BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 minute ago, rover23 said:

DoF seems like a really interesting appointment and one that can build on our Category 1 academy and philosophy of promoting youth as Mowbray supported to his credit over the last 5 years. 

I do wonder why this wasn’t done sooner though so he could aid the recruitment of a suitable manager who aligns with this vision. 

We haven't recruited a manager yet so maybe he will/has. He mentions in his interview after being appointed that 'everything is in place'. Can we now expect an imminent announcement of a manager. Without wishing to sound like Chaddy, hopefully we will get an announcement by the end of this week. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

I don’t think it is the barometer. It’s just that Deila is close to the top of the betting list.

From what Swanson says, earlier in the thread, it would appear that Knutsen and Broughton don’t get on, so it may well have to be Broughton and a n other.

Given the refusal to comment from Rovers and Deila's representatives regarding talks I'm inclined to think Ronny is on his way, providing agreement can be reached with NYC 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

I don’t think it is the barometer. It’s just that Deila is close to the top of the betting list.

From what Swanson says, earlier in the thread, it would appear that Knutsen and Broughton don’t get on, so it may well have to be Broughton and a n other.

I know it isn’t, I’m just trying to work out why Mani thinks Broughton would be a ‘dream ticket’ with Knutsen or Deila just because they are both Norwegian. 

Given the fact that the DoF was originally going to be employed after the coach/manager I suspect the assumption that it's Knutsen we're looking at is pretty unlikely.

No idea who this guy is but he seems to have his head screwed on and interviews very well.

We do still have Venkys running the show though so I back them to pull out an absolute stinker on the management front. 

This could work really well, if Broughton is allowed to do, what he needs to do. However, if Waggot and Venkys get in the way of his plans, then we will be back to square one. The key question is, will they allow him to get on with it. 

10 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Ffs, how difficult can this be?

If you’d asked me at the start who I wanted it was Farke. He is now employed….then we thought Walsh might be the DoF and Carlo backed Ferguson so I was hoping for a Walsh / Ferguson combo. Then today, we announce Broughton and a quick Google shows connections to Norway and therefore Knutsen and Delia - SO in context, one of those two managers with Broughton seems (on paper at least), to be a great fit.

Harping on and constantly chatting shit like you do gets you nowhere. Now stop mood hoovering and get back to your Beano.

So basically yes, aside from Farke you've gone with whoever you thought the club might appoint.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Given the fact that the DoF was originally going to be employed after the coach/manager I suspect the assumption that it's Knutsen we're looking at is pretty unlikely.

No idea who this guy is but he seems to have his head screwed on and interviews very well.

We do still have Venkys running the show though so I back them to pull out an absolute stinker on the management front. 

We were originally going to employ a different DoF altogether, so things can change rapidly. I'm sure if Gregg let's his new club know that Knutsen would be interested, then that's worth investigating further.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

It’s exactly as you say…there’s history between them. Norwegian contingent etc….seems in context to be a logical partnership. It’s just my opinion, who cares? 

This is is not aimed at you in any way because I can see you sought to rationalise, but the sheer volume of people who lose their shit because some guy (who they don’t even know) said he wanted Ferguson last week and this week says he fancies Knutsen is just weird. Fully grown men climbing over themselves to be correct when no one actually cares! Even weirder is that most go by odd names….

Bigbulge2 - “You said you wanted Ferguson”

Me - “Eh!!!? 🤷🏽‍♂️ I changed my mind pal, wth does it have to do with you?”

🙈🤣🤣🤣

That’s the point, I wasn’t aware Deila and Broughton did have any history?

Yes Broughton was an employee of a Norwegian club and Deila is Norwegian, but all a bit tenuous. But who knows maybe they hit it off at a Norwegian FA conference or something, fine by me as I’d be happy enough with RD.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yes but who is going to be scouting the Armstrongs and Brererton’s ? Neither of those came through our youth teams.

The recruitment and scouting team which need to new staff adding to it since Park is going, a couple of others have left recently. 

Its going to be a busy rest of the week for Gregg Broughton as we need fitness staff for Monday, Physios and recruitment staff plus a head coach appointment 

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Chaddy mentioned him about a month ago. I'm not taking the piss, he genuinely did, and I said at the time it's the kind of left field appt that could really work.

Thanks Mike. I did whether we can get him I just don't know to be honest

So, in the last week, we have added about a dozen names to the 'shortlist', Merce has lost his house on Duncan Ferguson, Nicko has released 3 generic scoops and we've appointed an alien as DOF.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Norwegian players are well regarded, my question was whether 'our' managers receive the same respect. 

Everyone is waiting to be offended these days. 
I have absolutely not a care in the world of ur Norwegian, Portuguese, Chinese, Indian, Australian whatever if your good enough. 
Take everyone on merit.

for the record I’d be happy with Knudsen, I wouldn’t be with deila, that doesn’t mean I don’t respect Norwegian managers. 
fact that berg and ogs are the only other two I know and think they are shit isn’t because they are Norwegian it’s because they are shit 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Everyone is waiting to be offended these days. 
I have absolutely not a care in the world of ur Norwegian, Portuguese, Chinese, Indian, Australian whatever if your good enough. 
Take everyone on merit.

for the record I’d be happy with Knudsen, I wouldn’t be with deila, that doesn’t mean I don’t respect Norwegian managers. 
fact that berg and ogs are the only other two I know and think they are shit isn’t because they are Norwegian it’s because they are shit 

Why do you prefer Knudsen over Delia, what do you have against Deila he seems to have Been successful wherever he has been?

1 minute ago, roversinmyblood said:

Why do you prefer Knudsen over Delia, what do you have against Deila he seems to have Been successful wherever he has been?

He wasn't massively impressive at Celtic, I think that is the top and bottom of it.

17 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

So basically yes, aside from Farke you've gone with whoever you thought the club might appoint.

Eh? I’m not making any decisions….we’ve also still got Ainsworth and Warne on the table and I don’t necessarily see the fit with them?

But the way I see it, what’s the point (unless you’re a half wit) in coming on here regurgitating the same bilge and insisting on this or that before signing off “Venkys out” 🙈

I’m looking at the situation in context and with GB as DoF, when I look at the candidates being talked about, those two seem a good fit….could I be wrong? Sure!…and??

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The recruitment and scouting team which need to new staff adding to it since Park is going, a couple of others have left recently. 

Its going to be a busy rest of the week for Gregg Broughton as we need fitness staff for Monday, Physios and recruitment staff plus a head coach appointment 

Thanks Mike. I did whether we can get him I just don't know to be honest

If we are trying to follow Brentford’s system why don’t we entice some of their best recruitment people here, it would probably prove very cost effective. 

3 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

He wasn't massively impressive at Celtic, I think that is the top and bottom of it.

He won the league twice with Celtic albeit without Rangers in the league at the time. I appreciate that it is not much of an ask in the circumstances but he has had success elsewhere hasn’t he? I am genuinely trying to find out how good he actually is. 

9 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

When I was a kid I used to work at a chicken farm in Knusden.

• Like 2