BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 25/4/22

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

Just to buck the trend, I hope we smash North End tonight and give the many thousands of fans that are spending hard earned cash the win they deserve.

PNE 1 Rovers 3

I can’t see it Gav, we’re on our holidays now. In fact we’re on our second holiday. We don’t get the importance of derbies, they’re just another 90 minutes to Mowbray and that attitude has fed down to the players.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gav said:

Just to buck the trend, I hope we smash North End tonight and give the many thousands of fans that are spending hard earned cash the win they deserve.

PNE 1 Rovers 3

As much as it will extend the forlorn hope of a top 6 finish - we have to beat PNE if only for local pride.

Edited by DavidMailsTightPerm
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have the players to finish 6 but we don't have a manager who can maintain a promotion challenge. 

We should have sign a centre midfielder but if he actually played Gallagher in the striker role and played Giles in his correct position then maybe we would have finish top 6 and even maybe second

Mowbray has already ruled out Markanday from playing this season

Gallagher isn't good enough in a promotion chasing team. So we needed a central midfielder and a striker as least, as well as some quality in depth. So that's why I don't think we have the team for it.

The heartbreaking thing is we had forewarning that we'd need some strengthening in January, what with BBD having international duties and being a threadbare squad to begin with compared to other teams near the top. TM's answer was to loan a player that was good at assisting at a lesser team, but then constantly played them out of position - Hedges, who has barely played - and a 20 year old winger who hasn't played one game of professional football. I can't blame TM for the injury but pinning his promotion hopes on those signings was bonkers. Some would say he was planning for life next season in the championship, not a promotion push.

And then to add insult to injury he tells us that we don't play with big number 9's who won't work the channels.

He should be sacked for that alone. That decision has cost the club tens of millions.

Mowbray is 58 and has been around the game since he was a kid, if it was ever in doubt he's a bit clueless then I think it's now been confirmed.

Edited by booth
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Gav said:

PNE 1 Rovers 3

They look leaderless and confidence is at a low so I can't see anything other than a loss.

I hope they realise it's a local derby and there's some pride at stake.

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

I didn't say a defeat would get rid of him. I just can't stand the guy period and any win gives the mogga apologists ammunition.  I want rovers to be successful just not with him in charge 

So you have lost all sense of perspective. The underlying reason that you hate Mowbray is because of the results for Rovers, so I don't get how you can possibly hate Mowbray more than wanting Rovers to win.

There are very few "mogga apologists" left, I think the vast, vast majority want him out and even in the ground, I have sensed a turn.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

So you have lost all sense of perspective. The underlying reason that you hate Mowbray is because of the results for Rovers, so I don't get how you can possibly hate Mowbray more than wanting Rovers to win.

There are very few "mogga apologists" left, I think the vast, vast majority want him out and even in the ground, I have sensed a turn.

I think you were an inch away from a new BRFCS neologism- "moggapologist"

It could be up there with "Shagnew" and "Venkygraph"...

• Like 6

I get this game on ESPN+. I will be interested to see if the team has some passion & energy when they take the pitch. 

On the other hand, I am sure Mowbray will stand on the touchline, drearily looking down at his feet, perhaps running a hand through his scruffy hair. 

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think plenty of people had this feeling around the Kean era.  The odd win wasn't going to do anything more than solidify his position.  Celebrating a goal/win was always accompanied and 'punctured' by the gut-wrenching feeling that it wouldn't change the course of our season, but it would strengthen Kean's position, even though it was crystal clear he would take us down.

I used to argue quite a lot with people who'd sit there with their hands in their lap saying 'support the team', not realising that all they were supporting was a side more or less guaranteed to go down and a club with a very grim future.  Personally, I wasn't able separate the immediate matters on the pitch from the achingly obvious (and likely illegal) destruction of the club... it felt hollow to be cheering on an almost trivial matter such as a goal, when clearly our beloved club was being taken to the cleaners.

I'm not comparing the two scenarios, I felt far more strongly about Kean than I do Mowbray.

We're now 6 points from the playoff places with 3 games to go BUT it is still mathematically possible, therefore we all should in theory be hoping for a win.  Defeat tonight would kill off even the faintest hope - I think a lot of fans would then go in to the final two games hoping we get beat, in the hope that it would offer no opportunity for positive spin.

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

I think plenty of people had this feeling around the Kean era.  The odd win wasn't going to do anything more than solidify his position.  Celebrating a goal/win was always accompanied and 'punctured' by the gut-wrenching feeling that it wouldn't change the course of our season, but it would strengthen Kean's position, even though it was crystal clear he would take us down.

I used to argue quite a lot with people who'd sit there with their hands in their lap saying 'support the team', not realising that all they were supporting was a side more or less guaranteed to go down and a club with a very grim future.  Personally, I wasn't able separate the immediate matters on the pitch from the achingly obvious (and likely illegal) destruction of the club... it felt hollow to be cheering on an almost trivial matter such as a goal, when clearly our beloved club was being taken to the cleaners.

I'm not comparing the two scenarios, I felt far more strongly about Kean than I do Mowbray.

We're now 6 points from the playoff places with 3 games to go BUT it is still mathematically possible, therefore we all should in theory be hoping for a win.  Defeat tonight would kill off even the faintest hope - I think a lot of fans would then go in to the final two games hoping we get beat, in the hope that it would offer no opportunity for positive spin.

I’ve never gone into any game, playing or watching, wanting to lose. That’s just crazy in my opinion.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I fear you are correct and we will find out if our lot have any spunk between them.

PNE will be up for it, thats a given .

I’m tired of saying this but there’s nothing beating under the badge for most of them. An old coach of mine had an expression for players like these - “ Spineless bastards “.

If we win more tackles, contested headers, interceptions etc , run further etc then we’ll win tonight. The problem is hard graft is two dirty words at Ewood. We like to pretend that’s all beneath us, Mowbray’s told them they’re footballers.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 5

7.30 pm KO, Sky Football pre match from 7 pm.

I had to check to set alarm. Knackered as it's been 98F today and higher to come. Hope to get a few hrs kip first.

For the recently departed - please note that most of us on here want us to win. It's actually Mowbray and the team who aren't delivering. Not to difficult to follow that is it.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’ve never gone into any game, playing or watching, wanting to lose. That’s just crazy in my opinion.

I did in certain games during the Kean era - particularly when it felt like the pressure was mounting.  I was sat there considering whether a win would adversely affect us, medium/long term.  I was right - we were relegated, and at no point in that season did we look like surviving.  A scarce win here and there wasn't going to mean anything.

On reflection, was Kean's position even remotely results driven?  Probably not, so there's an argument I was wrong to think like that.... Those that want us to lose tonight would do well to ponder the fact that it's likely the same situation with TM.  Those making the decision probably couldn't care less what happens tonight.

Edited by Jimmy612

1 hour ago, Jimmy612 said:

Will be a minority view but I actually feel far more strongly about Mowbray than Kean, although it is a bit like trying to discuss the merits of typhoid against cholera.

To play devil's advocate the likes of Kean and Coyle only stunk the place out for relatively short periods of time whereas Mowbray has been dragging us down for four years now.

You could also argue that at the point Kean was sacked we were in a relatively decent position in the table. Kean didn't appoint his useless mate as  CEO to safeguard his position or hatch a plan with him and Venus to flog off Brockhall either.

I also despise Lambert as in my view he only took the job here to get himself back in the job market and never had the slightest intention of staying beyond the initial period before the break clause he unbeknown to anyone inserted in his contract. Left us without a single senior striker under contract when he departed.

I suppose the whole thing boils down back to the owners who despite massive financial support have never seen fit to compliment that by taking the basic first step of appointing the best manager they possibly can. And who on earth appoints a manager then allows him to insert a break clause in his contract which activates after a few months?

Back to tonight's game I want us to win. I don't believe we have any realistic chance of going up regardless of tonight's result, but whilst there is still a mathematical chance of promotion, as a supporter you have to wish for it and nine points out of nine.

Even if the manager is seemingly only counting down the days until his departure and couldn't care less.

• Like 3

I can't recall a time when I was less enthused about watching Rovers play. The way our season has crashed and burned is scandalous. The malaise around Rovers right now is getting to an all time low for many and something needs to happen to address this. Getting new owners who actually seem to give a toss would be great but as that's unlikely then sacking the whole cabal of Waggott, Mowbray and the coaches will do for starters.

I honestly don't know what to expect from us tonight. I really want to beat this lot otherwise they will be crowing again in their green eyed way. Although still mathematically possible I really don't think the playoffs are realistic so some pride from the players will do for starters. I don't want to see Mowbrays sloped shoulders, hands on head and all his other annoying traits. In fact let the players take charge as the did for the second half against Derby whilst Mowbray sulks.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, toogs said:

He resigned

Fair point.

Yes, the allegedly "unsackable" Steve Kean seemingly walked out of his own accord.

Something I wish Mowbray would have done on numerous occasions over the last 4 seasons.

Doesn't affect the overall gist of my post though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I can't recall a time when I was less enthused about watching Rovers play. The way our season has crashed and burned is scandalous. The malaise around Rovers right now is getting to an all time low for many and something needs to happen to address this. Getting new owners who actually seem to give a toss would be great but as that's unlikely then sacking the whole cabal of Waggott, Mowbray and the coaches will do for starters.

I honestly don't know what to expect from us tonight. I really want to beat this lot otherwise they will be crowing again in their green eyed way. Although still mathematically possible I really don't think the playoffs are realistic so some pride from the players will do for starters. I don't want to see Mowbrays sloped shoulders, hands on head and all his other annoying traits. In fact let the players take charge as the did for the second half against Derby whilst Mowbray sulks.

Great Post. Spot on.