BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

59 minutes ago, dinglebasher said:

Every time a Championship club appoints a manager it’s a gamble. There are so many confounding factors that it’s almost impossible to predict whether a particular individual has a chance of success. 

Sometimes everything comes together, sometimes it doesn’t. Even Coyle has a promotion to the PL under his belt. 

Every time any club appoints a manager it's a gamble. Almost everything in life is a gamble of some sorts. There is a difference between being a small gamble and being a big gamble.

It's a non-point to observe that all appointments are gambles. We know that. It's the degree of the gamble which the poster is questioning.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes

Why would it be little underwhelming? 

Because at the start we was all hoping for a Farke/Carvalhal/Dyche with a really impressive CV. He seems to have done well at Malmo and poorly before but there isnt much to judge him on.

What do you think of his potential appointment?

Its not a case of not giving him a chance as of course I will, I just would find IF he was appointed someone with a CV like Tomasson's to be a little underwhelming.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes

There will be some players available in Europe that meet the points requirements, but the fact is most of them won't. The realistic market is smaller than it used to be.

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Because at the start we was all hoping for a Farke/Carvalhal/Dyche with a really impressive CV. He seems to have done well at Malmo and poorly before but there isnt much to judge him on.

What do you think of his potential appointment?

Farke and Carvalhal was the ones we hope for, but didn't get them for various reasons. 

It's interesting option. Could be similar to Thomas Frank. Who was in Charge at Brondby for 3 years before coming to Brentford coaching staff. 

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

There will be some players available in Europe that meet the points requirements, but the fact is most of them won't. The realistic market is smaller than it used to be.

Yes the market is smaller but still quality players in that market. Players from France, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Scandinavia still out there

Edited by chaddyrovers

It will be an uphill struggle for anyone coming in unless there’s some money to spend this window. They can have a vision about ‘sustainable PL club’ all they like, but we currently have a depleted squad with most of the core already gone or leaving. I’m spending the summer gradually lowering my expectations as this new chapter unfolds. 

Edited by Torgeir
  • Like 8

• Backroom

I'm happy with JDT just because it's different to everything we've tried before.

And it's a certain step up, as he's actually WON things as a manager.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

I'm happy with JDT just because it's different to everything we've tried before.

Yep, yet still it could easily be someone else come Monday with the amount of interviews. 

I wonder if Venkys are approving one name or several before confirming... 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

It will be an uphill struggle for anyone coming in unless there’s some money to spend this window. They can have a vision about ‘sustainable PL club’ all they like, but we currently have a depleted squad with most of the core already gone or leaving. I’m spending the summer gradually lowering my expectations as this new chapter unfolds. 

This is an important point to remember - whoever comes in isn't starting with a blank cheque book, and nor are they starting with the squad that limped home at the end of last season. When an airliner falls out of the sky, it isn't usually because of a single catastrophic failure, but the combination of a number of contributory factors that lead to the craft being fatally compromised. It feels to me like we are witnessing a slow disintegration of our club, with potentially catastrophic consequences. (DIS-INTEGRATION - a whole coming apart in pieces).

I will be more than happy if something happens that catalyses positive change at the club, and we make some kind of recovery once the new season starts, but mark my words, the signs at this point are not good (signs being key players leaving, squad depleted, loanees returning to their parent clubs, backroom staff being forced upon incoming manager, completely inept recruitment process for the new manager, lack of genuine senior management support, a stadium being left literally to rot). No, the new manager faces a lot of challenges from day one... that is, if we ever get a fecking new manager at this rate!!

WAGGOTT OUT! VENKYS OUT! 

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont feel in a position to comment massively on him, id find it a little underwhelming IF he is to be the end of such a long search.

That being said, this tweet seemingly has tried to (from afar) critique his CV and he has been jumped on with the usual "give him a chance" and "stop being negative" bullshit that is often the counter argument to constructive points, as seen below.

Screenshot_20220610-235652_Twitter.jpg

Graham Jones said in a tweet a few days ago that his first choice was Carrick, so how he can question JDT's CV I don't know.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 8

Whoever we bring in we've royally screwed up the process. It's not to say the new manager will be poor, but any success is going to be through luck, not design. Who would have the authority I don't know, but a thorough review is needed.

Were multiple parties interviewing different people?

Who sanctioned the idea we'd interview 'in work' candidates in a separate stage to out of work ones?

What happened at this 2nd interview stage which brought value?

Was a timescale ever placed, if it was missed, why?

Did anybody internally ever challenge some of our conditions of employment?

Did the owners 'vision' and financial commitment marry up?

We're scrabbling around right now because if we don't bring somebody in fast then club directors lose face. More than anything I'd love them to tell my what the f*** they have been up to the last couple of months. To drag your heels and have no f***ing idea who it is you're pursuing. Waggot, Suhail; or whoever is responsible are not fit for our club. I firmly believe I could do a better job with zero experience in the industry. 

• Like 8

• Backroom
Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

Oh so exciting.

This is the stage where Venkys said no no no to Warnock and picked Coyle from the shadows.

Is this where they turn round and appoint Hans Backe?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Did very well as a player too winning the champions league and serie A with AC Milan

• Like 1

I’m quite excited by the prospect of JDT. Yes it’s a gamble but compared to some of the names mentioned (Pardew etc) one I would take.

Huge pedigree in the game, success at his previous clubs and a winner. 

As a comparator, Farke had done nada except a stint at Dortmund B team and look how that went.

Bring it on and let’s get behind him.

(Cue an Adkins announcement on Monday)

Edited by Trinidad Rover
  • Like 8

9 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Think you mean Thomas Frank but that's a good point. Frank arguably had less stock to his managerial name at that point than JDT does now.

Interestingly, from Wikipedia:

"Frank resigned on 9 March 2016 after receiving criticism from chairman Jan Bech Andersen, under a pseudonym, on an online supporters' forum."

Speaking of which, we should keep an eye out for any new members or pseudonyms now Venkys are rubber stamping the appointment. I wonder if one of them could well be scouring the forums as well as Wikipedias of the names they were passed. 

12 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Think you mean Thomas Frank but that's a good point. Frank arguably had less stock to his managerial name at that point than JDT does now.

Interestingly, from Wikipedia:

"Frank resigned on 9 March 2016 after receiving criticism from chairman Jan Bech Andersen, under a pseudonym, on an online supporters' forum."

Yes I did. Correct my post now. 

Yes it good point and has 2 league titles as a head coach. Think it just something different instead of the same boring names time after time. At least we looking into the European Market for our next head coach