BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 25/4/22

4 hours ago, rigger said:

Then we know where we stand with Dack, early on.

He's doing a Fraser too, they all are.  Doesn't want to risk his big move.  Dack has requested during a promotion push to play less than half a game...this tells me he's off and doesn't want any problems. 

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

Mowbray has to have at least 3 players out of position in starting line ups it's in his dna

When he didn't, we won games.

He has certainly reverted to type in this respect. On our winning run it was essentially a settled side, system and way of playing. Now it's baffling what formation we are playing and most of his substitutions necessitate several positional changes for the players. And then it's real head scratching time.

I would settle for the type of performance and result when we beat them at Ewood. We were strong, energetic, resilient and did the basics right. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

He's doing a Fraser too, they all are.  Doesn't want to risk his big move.  Dack has requested during a promotion push to play less than half a game...this tells me he's off and doesn't want any problems. 

After 2 years out injured I very much doubt Dack has any big move in the pipeline.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, rigger said:

But the player, the rules and objectives,are the same. The second part of your post, you are just hoping for the best. I would rather have him play and see if he can actually manage a game. Then we know where we stand with Dack, early on.

I would rather start him against Bournemouth if you wanted to start him in a game is a much better game. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would rather start him against Bournemouth if you wanted to start him in a game is a much better game. 

Why would the Bournemouth game, six days later, be a much better game to start Dack ?

I see the new narrative on their forum is that we were giving it the big ‘un as ‘they were promoted in January’.

They obviously don’t actually know any Rovers fans, despite all these Plastics polluting their PR postcodes, as I’m not sure I met a single fan that was particularly confident about top two… but must say that most didn’t expect to finish 12th, mind…

Edited by Mattyblue

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Dack’s not going anywhere at the moment. Would you sign him on current performances ?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, rigger said:

Why would the Bournemouth game, six days later, be a much better game to start Dack ?

I don't what this obsession is with starting him when its clear he can only last 45 mins said by Mowbray and Dack. He needs a pre season and personalise fitness plan over the summer to gain his overall fitness. 

I think Bournemouth game is the perfect game cos its the last home game of the season. 

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't what this obsession is with starting him when its clear he can only last 45 mins said by Mowbray and Dack. He needs a pre season and personalise fitness plan over the summer to gain his overall fitness. 

I think Bournemouth game is the perfect game cos its the last home game of the season. 

Just send Dack and some of the others on holiday. Play some of the U23s and our own players in the last 3 games.

Pointless playing Dack, Brereton, Lenihan, Nyambe, Rothwell, Johnson, any of the loans. I want to see the lad from Spurs get 45 mins. I want to see Hedges play 90. I want to see players in blue and white who want to win rather than thinking about their next job.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Just send Dack and some of the others on holiday. Play some of the U23s and our own players in the last 3 games.

Pointless playing Dack, Brereton, Lenihan, Nyambe, Rothwell, Johnson, any of the loans. I want to see the lad from Spurs get 45 mins. I want to see Hedges play 90. I want to see players in blue and white who want to win rather than thinking about their next job.

That’s difficult when we haven’t been signing “ winners “ for a long while.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

He just said the lad from Spurs won't play this season.

And we have been trying really hard evey game but will finish where we finish. Shrug.

As long as Mowbray finishes out of the door I am not bothered.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would start Dack to see how long he can last, If you cannot see that, so be it. You don't judge fitness from someones opinion. You say that Dack needs a pre-season, and a summer of fitness training, then in the next breath you say, the last home game of this season is a perfect game for Dack to play. To me it is one or the other not both.  I hope I am wrong, but from what I have seen I don't think we will see Dack back to his best. C'mon Dacky prove me wrong, please.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2

For me,never got the 'love in' with Dack - not saying he's a bad player for this level but never seen this  our 'team saviour feel that alot seem to think he has  - even pre injury - maybe not seen enough of him, but surely won,t be anywhere near what he was .

Anyway , regardless of that would start him these last couple of games  just to get him more fitness and see how he does.

I'm in the camp for try something new and give other players a chance  not into all this bollux about not having the experience signed for the u23s etc ( what is all that about?)

Just keep the bellend moboring away from the team / club/Lancashire and we might actually get something from the game

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You start him then pull him off when we are winning a game and in control as opposed to chasing a game and expecting Dack to continually come to the rescue from the bench.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, 47er said:

He was probably the best player in Div 1. In div 2, before he was injured not so much.

More of a nifty striker than a play-maker.

I had him behind Grealish at the time. Those long term injuries have blunted him at the moment. It’s in the lap the gods if he makes a full recovery. It’s not nearly there yet.

16 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Not sure about throwing matches, that is mainly because Mowbray is a dick head and a shit manager. But the people in charge definitely do not want promotion. That has been made clear over the last 12 years. 

It’s not that they don’t want it. They simply haven’t got a clue how to go about it. Sad 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mercer said:

You start him then pull him off when we are winning a game and in control as opposed to chasing a game and expecting Dack to continually come to the rescue from the bench.

That's what any manager wanting to start strong and win games would do but not this fella.

I understand the need to manage him but 45 mins is 45 mins whether first half or second. Leaving the big guns out sometimes and wheeling them out later if needed works for Liverpool and Man City.  It doesn't work at a second tier team with very little quality who desperately need goals and wins.

Just another classic example of Mr Overthinker.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rigger said:

I would start Dack to see how long he can last, If you cannot see that, so be it. You don't judge fitness from someones opinion. You say that Dack needs a pre-season, and a summer of fitness training, then in the next breath you say, the last home game of this season is a perfect game for Dack to play. To me it is one or the other not both.  I hope I am wrong, but from what I have seen I don't think we will see Dack back to his best. C'mon Dacky prove me wrong, please.

You listem Andrew Proctor and Craig Holding are saying given their are professional in these fields

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

We will continue to chase games cos Mowbray's starting game formation and tactics aren't working and have been wrong for a number of weeks cos of the tinkering and playing certain players out of position

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2