BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

Warne has had 3 cracks at the Championship and been relegated in each. Until he can get through that barrier and keep them up he shouldn't even be considered.

They might have meagre resources but so do many other clubs that have survived in the Championship over the years

If success in League One is our focus, why?

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Who, incidentally, is in the running for the manager's job at Dundee.

We should have a thread really where someone monitors jobs he’s linked with and provides an email address for all relevant clubs so we can email our thoughts in. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Warne has had 3 cracks at the Championship and been relegated in each. Until he can get through that barrier and keep them up he shouldn't even be considered.

They might have meagre resources but so do many other clubs that have survived in the Championship over the years

If success in League One is our focus, why?

Could say the same with Farke... Albeit a league above, but of course with far better players and a far bigger budget. 

3 cracks is a bit of a stretch by the way. The first time he was appointed as interim in Feb with them 11 points off safety, after Kenny Jackett resigned a month into his reign... 

Two bites at the championship cherry, but I reiterate again, Warne has spent nothing there in 6 years, you'd absolutely expect them to be relegated from the Champ, but they've certainly not disgraced themselves im recent years. In that time he'll have had to turn around 2 or 3 teams which suggests not just a flash in the pan, but a manager who can consistently re-energise and refresh a squad to bounce back. We're going to have to accept someone... And I am now highly doubtful it will be an exciting or first rate appointment. With Farke and Carvahal now gone, who's your preferred candidate? 

Edited by Jimmy612

1 hour ago, J*B said:

What makes you think Carlo Ancelotti is working in the best interests of Blackburn Rovers?

It is perhaps more likely that Carlo feels he owes Everton a favour after walking out on them so is trying to get jobs for staff that just maybe the incumbent manager doesn't want ....... And it's much better club PR than them having to sack an Everton legend.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It is perhaps more likely that Carlo feels he owes Everton a favour after walking out on them so is trying to get jobs for staff that just maybe the incumbent manager doesn't want ....... And it's much better club PR than them having to sack an Everton legend.

Nail meet head

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

What makes you think he isn’t? 

He’s working in the best interests of Duncan Ferguson, just like (Alex) Fergie was with Brian Kidd. 

You have to take any such recommendations with a huge pinch of salt, fair enough that they want to look after their former coaches, but it’s all part and parcel of a jobs for the boys industry, so it is up to the hierarchy of the appointing club to be canny enough to see through the noise and appoint purely on merit and not be star struck and make rash, highly risky appointments.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

I have it on good authority that it wasn't Carlo Ancelotti on the phone to Waggot it was just a spoof call from a random Madrid local sports radio station.  Waggot tried to call back to verify the call but couldn't get past the telephone receptionist who was pissing himself and choking on his KFC Big Bucket.

No it's true, I'm ITK. Honestly.

• Like 5

Why's it matter what Carlo makes of Duncan Ferguson? Wasn't in a rush to recommend him for the Everton job or let him follow him to Madrid was he? No more of this 'job for the boys' bollocks.

There's literally no point in the last 5 week 'process' (Waggott drinking brews in his office whilst on Microsoft Teams) if we appoint someone on the basis of one persons word, who frankly couldn't give a feck if appointing Duncan Ferguson worked out for us or not.

Players due back next week I believe? I jokingly said back in April we wouldn't have a manager, recruitment department or any new signings by the time the players come back, and low and behold here we are.

Season starts in just under 8 weeks and we're about to lose two academy grads for nothing, have a current squad that, without additions, would be relegated, have no manager, assistant manager, recruitment department, fitness staff. And the club wants people to renew before the end of this week or pay £30 MORE than an already expensive season ticket?

Not sure we could be more badly run if we tried to be.

1 hour ago, Jimmy612 said:

Could say the same with Farke... Albeit a league above, but of course with far better players and a far bigger budget. 

3 cracks is a bit of a stretch by the way. The first time he was appointed as interim in Feb with them 11 points off safety, after Kenny Jackett resigned a month into his reign... 

Two bites at the championship cherry, but I reiterate again, Warne has spent nothing there in 6 years, you'd absolutely expect them to be relegated from the Champ, but they've certainly not disgraced themselves im recent years. In that time he'll have had to turn around 2 or 3 teams which suggests not just a flash in the pan, but a manager who can consistently re-energise and refresh a squad to bounce back. We're going to have to accept someone... And I am now highly doubtful it will be an exciting or first rate appointment. With Farke and Carvahal now gone, who's your preferred candidate? 

You might be right, I'm braced for it not being an exciting appointment. But that doesn't mean I will accept rubbish and pay top dollar for it.

If Warne, with 3 Championship seasons and 3 relegations at a club that is well run and stable where he has been for years, is the sort we are turning to I'll be honest I'd sooner bring Mowbray, Bowyer or Lambert back. At least they have shown they can keep a side in this division which is becoming an increasing risk.

Given the work to be done and time to do it in I think it would be foolish to hand the job to people with relegation records in this league.

I would of course want one of the 'big' names linked but failing that would want someone with Championship or European experience of some degree of success. If the big names aren't coming I'd be talking to Hughton, Monk or trying to get Rowett.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Let's not forget that managers with repeated and recent success in L1 are STILL a step above any of our Venky managerial appointments when they joined us (probably Lambert aside).

I'm just relieved we're actually looking at actual football managers and if Warne or Ainsworth are our worst case scenario, I'm absolutely fine with that!