BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 25/4/22

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Brown and Johnson ? I Don’t think so. If Pickering gets a shirt he’ll be one very lucky boy.

Why not Brown? 

Pickering played better when he played the full back role. Hes not a wing back but he has good overall season. 

Just now, rigger said:

I would drop Johnson, and move Buckley to the midfield position. Start Dack in the more forward position were Buckley was. I would also have Ayala instead of Wharton.

Dack can't play more than 45 mins anyway. 

Can Ayala even play? is he even fit enough. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why not Brown? 

Pickering played better when he played the full back role. Hes not a wing back but he has good overall season. 

Why not Nyambe, Brown hasn’t kicked a ball a first team level yet. Pickering’s not a fullback for me either. Three things  you need to play there sucessfully  - pace, pace, pace.

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why not Brown? 

You don't know Dack can't play more than 45 mins, starting him is the only way to find out. It is the same with Ayala. At the moment Wharton looks poor and is making some basic errors. If we where a team in form I would not take risks, but as we are bottom of the form league, I don't see the risks as problems.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Brown and Johnson 😂 Brown has never played professional football and Johnson is ready for the scrap yard.

At the moment, very few of our team look like they have played professional football

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why not Brown? 

What gives you the impression Brown is ready for first team football? He was signed for the under 23s. Have you seen him play a few times or something? 

47 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Why not Nyambe, Brown hasn’t kicked a ball a first team level yet. Pickering’s not a fullback for me either. Three things  you need to play there sucessfully  - pace, pace, pace.

Nyambe ain't here next season. Why not try Brown since the season is done. @Buttyhere is your answer

Pickering was good in the first half of the season. He has been overall good signing 

31 minutes ago, rigger said:

You don't know Dack can't play more than 45 mins, starting him is the only way to find out. It is the same with Ayala. At the moment Wharton looks poor and is making some basic errors. If we where a team in form I would not take risks, but as we are bottom of the form league, I don't see the risks as problems.

Dack has said this himself. 

Wharton starts for me. 

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Brown and Johnson 😂 Brown has never played professional football and Johnson is ready for the scrap yard.

Brown played professional football in Ireland. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Nyambe ain't here not season. Why not try Brown since the season is done. 

Pickering was good in the first half of the season. He has been overall good signing 

Wharton starts for me. 

Is it professional? May well be the case but im sure I read that when he came over he would have to adjust to full time.

Doesnt explain the Johnson inclusion either.

I don’t want to see Johnson in a rovers shirt again. Chaddy has sold the brown at Rb to me though . We have nothing to lose, we have no Rb next season, we might aswell see if he can cut it , or at least be a decent cover option so we know what we are working with in the summer .

Can always sub him if he’s shite and could be the next Seamus 😅

Edited by Oldgregg86

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nyambe ain't here next season. Why not try Brown since the season is done. @Buttyhere is your answer

Wharton starts for me. 

Yet Dack has played 80 mins for the U23s. From what I have seen it is not so much a fitness problem with Dack, as a mental problem. The way to work this out for good or bad, is to play him and see what happens. I wouldn't want to go into next season not knowing if Dack is going to be a main part of our team. You stated earlier that you would start Brown because the season is done and we will get a feeling for if Brown is good enough. Why does the same not apply to Dack. I am not saying this is what Mowbray will do. It is what I would do.

4 minutes ago, renrag said:

I’ve never seen Brown play so can’t say if he’s ready or not. 

What I do know, and remember well, is that back in my early days of watching Rovers, there was a left back who had only played six reserve team games. It was the last game of the season and Rovers were already relegated, they decided to throw him in to see how he did. Less than a year later he was playing for England and turned out to be the best left back I have seen in a Rovers shirt, only missing games over the following ten years, when injured or on international duties. He was of course Bill Eckersley.

All I’m saying is don’t write anyone off because they’ve no experience, every journey starts with a single step.

Don't mention, journey.

31 minutes ago, rigger said:

Yet Dack has played 80 mins for the U23s. From what I have seen it is not so much a fitness problem with Dack, as a mental problem. The way to work this out for good or bad, is to play him and see what happens. I wouldn't want to go into next season not knowing if Dack is going to be a main part of our team. You stated earlier that you would start Brown because the season is done and we will get a feeling for if Brown is good enough. Why does the same not apply to Dack. I am not saying this is what Mowbray will do. It is what I would do.

the under 23's is very different to a Championship game. 

Dack will be main part of our team next season but another 3 months of getting fit and being mentally right, hopefully he will be raring to go. 

Got a few connections to PNE with family, friends etc.

Consensus is they will be up for it more than us and they are unusually confident about the outcome of this fixture.  Think that tells you quite a bit about Rovers' dire form etc.

I'll keep my powder dry until I see what team the Mowbray tombola generates!  Think we might nick a draw and go unbeaten for the rest of the season but sadly it will be too little too late - Mowbray has a habit of finishing the season well when results mean nothing but no doubt it impresses that lot in Pune!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Got a few connections to PNE with family, friends etc.

Consensus is they will be up for it more than us and they are unusually confident about the outcome of this fixture.  Think that tells you quite a bit about Rovers' dire form etc.

I'll keep my powder dry until I see what team the Mowbray tombola generates!  Think we might nick a draw and go unbeaten for the rest of the season but sadly it will be too little too late - Mowbray has a habit of finishing the season well when results mean nothing but no doubt it impresses that lot in Pune!

Anybody in this league playing us should be confident. Aren’t we bottom of the current form league ? It’s the usual Mowbray bollocks. Doesn’t know his best team and doesn’t know what formation to play. As for them being up for it more than us. Tell me the last time we were up for it more than our opponents. They used to call it - “  lack of moral fibre “ in the old days.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

the under 23's is very different to a Championship game. 

Dack will be main part of our team next season but another 3 months of getting fit and being mentally right, hopefully he will be raring to go. 

But the player, the rules and objectives,are the same. The second part of your post, you are just hoping for the best. I would rather have him play and see if he can actually manage a game. Then we know where we stand with Dack, early on.

27 minutes ago, rigger said:

But the player, the rules and objectives,are the same. The second part of your post, you are just hoping for the best. I would rather have him play and see if he can actually manage a game. Then we know where we stand with Dack, early on.

I called it a day because I couldn’t handle the mental side of playing again. If it’s gone it’s gone.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

I was talking to a couple of Preston fans at work and they both asked about 'Rovers throwing matches because the owners don't want promotion'.

I told them this was a bit of an exaggeration - we took the lead at Peterborough with 10 minutes left - not something you would do if you wanted to throw a game. However - I told them the real truth is that the owners don't care if we go up or not and that attitude has permeated the club and shows itself on the pitch.

I just found it interesting that our performances have been so poor and the general ambience of the club is so lackadaisical that opposition fans actually believe we are trying to lose. 

Thanks Venky's

Not sure about throwing matches, that is mainly because Mowbray is a dick head and a shit manager. But the people in charge definitely do not want promotion. That has been made clear over the last 12 years. 

Preston play the way we hate to play against.  We will be awful and spend most of the match too deep again. They will close us down quickly, kick lumps out of us and launch Hail Mary's for 95 minutes and shoot on sight from anywhere on the pitch.

We don't have a cat in Hells chance given our recent lack of backbone and dodgy decision making in the back 5.  Someone able to complete a pass from midfield would be nice  just for once.

Pedestrian moving forward.  Only one winner here and it's not us.

So sad to say all that, its Preston ffs. How far we have sunk this season under TM.

• Like 1

• Backroom

I think we’ll get at least a point and then another vs Bournemouth

Fully expecting us to miss the play offs but retain the rhetoric of just falling short at the last hurdle as we couldn’t compete with the squad sizes of Luton and co

5 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Nothing to lose now. Just play the most attacking side we have.

Mowbray has to have at least 3 players out of position in starting line ups it's in his dna

When he didn't, we won games.