BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 25/4/22

Rev, can’t believe what I’m reading.

You are making out that Kean (yes, Kean!) was just a here today, gone tomorrow manager, yeah bit shit, but no harm done… whilst it’s TM that is actually the nefarious character involved in all kind of schemes.

You and a few others have completely lost the plot and all perspective when it comes to Mowbray and that post and the attempt to airbrush those utterly disgraceful and ruinous few years is a prime example of it.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 9

Just now, SuperBrfc said:

It's not a popular view, but I feel the same. Mowbray, in his own way, is giving Kean a run for his money.

He has wasted the owners' money (though they could have prevented that), he has wasted their time and our time and it's all been done with him donning a Mr Nice Guy mask. We have been strung along for four years.

The arrogant, blase attitude that has surfaced over the past year, and especially since January, is what takes him to Kean level for me.

Any Preston fans reading this, just take a look at a few of his recent press conferences. Look out for his post match comments tonight, should we get beat, then you'll know what is meant by this.

Then you have a very short memory.

Absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I can't recall a time when I was less enthused about watching Rovers play. The way our season has crashed and burned is scandalous. The malaise around Rovers right now is getting to an all time low for many and something needs to happen to address this. Getting new owners who actually seem to give a toss would be great but as that's unlikely then sacking the whole cabal of Waggott, Mowbray and the coaches will do for starters.

I honestly don't know what to expect from us tonight. I really want to beat this lot otherwise they will be crowing again in their green eyed way. Although still mathematically possible I really don't think the playoffs are realistic so some pride from the players will do for starters. I don't want to see Mowbrays sloped shoulders, hands on head and all his other annoying traits. In fact let the players take charge as the did for the second half against Derby whilst Mowbray sulks.

Me too. My lad will be watching it and I’ve been debating with myself all day wether I should go up to his place to join him. I can’t stand watching half hearted, couldn’t care less, players wearing our shirt. What is wrong with them, Mowbray’s signed some real fair weather players. I wouldn’t want to be in the trenches with any of them. 

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

You are making out that Kean (yes, Kean!) was just a here today, gone tomorrow manager, yeah bit shit, but no harm done… whilst it’s TM that is actually the nefarious character involved in all kind of schemes.

You and a few others have completely lost the plot and all perspective when it comes to Mowbray and that post and the attempt to airbrush an utterly disgraceful and ruinous few years is a prime example of it.

Kean was the shit in charge, Mowbray is the shit in charge. they are both shits, never mind the depth.

• Like 4

TM is not and has never been close to Kean. Absolute nonsense and you all need to get a grip.

It’s threads like this that honestly make me think about knocking this place on the head.

Can’t believe what I’m reading (well I can, that’s the problem).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 8

A lack of perspective indeed, comparisons to Kean (and even Coyle) are laughable. Also, "massive financial support?" They using share capital offset the losses made as do many Championship clubs in a division whereby it is very common to be making a loss year on year. That in my opinion is not "massive financial support" as that would imply that they are putting in additional money for the betterment of the club on the pitch, which they seldom do.

Couldn't care less how Mowbray carries himself on the touchline tonight either. If we win, I will be happy, otherwise, I will be annoyed and that responsibility to get a result falls under the managers responsibilities. 

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You and a few others have completely lost the plot and all perspective when it comes to Mowbray and that post and the attempt to airbrush an utterly disgraceful and ruinous few years is a prime example of it.

Don't misrepresent what I said.

Didn't say Kean was no harm done at all. I'd be interested to hear why Mowbray (who at the end of the day is from the same stable as Kean, albeit rebadged under a different name) is any better though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Don't misrepresent what I said.

Didn't say Kean was no harm done at all. I'd be interested to hear why Mowbray (who at the end of the day is from the same stable as Kean, albeit rebadged under a different name) is any better though.

You said he was worse than Kean, so if anybody needs to explain…

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You said he was worse than Kean, so if anybody needs to explain…

Again incorrect.

Actually said "Will be a minority view but I feel more strongly about Mowbray than Kean"

"Bit like comparing cholera with typhoid"

How exactly  is that supportive of Kean?

Don't tell me you've fallen for the line about Mowbray being a nice bloke and the working class hero jumpers for goalposts guff.

As I see it in Kean's time we were struggling at the bottom of the Premier League and latterly near the top of the Championship. In general during Mowbray's time we've been struggling in the bottom half of the Championship despite around £90m worth of investment from the owners during his woeful 5 year tenure. And with things likely to get worse next season due to the state he'll be leaving us in assuming he goes.

With the benefit of hindsight neither Kean nor Mowbray should have been anywhere near the Club. Another £90m - £100 m piled on the debt to get nowhere. Key players walking out for nothing. For SEM/Kentaro read HSH. So forgive me if I don't see how we're so much better off now than then.

Anyhow, thread way off topic. Apologies.

Tonight's game then ........

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 4

The worst thing is listening to Mowbray try and speak.

We need to win the last 3 games, no ifs and buts. That's what's needed. You'd think we're 15th the way he's been talking recently with his 'lets see what happens' attitude.

It doesn't wash with me. We won't 'see' anything. The pressure should be applied on the players that they have 3 games to play, win all 3 and you're looking at a playoff place. If you're not willing to try win them, then feck off.

But all we've got since January is this 'lets see' and 'young team' bollocks, followed by a continuation to play a formation we haven't scored in 11 games out of 19 playing.

Drop Rothwell, drop Nyambe, drop Lenihan and go for the throat. 

Team should be:

TK

Brown JPVH Wharton Giles

Travis Buckley Dack

Hedges Gallagher Brereton

What the team will be:

TK

Nyambe (no effort since his injury)

Lenihan (captained collapse after collapse at this club and looks no closer to being here next year)

JPVH

Wharton

Pickering (god help us)

Travis - one man midfield for 3 months

Rothwell (distance covered down 70% since January, should never have played for us again)

Gallagher - on the wing of course

Buckley 

Brereton

And he'll shrug his shoulders when we're 3 down in 40 mins.

However Iwouldn't be surprised to see Rothwell 'injured' tonight having had 'no training sessions this week' due to 'an injury he's been bravely nursing for 12 weeks'

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Don't tell me you've fallen for the line about Mowbray being a nice bloke and the working class hero jumpers for goalposts guff.

No Rev, I just see a bloke long past his sell by date stinking the place out, and guess what? It’s not those devious characters Venus or Waggot or TM himself that have let it drag out this far… it is your beloved owners.

Edited by Mattyblue

• Moderation Lead

Mowbray has gone stale and massively overstayed his welcome. 
He’s just turned out to be a terrible manager. Steve Kean absolutely rinsed this club, was a snake and general horror bag. I get we are all frustrated with Mowbray and our spectacular collapse, but I just don’t think people’s memories go back far enough if you’re saying Mowbray is as bad as Kean. There is genuinely no comparison and think it’s incredible anyone would even suggest so to be honest. Perspective needed!

• Like 5

I'm hearing that the best right back at the club has been dropped in favour of a centre half who isn't really a good right back. If that decision is in the best interests of this club then I will plait piss.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

As I see it in Kean's time we were struggling at the bottom of the Premier League and latterly near the top of the Championship.

From a solid PL club to ‘near the top of the Championship’… all in just 18 months, who needs five years, ay!

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

No Rev, I just see a bloke long past his sell by date stinking the place out, and guess what? It’s not those devious characters Venus or Waggot or TM himself that have let it drag out this far… it is your beloved owners.

That reads to me like you're arguing with him but agreeing with him.

That is exactly Rev's opinion. He feels more strongly about Mowbray BECAUSE he should really have gone 2 years ago instead of continuing to stink the place out.

He's not nefarious in the way Kean was, but he's certainly acted more like Kean this season, slagging off the fans on numerous occasions, telling us 'the SAS aren't here anymore' as if we think we should be winning the PL.

My own resentment comes from three places:

1. He should've gone 2 seasons ago.

2. He pretends he's nice but is really quite a snide guy when (fairly) criticised.

3. He's blown our best chance at promotion in a decade in spectacular fashion, and doesn't seem to give the slightest toss about it.

He's not as bad as Kean, but he's definitely getting there if he doesn't leave this summer. Remember there are folk who wanted him out after 5 games in L1, so it's not like he's covered himself in glory since.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Mowbray has gone stale and massively overstayed his welcome. 
He’s just turned out to be a terrible manager. Steve Kean absolutely rinsed this club, was a snake and general horror bag. I get we are all frustrated with Mowbray and our spectacular collapse, but I just don’t think people’s memories go back far enough if you’re saying Mowbray is as bad as Kean. There is genuinely no comparison and think it’s incredible anyone would even suggest so to be honest. Perspective needed!

Mowbray being worse than Kean were words that were incorrectly attributed to me by Matty who I generally agre with on all things Rovers related. 

I was just comparing and contrasting  my own personal feelings with those of Jimmy. To summarise my position I wouldn't attribute any credit whatsoever to either Kean or Mowbray. I think my additional animosity towards Mowbray stems from the fact he's been here so much longer than he who must not be named. The cackhanded and not very subtle attempt by the Coventrio to try and repeat their shenanigans and get  Brockhall flogged off was also a massive turning point for me. 

You're right people's memories don't go back far enough, a lot of supporters now don't remember the days pre Jack, pre Walker Trust, pre Venky's when we didn't have the proverbial pot to widdle in yet various managers here performed with greater distinction than Mowbray ever could. Part of the problem is he is held up against the likes of Coyle or people who were only five minutes and gets an easy ride because of it.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

And that’s TM’s fault how?

It is all on the owners’ for letting this drag on, but they are Rev’s blind spot, so just put it all on some mediocre bloke from Teesside instead…

So it isn't TM's fault he's led us on a run of eleven points from fifteen games and blown the best chance of automatic promotion we 're ever going to get?

Isn't his fault he signed a load of garbage in January?

• Like 2

• Backroom
24 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

And that’s TM’s fault how?

It is all on the owners’ for letting this drag on, but they are Rev’s blind spot, so just put it all on some mediocre bloke from Teesside instead…

None of it is his fault, but his subsequent treatment of the fans and the players certainly is his fault.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I'm hearing that the best right back at the club has been dropped in favour of a centre half who isn't really a good right back. If that decision is in the best interests of this club then I will plait piss.

Just heard the same. Sign of signing on intentions maybe?

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So it isn't TM's fault he's led us on a run of eleven points from fifteen games and blown the best chance of automatic promotion we 're ever going to get?

Isn't his fault he signed a load of garbage in January?

Of course results are down to the manager, however as he should’ve long gone, it’s ultimately down to the owners. That’s how football works (well apart from here).

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Pretty sure TM has previously stated that he won't drop (dare to drop maybe?) any of Lenihan, Hecke or Wharton.

He loves subbing Nyambe, cut out the middle man and just drop him from the off.

• Like 1