BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 minute ago, MarkBRFC said:

Crowds were the highest they had been in 8 years under Sam, granted tickets were a bit cheaper.

Main thing is though, we were regularly winning games at Ewood with him in charge.

Yep, they were the highest since 2001-2003 under Sam, so all that revisionist tripe you’ve heard since about ‘his shit football was driving folk away’ was a load of nonsense

… anyway this shower soon put pay to all that bums on seat business.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

whoever our new manager is,it`s going to be announced early this week,the lads are back tommorow for fitness evalutions and tests,i would absolutely wet my boxers if they announced johnson as boss🤣,it would be so venkys to **** about with interviews,get turned down by everyone so have to promote from within,i would get behind him in all honesty he`s still a better choice  than woodgate,adkins etc

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Again, all opinion. Big Sam had come in to save us. We were overachieving (as his teams had done previously) with dwindling crowds and a wage bill of 120% of our revenue.

fyi - I’m not saying I don’t agree with some of your opinions but they are just opinions. Not facts.

I think the wage bill was 87% when we were sold. Only time it was over 100% during the Walker Trust years was when we were in Championship.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I've just thought now, not only is it Broughton's first time as DoF, but the club itself hasn't had one since Dalglish in the mid-90s as far as I can recall? Certainly not for a long while in any case.

So, not only is Broughton learning on the job as you put it, but the role he is learning is to all intents and purposes, new to the club. So who is going to reliably show him how it's done? Guide him on what he can and can't do? It's a vague, variable (between clubs) role in football at the best of times, that he doesn't have experience of, and here there is no frame of reference for him. In the additional context of self-serving people in the corridors of power at Ewood, I can see him being given more limits than freedom.

Does anyone know if Waggott has worked with one before? 

Listening to Broughton list his areas of influence it sounded like a DoF & Operations position.

My theory is that hard times are coming and Waggott and Suhail need a fall guy. Step forward GB. IMO.

4 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Listening to Broughton list his areas of influence it sounded like a DoF & Operations position.

My theory is that hard times are coming and Waggott and Suhail need a fall guy. Step forward GB. IMO.

Hard times are coming? They've been here for over a decade. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, adopted scouser said:

Is Ferguson out of the running now ? If he wants to manage Everton at some stage he has a lot to prove, and that level of ambition would have been great for us (just my opinion).

Even with a recommendation from Carlo Ancelotti we'll probably end up with a dullard.

Hopefully he is, he shouldn't be anywhere near consideration

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rigger said:

The season before Sam, average home attendence 23,916

The season Sam left, average home attendence 23,686

Correct re season before.

Incorrect otherwise. Average PL crowd of 26k in his one full season (2009/10), 25k the season he left half way through (2010/11).

Edited by Mattyblue

40 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I will never, ever understand the folk who said they were "relieved" when Sam was sacked, or even some who said they stopped going while he was in charge.

I personally loved his only full season in charge. A top half Premier league finish, a cup semi final, only losing 3 games at Ewood all season (none to the so called "big 4"), doubles over both Burnley and Bolton.

Absolute facts 👏

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

My pet theory has been that Waggott has realised he is shite at stuff like contract negotiations, despite being an ex-agent, or just can't be arsed with it, and has brought someone in to delegate some of his duties to. So what you say about the partly Ops nature of the role fits.

• Like 1

Broughton might just be a convenient one to blame.

After the Lenihan and Nyambe debacles I'd be surprised if even these moronic owners hadn't started asking questions of Waggott. Bringing in a Broughton on a relatively cheap deal, buying a couple of years whilst he settles in for 'the journey' and then pointing fingers in his direction if more goes wrong should see Waggo through to comfortable retirement.

39 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

On a roll now, definately breaking 400 before Wednesday and no appointment this week.

Won’t make it - JDT appointment on Tuesday if I had to bet. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

I will never, ever understand the folk who said they were "relieved" when Sam was sacked, or even some who said they stopped going while he was in charge.

I personally loved his only full season in charge. A top half Premier league finish, a cup semi final, only losing 3 games at Ewood all season (none to the so called "big 4"), doubles over both Burnley and Bolton.

That 09/10 season was great, was class finishing it off with a packed Darwen End Lower for the last few home games too. I’d put that season on a par with most of the Hughes era if not just slightly below that level. If only we knew what was to come next… 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Broughton has no experience in the role of DoF. None. He will have to learn on the job.

We may as well have given it to DJ.

He will have been appointed as he's available, cheap and beholden.

Good luck with that one.

IMO, before some dip gets in ....

Not many do. Sunderland's Sporting Director Kristjaan Speakman had never been a SD before he was appoint but had a background in academy and coaching at Sunderland. 

3 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

And the experience, contacts, skills and ability?

It's a big jump from Acadamy coach in the Norwegian league to DOF at Blackburn Rovers.

Hes not an academy coach he was academy director at Bodo/Glimt. before that he worked in recruitment.  

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

venkys bought the club as an advertising aid to go with their planned fried chicken outlet plan,when they actually found out that the fast food business in this country is ferociously competetive they stopped the project and where left with a football club they neither wanted or needed,they can`t however get rid of it for a profit and not making a profit on it would damage their reputation in indian business circles,they are very keen on face and reputation in india,if they cut their losses they will  be subject to loss of status in india and after damaging the product for 12 years,there is no way they are making a profit

So another example of their ineptitude, any business worth their salt would of researched their competitors beforehand

TuT Tut Tut!