BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

On 10/06/2022 at 23:11, martonrover said:

I hope you’re right, but not sure that will be so easy in terms of work permits etc, especially now.

The whole process has been such.a joke I find it difficult to have faith in the outcome.

I should have worded this better. I should have said we need to look at players, outside of the usual places like Scotland, Ireland, Wales etc. I get work permit issues might be a problem, but our reach for players should really extend farther than just the UK. Same with our coaching staff

Very hard to gauge if it's a good appointment or not based on JDT's history. Overall though I feel it could have been a lot worse - Grayson, Woodgate, Cocu etc 

Still feel we'll never get back where we want to with the owners and their set up but I would file this appointment (when confirmed) under 'pleasantly surprised'.. Let's see where we are in 6 months. 

• Backroom
4 hours ago, Gordon Ottershaw said:

It's possible to hold both concepts in your head at the same time. Allardyce's first game away at Stoke was one of the most depressing spectacles that I've ever seen. Likewise, his regular capitulations away to the big clubs. That didn't stop me from feeling alarmed and worried by new owners abruptly dismissing him.

His first game was at home to Stoke, a 3-0 win. Impossible not to enjoy after Ince!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Southside Rover said:

JDT will be confirmed as Manager tomorrow, Tuesday latest

A report from Denmark, Tomassons homeland, says he's been offered a three year contract. Let's hope so it's time to think about next season for rovers.

Edited by RoversTilliDie

As long as he gets a good reception at games (which he will), not sure it particularly matters if a half dozen anonymous accounts on brfcs.com have decided they won’t ‘give him a chance’…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

Of course in the ground he will get my full support. I’ve just got a gut feeling he won’t work out here. Rather it be JDT than Grayson, woodgate , pardew but warne or ainsworth would of been the better appointment imo. Ultimately tony leaving has highlighted just how poorly run we are so whoever comes in has there hands tied behind there back so he will not only get my support but a lot more leniency than I have given any other manager. However I still feel we could have done better with abit more ambition. The coaches staying on is farcical to say the least so let’s just see what JDT can do and be as positive as a venkys ran rovers fan can be

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimmy612 said:

Allardyce's first game, as in the 3-0 home win against Stoke? Our first league win since September?  When we were 3 up within half an hour? 

I have to admit, I personally found that game far less depressing than the 3-0 hammering we received at Wigan the week before, which thankfully bought an end to the Ince debacle.  Not Allardyce's first natch, I stand corrected.

I meant the 1-0 defeat around March when Robinson spent the game getting as close to the centre circle as possible before launching the ball into Stoke's Penalty Box.. That wasn't Allardyce's first game, I stand corrected.

Edited by Gordon Ottershaw

1 minute ago, Gordon Ottershaw said:

I meant the 1-0 defeat around March when Robinson spent the game getting as close to the centre circle as possible before launching the ball into Stoke's Penalty Box.

Good job he was sacked then.

Gotta be excited about this appointment surely, new DoF manager that's a bit of an unknown but has pedigree in a decent-ish league.. potential for a bunch of academy kids to make a name for themselves, when's the last time we appointed a manager that had just recently managed to win back to back titles? You don't do that if you're shite. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gordon Ottershaw said:

Nuance not really your thing is it?

Certainly is. I accepted that a prosaic style of football from an experienced hand was exactly what a post-Walker Trust funded club needed. You ‘wee with the willy you have’.

Alas folk like your good self had absolutely no nuance and he was merely a ‘long ball dinosaur’ and the sunlit uplands of ‘football the right way’ was only a sacking away… how did that work out?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3