BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 25/4/22

22 hours ago, tomphil said:

The players were running through brick walls for him and the club and each other even in the early days of the bad run beginning. Since that Derby first half (yes that again) there was a noticeable foot off the gas. Second half the real Rpvers turned up for the last time this season.

Why ?

We could handle a slide away when it's clear we are trying both tactically and physically but blindingly obvious that hasn't been the case recently. That's why people are angry and why this is now being treated like a dead rubber.

If he is doing one then i'd feel better with one of the players in charge for this last 3 starting here. At least someone who can fire them up and salvage a bit of pride.

We’re back to normal with a Mowbray team selection. He doesn’t know his best team again and because of that he doesn’t know what formation to play.

Any players reading this - forget the usual bullshit as to how well we’re going to play. Just do it, and then you can talk about it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Somebody will have to tell this ol’ Texan what a ‘plastic’ is

Similar to a 'glory hunter'. It's what North Enders call us. It's mainly seeded in bitterness at what we achieved in the 90s/00s, with very little fact behind it.

They call us 'plastics' while constantly complaining about the number of Liverpool/United fans there are in Preston. The irony is fairly spectacular.

9 minutes ago, roversfan2001 said:

Similar to a 'glory hunter'. It's what North Enders call us. It's mainly seeded in bitterness at what we achieved in the 90s/00s, with very little fact behind it.

They call us 'plastics' while constantly complaining about the number of Liverpool/United fans there are in Preston. The irony is fairly spectacular.

Good info, thanks. 

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Lenny and Pickering as full backs ? Not for me. If we’re playing 4 at the back one of Wharton, Van Hecke and Lenihan will have to sit on the bench. Next to Ayala no doubt.

I'd leave Darragh out (his heart's not in it)  and have a central defensive pairing of JPVH and Scott Wharton.

Full backs I'd have Nyambe (? unsure tbh) right and Giles left. (With a 3 man midfield tucking in where appropriate to allow the full backs to bomb on forward)

Midfield I'd go Travis, Buckley, Rothwell (? if his heart is still in it but he's still on the payroll!)

Up front, Brereton, Dack, Dolan.

We need to be on it from the first minute and press from the front!

COYB!, (we cannot lose to these wankers!)

58 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Despite the fact every team of our size has these type of fans when any success comes along it's the only insult they can come up with. And factually very incorrect seeing as all our glory hunting types disappeared a long time ago and are unlikely to come back.

It was a phrase, if you want to call it that. first coined for Liverpool fans who sprouted up all over the country off the back of their success in the 80's. 

Preston you see is a very bitter little place for North End supporters as half the City, if you can call it that, actually follows Man U, Liverpool and Man C.  So it was too much to bear when the rovers following in those parts grew rapidly in the early 90's, scares they still clearly bear to this day.

They also hold the unfortunate tag of being the only club around here to never have set foot in the Prem.  It's very hard for them to handle being in the shadow of Blackburn, Blackpool, B#####, Wigan, Bolton ...and even Oldham.  So rather than get angry Rovers fans just tend to sympathize and pat them on the head as you would to a very small cousin who wishes he was you.

Doesn't do much for their blood pressure mind.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, WacoRover said:

Plastic means fake.

It stems from any success in the pre-Venkys era and more people coming to games. Preston fans wouldn't know what that's like.

• Like 2

Will Mowbray care if he is off?

Will the players care? If several are leaving for a variety of reasons, then avoiding injury would be a priority. Just enough effort to make it look like they aren’t totally taking the micky?

Whatever the result, Mowbray and co will have plenty of scapegoats and excuses (in their heads) to flesh out the usual narrative for failure.

I almost find myself hoping Sheffield win on Saturday.  This way I can watch the game without any hope at all that we can make top 6.  I've known for weeks we weren't going to do it, but every match I there's just a little hope that it will turn around, only to be disappointed.  If Sheffield go 6 clear then the hope will be gone and I can stop caring once again.  

22 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

A Preston fan with a Braincell makes a valid point..

''This is one of the biggest fuck ups of the ages by Mowbray, a real monumental calamity. A side that wasn’t conceding with Van Hecke and Wharton solid as a rock and scoring freely with Brereton hitting 20 early doors and then boom! It all just grinds at a halt.''

Apart from bias f---ing referees anti rovers from the whistle and the usual bad luck with key players injured for long spells it was a f--k up. If Chile had gone out the world cup to albania reserves early, we might have seen ,more of Diaz.

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Lenihan at right back? Dolan as a number 10? No thanks. 

Hedges has to start for me, deserves a shot.

Lenihan right back in the dressing room if he's f---ing off next season.I argree with Hedges starting, he looked lively with a few dribbling skills the few minutes mowbray allowed him to play against stoke. He signed for us he will be here next season unlike some of the players, lets see what he can do over 90 minutes.

Edited by RoversTilliDie

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Well every pre season they have a full house for Liverpool or Everton and seem to deem it great support.

Then first home game in league a week later and about 9k turn up,  kind of sums them up.

You'll have 'em in tears tomphil...the truth does seem to hurt them nobbers.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Any chance Ayala will ever play for us again?

I don’t know what I’m talking about, but he doesn’t appear to care that much about playing. 

TM wont drop a center back to chase a goal in the last 20 min, not sure how he’d drop one for Ayala…in fact maybe he’ll play with 4 center backs 

25 minutes ago, rigger said:

If Ayala is fit why isn't he playing, as he is our best center-half ? I can understand him not getting his place back while the defence is playing well. But at the moment it isn't.

This is what I’m talking about. We had 11 clean sheets in 15; but, that is ancient history now.
If Ayala doesn’t play, I will assume he’s either pusillanimous or not interested & Mowbray got us another bust in this guy. 

I've never really thought anything of Preston. That whole city status thing really did piss me off though.  I always found them to be arrogant yet bitter and also incredibly insular. Constantly banging on about how big city Preston is soooo much better than that shithole Blackburn..... blah blah blah

Always had the feeling they were trying to convince themselves more than anyone else. 

I would always remind them that Preston is a shit town just as Blackburn is a shit town. The main difference is people have heard of Blackburn because we have a successful team. 

If any Northenders niggle you, just remind them that nobody under the age of 62 has ever seen them in the top division.

Apart from that, don’t remind them that Rovers were 19 points ahead of PNE earlier in the season - and now, a team having a poor season themselves, will only be 2 points behind us if they beat us. 

How crap is that?

• Like 4