BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

JDT making claims the players are as 'fit as can be' going into the new season and praising the work of Rosen. Also says he knows his starting 11.

Being that bit fitter than the opposition can make a big difference in this league, which with our youthful squad it should be a real possibility too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

JDT making claims the players are as 'fit as can be' going into the new season and praising the work of Rosen. Also says he knows his starting 11.

Being that bit fitter than the opposition can make a big difference in this league, which with our youthful squad it should be a real possibility too.

It's good to see and hear.

I think you'd have to go all the way back to rhe Hughes era where I thought we were one of the fittest sides in the league, which I took great pride in. Hopefully this is similar.

• Like 4

quite funny actually, although he doesn't seem aware of what it takes to actually get sacked by Venkys. After all, Mowbray still wasn't even sacked after another dreadful post crimbo meltdown. 

1 minute ago, Neal said:

quite funny actually, although he doesn't seem aware of what it takes to actually get sacked by Venkys. After all, Mowbray still wasn't even sacked after another dreadful post crimbo meltdown. 

how can anyone sit for 18 mins listening to that is beyond me, couldnt cope after 2 seconds

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Let's hope we can keep the intensity up for the full 90 minutes. So many late lapses last season.

3 hours ago, Neal said:

Whereas Berg and Appleton barely lasted any time at all. They're either ruthless or complacent depending on whether they like you, it's not as simple as it being really hard to get sacked here.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, windymiller7 said:

Dropped my daughter & her mate off at the open training session this morning. As she got out of the car I said "Tell JDT I said hello", you know, as you do jokingly.

She's just sent me a video of her saying exactly that to him after he'd signed her shirt & he replied "Say hello to your dad from me!" 😅 Top bloke!

That's brilliant! He said some very positive things about the open training day, how him and the team would sign every autograph if they could and how he wants to build a connection with the fans. 

Makes a change from the thinly-veiled attacks on the fanbase from Waggott and Mowbray. 

• Like 5

I always got the impression that Mowbray was also very personable at these sorts of events, as he was at things like fans forums where he had people saying on here how great a guy he was.

It is great that Tomasson is seemingly connecting with the fans but that can be acknowledged without making the previous manager out to be a monster. Even if it did end a bit sour with frustration from all sides.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I always got the impression that Mowbray was also very personable at these sorts of events, as he was at things like fans forums where he had people saying on here how great a guy he was.

It is great that Tomasson is seemingly connecting with the fans but that can be acknowledged without making the previous manager out to be a monster. Even if it did end a bit sour with frustration from all sides.

Is that response to my post? If so, where did I portray him as a 'monster'? 

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Is that response to my post? If so, where did I portray him as a 'monster'? 

Obviously tongue in cheek somewhat saying monster and not specific to you but there has been a common theme regarding comparing everything including how Tomasson is in public with Mowbray whilst using a false image of him. Mowbray seemed like a nice guy and was always willing to speak to fans and have his pictures taken at such events, lets not create a false image of him based on a bit of resentment when things went sour on the pitch right at the end. Glad of the change and excited to see how Tomasson does but your last sentence was unnecessary.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Obviously tongue in cheek somewhat saying monster and not specific to you but there has been a common theme regarding comparing everything including how Tomasson is in public with Mowbray whilst using a false image of him. Mowbray seemed like a nice guy and was always willing to speak to fans and have his pictures taken at such events, lets not create a false image of him based on a bit of resentment when things went sour on the pitch right at the end. Glad of the change and excited to see how Tomasson does but your last sentence was unnecessary.

Glad we agree that nobody was portrayed as a 'monster'. In your own words, your comment was 'unnecessary'. 

And I was just stating facts. Mowbray said some 'unnecessary' things in the press about the fans when the pressure was on due to the fact he wasn't very good at winning football matches. 

And you missed the point anyway, I wasn't talking about Mowbray's demeanour at open day's, I was talking about how JDT sees a connection with the fans as vital to move the club forward. Here are his comments:-

“We work hard and we will train an easy session on Monday and try to start that connection.  We would like to sign an autograph for every person that is there. We can’t manage that but hopefully we will get them signed throughout the season. Hopefully, we will get that connection because it is important. The first home game we will try and get that connection, the ping pong between the fans and players. They give us power and energy.”

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ossydave said:

We also have an excellent coach with fitness background in ben Rosen has worked with JDT before twice plus he worked at Southampton with Pochettino was there

3 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Dropped my daughter & her mate off at the open training session this morning. As she got out of the car I said "Tell JDT I said hello", you know, as you do jokingly.

She's just sent me a video of her saying exactly that to him after he'd signed her shirt & he replied "Say hello to your dad from me!" 😅 Top bloke!

excellent to know this. Its good that the players and JDT all met the fans today. Sadly wasn't attend myself but Rovers have said over 2k Rovers fans was there

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Glad we agree that nobody was portrayed as a 'monster'. In your own words, your comment was 'unnecessary'. 

And I was just stating facts. Mowbray said some 'unnecessary' things in the press about the fans when the pressure was on due to the fact he wasn't very good at winning football matches. 

And you missed the point anyway, I wasn't talking about Mowbray's demeanour at open day's, I was talking about how JDT sees a connection with the fans as vital to move the club forward. Here are his comments:-

“We work hard and we will train an easy session on Monday and try to start that connection.  We would like to sign an autograph for every person that is there. We can’t manage that but hopefully we will get them signed throughout the season. Hopefully, we will get that connection because it is important. The first home game we will try and get that connection, the ping pong between the fans and players. They give us power and energy.”

Then I don't get why Tomasson talking about signing autographs at an open training session and making a connection is comparable to Mowbray deflecting the attention away from his players in a poor run of form.

28 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Bumped into Scott and Adam's dad in Blackburn town centre today. Proud man, his two starting at Lincoln. Says the news from the training ground is positive, JDT a lot more modern, likes his one touch/two touch, faster moving game than the dinosaur TM.

by all accounts the mowbray training regime was virtually non existant,at times it looked that way on the pitch as well

• Like 4

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

excellent to know this. Its good that the players and JDT all met the fans today. Sadly wasn't attend myself but Rovers have said over 2k Rovers fans was there

Yeah, she absolutely loved it today. All the players were really friendly & spent lots of time signing autographs & posing for photos. 

Here's TK adding the final signature to her shirt (BBD has signed the back next to his name for those keen enough to try & identify them all! 😄)

IMG-20220725-WA0033.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

by all accounts the mowbray training regime was virtually non existant,at times it looked that way on the pitch as well

I'm hoping we bother to mark opposition players from throw-ins this year.

That infuriated me for 5 years under Mowbray. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Bumped into Scott and Adam's dad in Blackburn town centre today. Proud man, his two starting at Lincoln. Says the news from the training ground is positive, JDT a lot more modern, likes his one touch/two touch, faster moving game than the dinosaur TM.

Faster moving game eh ?

Inject that in to my veins.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Sounds like it was a holiday camp under Mowbray. 

• J*B unpinned this topic