BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 25/4/22

Great timing for a Derby game after the Easter shit show we have just witnessed NOT.

I was going to go to Dollopdale,after seeing the attitude of both Players and Manager I'll suffer the forthcoming debacle on tv..i'm not paying extra for the humiliation.

Confidence shot to pieces on and off the field of play.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Great timing for a Derby game after the Easter shit show we have just witnessed NOT.

I was going to go to Dollopdale,after seeing the attitude of both Players and Manager I'll suffer the forthcoming debacle on tv..i'm not paying extra for the humiliation.

Confidence shot to pieces on and off the field of play.

They have just been stuffed by fulham they will be fired up for this one at shitdale.

Defeat.

Preston and Lowe will be well up for this especially after defeat last night.

Mowbray can't cope with local derbies and will crumble at Deepdale.

Seen it all before, braced for another humiliation.

Assuming we lose then Preston will probably finish above us in the table which will be another unforgivable outcome.

• Like 4

We might be far enough removed from the playoffs for Mowbray to actually change it up for this one. He’ll also be looking for a scapegoat or two, so I wouldn’t be too surprised to see some changes.

I think there’s a chance he moves to a back 4, and a slimmer one the forwards come back inside.

• Like 1

If we cant fire ourselves up for a derby then we may Aswell give up.

Lets see what names come out of Tony's Tombola and take it from there.

3 games left, we need to ensure we go into our final home game with something to play for.

However unlikely things are in terms of the play offs, if we expect the players to believe, then sadly we need to too

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

We might be far enough removed from the playoffs for Mowbray to actually change it up for this one. He’ll also be looking for a scapegoat or two, so I wouldn’t be too surprised to see some changes.

I think there’s a chance he moves to a back 4, and a slimmer one the forwards come back inside.

Is that ever surprising? He’s always desperate for at least 3 changes each match. It just depends whose name comes out the tombola.

• Like 1

The most painful job in the world is to be a Rovers supporter. Nailed on loss. Nailed on embarrassment.

Still, I flatter myself that I'm always there to do my bit so I'll stump up again.

We lose, I descend into a deep depression- again. I go home and kick the cat - again. I don't speak to the wife for days - again. I hate everything and everyone- again.

I'm a nice guy and don't like being like that but that's the job of the Rovers supporter.

I'll be there - again, looking forward to it - not.

A miserable 2 nil win for PNE.

• Like 4

Burnley, Bolton, Wigan, Oldham and this lot i'm not sure what the overal record is with this manager but i doubt it's very good.

The only time you'd be confident going into a derby with this fella in charge is when we've been on one of those spectacular little winning runs we've had.  If a derby falls around that time of the season then every chance otherwise forget it.

People are ready to turn and this will be it if there is no more effort than the last month and it'll embarrassingly play out in front of the cameras.

If ever he needs to not shrug his shoulders then this is it but he'll no doubt spend the week building up Preston and lining up his ducks to excuse defeat.

Gobshites 1   Rovers  1    at best....

Ahhhh, memories of 3 years ago when we were on a high playing well and  just outside the top 6. Big following and everyone buzzing. 

Mowbray plays no striker and Dack just in front of the back 4. Alex Neil completely out-thought him. It was apalling stuff. His comments after the game were a disgrace as well. Called it then that he would take as nowhere and needed sacking if we wanted to go up. 

Owners clearly dont give a shit. Honour Jacks legacy my arse. 

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, toogs said:

Ahhhh, memories of 3 years ago when we were on a high playing well and  just outside the top 6. Big following and everyone buzzing.

Mowbray plays no striker and Dack just in front of the back 4. Alex Neil completely out-thought him. It was apalling stuff. His comments after the game were a disgrace as well. Called it then that he would take as nowhere and needed sacking if we wanted to go up.

Owners clearly dont give a shit. Honour Jacks legacy my arse. 

Nice to know that some of the fanbase don't have short memories.

I remember some of the bizarre shit he served up in L1 when he was trying to nullify the opposition rather than let the players play.

• Like 5

This could be a pasting.

Fully expect our contract rebels (mainly Nyambe and Rothwell) either to be 'injured' or serve another dross performance.

Nyambe was SHOCKING against Stoke. Didn't take his man on more than twice in 90 mins. Always backwards. 100% not risking any contact and an injury.

Rothwell stopped on halfway when we broke away in the 87th min to do his socks up.

4-1 Preston, starting lineup with 6 men out of position.

4 hours ago, Riversider28 said:

This was the season we missed out on promotion on goal difference to Swansea. The Nobbers game was the third draw on the bounce, which ended 0-0. I was at this game and I remember thinking at the time that we were very subdued considering the importance of needing to win, especially in a local derby. My friends and I were feeling pretty low after the game and decided to have a drink in the Red House, near the Darwen boundary, as we knew the owner. About an hour later, who should walk in but some Rovers players including Jim Branagan, David Hamilton and Marshall Burke. They ordered some drinks and were sat there laughing and joking, especially Burke, as if they were just on a night out. It was then that I realised that playing football was just a job for them, whereas for us supporters it was a way of life. Some 40 years on it seems that some things never change, playing football is only a way of earning a living. It’s only us, the supporters, who feel the pain. I still regret not smacking Burke in the mouth that night.

I was also on that night.

Particularly remember the 2nd half as we attacked the 'Town End' and if I recall we missed a couple of great chances including hitting the bar when I thought it was easier to score.  We didn't score many but was amazed we couldn't notch one, and what would have been a 'golden goal', with Garner and Crawford up front and Burke (think he was a 1 goal in 5 man for us), Kendall and Speight all capable of weighing in from midfield.

Know how you must have felt in the Red House but I met Burke on several occasions when his football career was over and he came across as a very decent lad. 

Edited by Mercer

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Dread to think what the following will be, even most of the away regulars I know, that pitch up everywhere are swerving it…

It's the nearest ground for me, I can catch a bus to it, but I cannot be bothered.

This SHOULD have been a celebratory event for Rovers fans, to bask in at least a modicum of reflected glory after an unexpectedly positive campaign. Instead it is yet another banana skin and an opportunity for our once proud club and supporters to be publicly humiliated and held up to ridicule.

I sincerely hope Rovers team on the night turns up for once, and gives a decent performance, rather than serving up the recently institutionalised clown-pants routine.

There is little left of the season to give any Rovers fan a lift and a feeling that somehow it will be worth it in the end...my worry is that too many around Ewood have come down with a severe dose of end of season feckits, and worse still that regardless of the results from our last three fixtures, we will remain superglued to the gurning chump, the conman and the chicken choking overlords for another miserable bastard season.

clown1.gif

39 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I was also on that night.

Particularly remember the 2nd half as we attacked the 'Town End' and if I recall we missed a couple of great chances including hitting the bar when I thought it was easier to score.  We didn't score many but was amazed we couldn't notch one, and what would have been a 'golden goal', with Garner and Crawford up front and Burke (think he was a 1 goal in 5 man for us), Kendall and Speight all capable of weighing in from midfield.

Know how you must have felt in the Red House but I met Burke on several occasions when his football career was over and he came across as a very decent lad. 

Mercer, I’m sure you’re right about Burke, but at the time it didn’t seem good. 
P.S. I have withdrawn my rather childish comment at the end.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Riversider28 said:

This was the season we missed out on promotion on goal difference to Swansea. The Nobbers game was the third draw on the bounce, which ended 0-0. I was at this game and I remember thinking at the time that we were very subdued considering the importance of needing to win, especially in a local derby. My friends and I were feeling pretty low after the game and decided to have a drink in the Red House, near the Darwen boundary, as we knew the owner. About an hour later, who should walk in but some Rovers players including Jim Branagan, David Hamilton and Marshall Burke. They ordered some drinks and were sat there laughing and joking, especially Burke, as if they were just on a night out. It was then that I realised that playing football was just a job for them, whereas for us supporters it was a way of life. Some 40 years on it seems that some things never change, playing football is only a way of earning a living. It’s only us, the supporters, who feel the pain. 

I honestly believe that players of that ilk and that era, only realise how privileged, they were, when the careers are over. They somehow think they will go on forever.

I recently read Mark Patterson's book old school and he certainly eludes to that with his career.

• Like 3

The opportunity for playoffs has passed us by. I still want us to finish as high as possible, and beat Preston. Not necessarily in that order. Oh, and sack Mowbray. That’s about it, my Rovers wants all went on the trash pile some time ago. 

Edited by WacoRover

I think I'll decide after the results on Saturday if I'll go or not. If the teams around us all win I'll not bother. It's not like it'll be difficult to get a ticket as we're faced with out lowest following for some time given a culmination of reasons.

The tombola needs a massive spin regardless. If it's a nothing game which I expect, play some of the players who'll actually be here next season. Vale, Dack and Hedges should get a run out.

• Like 1