BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Is it a mess, or do we just not know whether the DoF has greater power? If he doesn't, then appointing him first would be putting the cart before the horse.

Again, I think you’re right, but surely strictly speaking it should be the other way around. It’s reminiscent of Mowbray bringing in Waggott. 

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

Has Espirito been giving an interview?

Apologies if already posted but a Spurs fan on Twitter was with him at Heathrow Airport this week and he was flying to Porto.

Think we can file that in the not happening drawer

Please everyone stop with sensible names. We know how appointments are made at rovers. It will be the worst and cheapest option. They will see it as a bonus to infuriate the fan base. We are rovers under Vs ownership. How any of their businesses are profitable is beyond me. I guess it must be difficult to screw up in the chicken trade

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, whalleyrover said:

Time for some reality on here.

Venkys will not pay compensation for a manager in work.

What decent manager would come here with no proper access to the owners and having to work with a Director of Football who is not in position. Also no decent manager would want to have to work with Benson and Lowe, good managers have a team around them.

THERE WILL BE NO IMPROVEMENT UNTIL VENKYS GO OR START TO LISTEN AND RUN THE CLUB PROPERLY WITH PASSIONATE PROFESSIONAL STAFF AT THE HELM.

Until they go then

31 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Villas-Boas anyone?

Not sure if tongue in cheek but he fell out big time with the board at Marseilles because of them signing players against his wishes, doesn't exactly lend itself to the Venkys DOF dream 

Critchley is my choice ….did an apprenticeship at Liverpool…..developed both himself and young players at Blackpool….worked with a limited budget ….has it all to do ( not a yesterday man ) ….local ….surely we are a more attractive  proposition ( no disrespect to B’pool )…..

I know compensation would be involved and he would have a release clause …even Venkys can see this a worthwhile appointment 

as for Unsworth, Ferguson..I despair 😩 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dolly blue said:

Critchley is my choice ….did an apprenticeship at Liverpool…..developed both himself and young players at Blackpool….worked with a limited budget ….has it all to do ( not a yesterday man ) ….local ….surely we are a more attractive  proposition ( no disrespect to B’pool )…..

I know compensation would be involved and he would have a release clause …even Venkys can see this a worthwhile appointment 

as for Unsworth, Ferguson..I despair 😩 

Agree with this, from the pool we now shop in he's the stand out choice. It won't be though, it'll be Woodgate

16 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

QPR, Bumley and Watford get their manager in a couple of weeks.  Four weeks in we are messing about.

I could scream.

Unless I’m mistaken neither QPR or Burnley have appointed anyone 

• Like 6

I think most would agree Farke and Carvahal were the A listers , everybody else that has been linked (realistically) is B list material , Cocu Woodgate Ainsworth do not excite me .. Manning I just don’t know enough about to give a genuine opinion .. Ferguson Unsworth Carrick are all very risky although out of the 3 I think Carrick is the one that interests me the most Critchley has done really well at Blackpool imo , he for me me would be a leading contender everyone else is either pie in the sky Nuno Benitez etc or shite 

2 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Unless I’m mistaken neither QPR or Burnley have appointed anyone 

I don't think they have but it appears they have identified a target and gone for them whereas we have interviewed lots and are still buggering about.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray was rightly let go by Rovers. Blew our top 2/playoffs chances by his stubbornness and unwilling to adapt this formation, tactics. 

It was tongue in cheek comment. 

He was but if that was the final 3 id rather beg him to come back than have any of them terrible managers.

Of course it was, hence the comment "its his job" the reply.

A terrible appointment seems inevitable.

• Like 1

I've heard the Critchley rumours a few times. I can't get my head around why he would entertain leaving Blackpool to come here.

Obviously we are a bigger club, with a better academy and facilities and probably a bigger playing budget. But probably not bigger to the extent that it would resemble promotion material.

He's 6 months into a 3.5 year contract, has got a good chairman, settled setup, support all around him. 

Quite why he'd walk out on that to join our freak show is baffling, when he'd be under an as yet unidentified sporting director, the mysterious man and Waggott the oaf.

Then he'd had to ditch his coaching staff to come and work with nonentities left over here.

It would be so typical though for us to throw compensation at Blackpool, Wycombe or MK for their manager's, yet refuse to cough up the money for a Carvalhal to bring his team with him.

Not to mention the increased season ticket sales such an appointment would inevitably bring. But who cares about season ticket sales? Clearly not Rovers.

• Like 7

I saw a post on here earlier, apologies, can’t remember who said it, but they used the word “grateful’ as being a key selling point to Venky’s. It was an excellent observation.

I actually think it goes further, they have previously appointed people who can’t believe their luck to be given the job, Lambert aside.

If you’re pathetically grateful you’ll be completely undemanding, pliable, and prepared to give up enough dignity to bang on about them being humble at every opportunity.

I reckon that by October we will be wishing we’d gone for Duncan Ferguson.

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Woodgate it is then. Middlesbrough connection (again) - sacked - and a brief stint with Bournemouth. 

Cheap and available. Perfect

We might as well have given it to Carrick or Rooney. At least there was a connection with any talented United youth players. 

Once again, we look like messing this up completely. What a joke of bunch of Wankers are Venkys 

• Like 1

Wouldn’t rule Farke out the running just yet. 

Sounds to me like his agent has been trying to hurry the Rovers decision makers along. 

Sports BILD in Germany just reported that Farke isn’t in the running for the Schalke job after all. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

That's the kind of smart-alec facts that really annoy me.

That said, I think they are crossing and dotting.

Not being smart at all as it stands they’ve not appointed anyone, they could by the weekend or the couldn’t. Kompany is wanted by BMG, we could appoint (unlikely) by early next week