BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

8 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

BBC sport gossip says Blackburn Rovers are considering appointing Duncan Ferguson and his assistant. I would be happy with this choice, he's got the fighting spirit and will to win.

So did Brian Kidd! What a disaster that was

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

BBC sport gossip says Blackburn Rovers are considering appointing Duncan Ferguson and his assistant. I would be happy with this choice, he's got the fighting spirit and will to win.

Unfortunately that won’t work with modern players any more. You can’t put a fighting spirit into players if it doesn’t exist already. It might work for a game or two but long term it’s a non starter.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Will to win means absolutely nothing without the ability to actually manage.

He has no experience and even as an assistant has only consistently underperformed with a very expensive Everton side. He has done nothing to eatn a Championship job and if he wants to manage should prove himself further down the pyramid.

Anyone wanting him over even the likes of Ainsworth is off their rocker.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

If the new manager is being forced to work with Benson and Lowe we are definitely not going to get anyone decent. The compensation for them would be way less than the money we’ll lose with Darragh and Ryan leaving. A good manager would have been able to keep them. We are not showing the players any ambition with the way we are going about this. 

I think this has been fairly well established by other posters, but I heard from a good source yesterday that the incoming manager can bring an assistant with them but need to work with the existing coaching staff (Benson, Lowe, Johnson).

Couple that with the DoF role not being filled before the manager role is, it's a weird way of doing business. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

But just five games worth of experience in a different division 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

I think this has been fairly well established by other posters, but I heard from a good source yesterday that the incoming manager can bring an assistant with them but need to work with the existing coaching staff (Benson, Lowe, Johnson).

Couple that with the DoF role not being filled before the manager role is, it's a weird way of doing business. 

It’s their way of ensuring we get a cheap appointment who won’t rock the boat.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Isn't the Ewood pitch dug up ?

Top couple of inches,removed,  been reseeded and already green, as per every season, difference this season is both goal mouths been stitched/weaved for harder wearing.

4 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

Not for this club it isn't the last manager brought in his own boss then promoted his assistant to some sort of DOF.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

Such a weird thing to impose. If Lowe and Benson were highly rated I'd get it but neither seem to be?

Probably cost us a potentially good manager and left us with another dolloper. 

• Like 3

I can see this dragging on right up until the end of month. Mowbray's contract officially expires on the 30th, so it could be a case of a fresh start on the 1st of July with the new manager announced then. It would also mean not having to pay two managers for the month of June. Damien Johnson to take charge of the first couple of weeks of training, is my guess.

There's no urgency with this lot, because they don't know what they are doing, in my view. Football principles don't seem to register with them, therefore the idea of not having a new manager in place for the start of pre-season isn't likely to phase them at all.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I can see this dragging on right up until the end of month. Mowbray's contract officially expires on the 30th, so it could be a case of a fresh start on the 1st of July with the new manager announced then. It would also mean not having to pay two managers for the month of June. Damien Johnson to take charge of the first couple of weeks of training, is my guess.

There's no urgency with this lot, because they don't know what they are doing, in my view. Football principles don't seem to register with them, therefore the idea of not having a new manager in place for the start of pre-season isn't likely to phase them at all.

That is exactly what will happen.

Paying 2 managers with no games or income would be stupid, wouldn't it.

Nyambe and Lenihan will just pack their bags and leave on the 30th.

It's almost comical.

5 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

What qualifies this Ferguson bloke ahead of Ainsworth, it's absolutely mental.

Ainsworth has got his team overachieving constantly 

He'll probably shout on the sidelines and get angry when we go 3-0 down for the 4th game in a row.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Won't bother then they'll just send head of chicken leg packing plant over here to take care of things for a few months.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Duncan Ferguson has an assistant?

Ainsworth might come in handy when we're in League One which is increasing as a possibility with every day

Run by cowboys, no manager, no plan, half a squad and no money with the club captain set to walk. I've seen this one before and it doesn't end well.

• Like 3