn!

Yeah people are a bit quick to throw out the drunken Duncan and thug assumptions.

That was a long time ago and hes carved out a career away from playing so he should be good with young players. Besides anybody who beats up thieving scum is ok with me it's not as if he's been running round getting knicked for DD or beating up his mrs.

Big issue though is zero championship management experience, or lge 1 or anywhere else.  This is an unforgiving league where you are found out very quickly.

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Ferguson is very highly rated in the football world for his knowledge and coaching abilities.  I think there is a brain to go with the brawn!

Cool, he should prove it at a L1 or L2 club as a 50 year old rookie manager.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Nothing i've wrote on here to date has changed, everything i've wrote so far regarding timeline has occurred.

I jet off to Spain this week and i fully expect an appointment to be announced on the 6th June 2022, which is 110% not ferguson, he aint even in the running!!!

I've not posted anything for days, as i've nothing to add to any previous post.

Clearly, Glen is still extremely confident about Farke's appointment.

Farke is now 12/1 so if anyone wants to make big money then lump on Farke as seemingly you can't lose.

Edited by Mercer

• Backroom
25 minutes ago, Mercer said:

If appointed, think we can say Ewood/Brockhall will be no holiday camp and not for the faint hearted.  IMO, a few rockets needed up a few arses at Rovers.

That could have worked wonders around January time. Not sure it's what we need now for the upcoming rebuild. 

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

When he says Rovers fans, does he really mean Rovers fan. 

14 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

On Farke, he was v's first choice, its upto them to persuade him to take the job, Im not Farke and have zero influence in him saying yes or no

I think this is where many supporters struggle with Rovers.

If Farke was first choice why simply not go all out to appoint him without going through countless interviews and processes!

You say Farke was first choice rather than Farke is first choice - does that mean you think circumstances have now changed? 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mercer said:

What you mean is you’ve had a good few quid on him and want to win a bit of dough rather than see your club appoint a decent manager. Shame on you Merce. #WhenTheFunStopsStop

2 minutes ago, Butty said:

What you mean is you’ve had a good few quid on him and want to win a bit of dough rather than see your club appoint a decent manager. Shame on you Merce. #WhenTheFunStopsStop

Mercer must have a lot of disposable income because I've yet to see him win a bet. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Butty said:

Would he be my choice - probably not.

Yep, I've got a few quid on him because I think the chances of him landing the job are very high so why wouldn't I buy a ticket for the raffle?

Betting for me is fun and always was and always will be!  

19 minutes ago, Mercer said:

If Farke was first choice why simply not go all out to appoint him without going through countless interviews and processes!

Yep.

3 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I'm not sure exactly whats occurring at Ewood, i gave up listening to Ewood a long time ago.

The three names I was given I've posted on here.

I believe V's where in London last week with the intention of speaking with representation/candidates.

If Ewood/local media are to be believed, there has been 50-60 applicants, which has given them a list of 8 names now.

Do people honestly believe we have not actively been approaching managers ourselves and are going to rely on applicants?

In the last week i've read we offered the job to Carvalhal which we have not, we've interviewed Beale which we have not, that Ferguson is going to be appointed which he is not, we've approached Ainsworth which we have not.

I'm sure many agents are throwing names in the mix, i'm also pretty sure those at Ewood will be talking to many people, you have to if you've 60 alledged applicants.

At this stage, no one has been offered the job. 

I'm sure that Ewood list will be smaller, as will Venkys list which is being managed by their closest advisors. It will be smaller through managers walking away, their demands being too great or rovers just not fancying the manager after talks.

Would I put money on an appointment? I have done on two names

Is that with confidence? I would never be confident with a Venkys run Rovers.

We've not suddenly become a well run club despite what some would want you to believe. There are still many who wouldnt touch us with a 10ft barge pole.

Apologies if I've missed it, which two names did you post on here other than Farke?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mercer said:

You say Farke was first choice rather than Farke is first choice - does that mean you think circumstances have now changed? 

No struggle at all, it's all a charade, just smoke and mirrors, fake news, false narrative ...... the cheapest option always wins, the one who for some unknown reason must also take on Lowe and Benson. Now where is the key to the skeletons cupboard ......

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Gav said:

I'm not sure about that Mark, if they appoint another dud this time around I'll be considering not going, because in my opinion its orchestrated decline if they do. 

Find it very odd that you offered a failing manager your unstinting support for three and a half seasons yet you wouldn't even give a new appointment you don't approve of even the briefest of chances to prove himself?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Find it very odd that you offered a failing manager your unstinting support for three and a half seasons yet you wouldn't even give a new appointment you don't approve of even the briefest of chances to prove himself?

I find it very odd that you spend most days supporting 3 owners that couldn't give a fig about this about this football club. Owners that have destroyed Jack Walkers legacy, destroyed the reputation of this football club, destroyed businesses and lives of the people that live in this town.

Nowt as strange as football fans eh 😉

Anyway back to the managerial search, have we appointed Hasselbaink yet? 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

You’ve saved me a post.

Amazing how a certain poster is so easily placated with a bit of corporate guff in an Ewood meeting room whilst ignoring the actual tangible evidence that shows a club in a big a hole as ever…

What a crock of utter shite as usual

• Like 1