BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

I get how when rovers put stuff out on social media it’s all fluff pieces. But once just once I’d like to see journalists just go slightly paxman on him. For eg, when he said I’ve not seen a performance before challenge him on the previous fixture. Challenge his style by citing statistics of chances generated/goals conceded by passing out from the back. Challenge him on him mocking the Dutch disease then enacting a poor version of it.

I’ve always loved being a small club punching above our weight but in instances like this I’d love the weight of accountability for that of a club to manifest itself into a line of questioning. Not just him but all of the useless managers of the past decade 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

He's won the Swedish title in his last two seasons as a manager so I think is entitled to a fair crack of the whip and certainly deserves better than to be labelled a "fraud".

To be fair we’d all have a 50:50 chance of winning the bloody Swedish title. 

Your problem Mash is that you don’t seem to realise that folk hurt in the aftermath of a horrendous defeat, so of course they will come across as irrational and say things they probably wouldn’t a day later, it’s part and parcel with football fans, it’s a passionate pastime.

So maybe give the disapproving finger wagging a rest for once.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

He's won the Swedish title in his last two seasons as a manager so I think is entitled to a fair crack of the whip and certainly deserves better than to be labelled a "fraud".

Ok, he's not a fraud, he's just proving to be a poor championship manager, better?

"But we're 3rd", I hear you cry, well yes we are, for the time being. This is looking increasingly like a false position, unfortunately.

He sets the team up poorly, we have no shape, we concede possession cheaply and often in dangerous areas, we create very little meaningful attacks and our players are slow and second to most balls.

The journey, or whatever we are labelling it as these days, seems to be regressing at an alarming rate, torn to shreds by our 2 local rivals, shipping 7 goals and barely laying a glove on either one.

He needs to change his ideas quickly or we are going to slide a long way down this table.

But yeah, apart from that, he's fine.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Your problem Mash is that you don’t seem to realise that folk hurt in the aftermath of a horrendous defeat, so of course they will come across as irrational and say things they probably wouldn’t a day later, it’s part and parcel with football fans, it’s a passionate pastime.

So maybe give the disapproving finger wagging a rest for once.

Thanks. Unlike one or two others your post is courteous so thank you for that. I think it's more a case of me trying to present a more balanced view compared with some of the wilder arguments that appear on here. Given that I suspect that the decision makers at the club pay no notice at all to what appears on here it probably doesn't matter when what I think is dangerous nonsense is posted but I would hate to think that it might one day have some influence. It is the danger of social media. I remember long ago that in the first half of Howard Kendall's first season we lost 3-0 at home to Rotherham to have 7 points from 9 games in the third tier and go to the lowest league position in our history. There was no social media then, the directors kept faith with Kendall and he went on to be, with Dalglish, one of the two truly great managers we have had in living memory.

People need to be patient whatever the hurt, although I know some won't be.

2 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

He's not adding value or getting results. I'll await to hear what Gregg Broughton has to say about the manager he appointed. After all, he is Director of Football so he must be as embarrassed by this as anyone. 

Did Broughton actually appoint him ??

I got the impression they couldn't agree terms with 2 or 3 targets ( maybe they didn't realistically exist ) .

Then not having a manager whilst having all summer to find one JDT turns up ...Not long after Broughton ..

20 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

thats jdt`s big problem,he still thinks he`s in sweden where walking football is played,someone should tell him he`s in england where it`s competetive everywhere,even down to schoolboy level

He surely can't think that, he spent most of his playing career at the very highest level (including in England albeit briefly). He must know, especially by now, what the Championship is about.

But, if he didn't learn from Wigan, Cardiff etc earlier in the season, and he clearly didn't learn from the Dingles disgrace.....will it be any different after today? If we carry on playing in this way, we'll plummet down the table.

2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Thanks. Unlike one or two others your post is courteous so thank you for that. I think it's more a case of me trying to present a more balanced view compared with some of the wilder arguments that appear on here. Given that I suspect that the decision makers at the club pay no notice at all to what appears on here it probably doesn't matter when what I think is dangerous nonsense is posted but I would hate to think that it might one day have some influence. It is the danger of social media. I remember long ago that in the first half of Howard Kendall's first season we lost 3-0 at home to Rotherham to have 7 points from 9 games in the third tier and go to the lowest league position in our history. There was no social media then, the directors kept faith with Kendall and he went on to be, with Dalglish, one of the two truly great managers we have had in living memory.

People need to be patient whatever the hurt, although I know some won't be.

I remember the Rotherham game Rod Fern made a mess of us ...Also the Blackpool game away just before or after ..We lost again .

The one thing in those days men were men ...Howard Kendall was one helluva  player who at times carried us through ..

He surrounded himself with seasoned pros , Faz , Keeley , Metcalfe , Parkes etc Full backs who could tackle Basil and Brannagan ..And a very young Simon ( who Kendall was going to sell )

I cannot see the present incumbent doing similar .  

Until he proves he can change a game from a losing position and turn things around he'll never be a good manager imo,part of me is hoping BBD has an slight injury because taking off our no1 goal threat just as we got back into the game in a derby game is unforgivable if he wasn't injured.

4 minutes ago, frosty said:

He surely can't think that, he spent most of his playing career at the very highest level (including in England albeit briefly). He must know, especially by now, what the Championship is about.

But, if he didn't learn from Wigan, Cardiff etc earlier in the season, and he clearly didn't learn from the Dingles disgrace.....will it be any different after today? If we carry on playing in this way, we'll plummet down the table.

i don`t think he`ll change,i think he`ll try and get better players and if he can`t or he does and it still fails then he`ll be off on his own accord

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Did Broughton actually appoint him ??

I got the impression they couldn't agree terms with 2 or 3 targets ( maybe they didn't realistically exist ) .

Then not having a manager whilst having all summer to find one JDT turns up ...Not long after Broughton ..

I think your last line answers your question. He probably didn't 'appoint' him, but he certainly recommended him. No coincidence JDT joined soon after GB....which was after quite a few weeks of Waggott struggling to appoint anyone. If you remember the plan was to appoint the manager first and then the DoF. That went out of the window, we appointed Gb and then JDT quickly followed. 

I am a Danish fan of JDT and have been hard core fan for 25 years, without knowing him personally, I think I almost know him inside out.

First, please excuse my poor English. English is not my first language 😊

JDT has an amazing personality, very clever and extremely ambitious. A true winner type.

Personally, I was surprised to learn, that he accepted a job in England in the Championship, as his former interviews pointed him in another direction. He has expressed ambitions of becoming coach of Feyenoord (his hometeam) and of becoming coach of an Italian team in Serie A.

I don’t know whats happening right now. I know for a fact, that JDT is a fantastic and ambitious coach. Maybe he is just not right for an English Team? Is he expecting too much of the players?

I have no doubts, Dack was in the line-up in order to please the fans after the Burnley match, to make amends to the poor result.

Jon has a way to work the media. You have all become familiar with his charming smile and also of his frases. He is known by the Danish press to be difficult to work with. However my opinion is, that he has learned a lot, in Championship far more open then he used to be. Whenever he is under pressure, you  can tell by his body language. Smiling, smirking, scratching his head etc,

I know a lot of you wants JDT out. Well, as a fan, I am disappointed too. I am thinking, that JDT may not be suitable for English football. But he is such a talent, and I love his vision.

I would gladly take him of your hands and put him right back on the Danish National Team. When JDT was coach, we were undefeated for 28 games. Afterwards Denmark has suffered the most embarrassing defeat at the World Cup.

Today was an embarring performance from the Rovers. I cheer for England to night

• Like 4

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

I get how when rovers put stuff out on social media it’s all fluff pieces. But once just once I’d like to see journalists just go slightly paxman on him. For eg, when he said I’ve not seen a performance before challenge him on the previous fixture. Challenge his style by citing statistics of chances generated/goals conceded by passing out from the back. Challenge him on him mocking the Dutch disease then enacting a poor version of it.

I’ve always loved being a small club punching above our weight but in instances like this I’d love the weight of accountability for that of a club to manifest itself into a line of questioning. Not just him but all of the useless managers of the past decade 

He's not good at answering he just waffles and suddenly seems to lose his grasp on the English language.

Looked and sounded lost today just like after the last abomination and to be fair the SKY guy asked more pressing questions than the pansies at the LT or Radio Lancs will ever ask. He was basically saying why do your team feck about with it so much and over play it at the back.

If he isn't yapping about the fans or throwing the 'young' excuse out then he doesn't say much at all. We all know what the issues are as do the opposition now but just like his predecessor he purposely ignoring it and taking no accountability although unlike Mowbray he will at least say it's ctrap when it is.

5 minutes ago, Danishfan said:

I am a Danish fan of JDT and have been hard core fan for 25 years, without knowing him personally, I think I almost know him inside out.

JDT has an amazing personality, very clever and extremely ambitious. A true winner type.

Personally, I was surprised to learn, that he accepted a job in England in the Championship, as his former interviews pointed him in another direction. He has expressed ambitions of becoming coach of Feyenoord (his hometeam) and of becoming coach of an Italian team in Serie A.

I don’t know whats happening right now. I know for a fact, that JDT is a fantastic and ambitious coach. Maybe he is just not right for an English Team? Is he expecting too much of the players?

I have no doubts, Dack was in the line-up in order to please the fans after the Burnley match, to make amends to the poor result.

Jon has a way to work the media. You have all become familiar with his charming smile and also of his frases. He is known by the Danish press to be difficult to work with. However my opinion is, that he has learned a lot, in Championship far more open then he used to be. Whenever he is under pressure, you  can tell by his body language. Smiling, smirking, scratching his head etc,

I know a lot of you wants JDT out. Well, as a fan, I am disappointed too. I am thinking, that JDT may not be suitable for English football. But he is such a talent, and I love his vision.

I would gladly take him of your hands and put him right back on the Danish National Team. When JDT was coach, we were undefeated for 28 games. Afterwards Denmark has suffered the most embarrassing defeat at the World Cup.

Today was an embarring performance from the Rovers. I cheer for England to night

Thanks for your input but you are wrong in your assertion that a lot of fans want him out. My frustration is that he is one dimensional and there is very little variation in play or tactics. He is asking sub standard players to do something they aren't really capable of and 22 games in it doesn't appear he knows this. In my view he comes across as arrogant and stubborn. With some difficult games coming up he will feel the wrath of the crowd if he carries on trying to play the way he is.

By the way your English is fine.😁😁

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Thanks for your input but you are wrong in your assertion that a lot of fans want him out. My frustration is that he is one dimensional and there is very little variation in play or tactics. He is asking sub standard players to do something they aren't really capable of and 22 games in it doesn't appear he knows this. In my view he comes across as arrogant and stubborn. With some difficult games coming up he will feel the wrath of the crowd if he carries on trying to play the way he is.

By the way your English is fine.😁😁

Thank you for your kind response 🙂

I agree, that he can come of as arrogant and stubborn sort of type,, but that is not his intention. He is foot ball intelligent and is sacrificing a lot to coach Rovers, leaving his kids, wife and family behind. He is going all in for Rovers 🙂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Danishfan said:

I agree, that he can come of as arrogant and stubborn sort of type,, but that is not his intention. He is foot ball intelligent and is sacrificing a lot to coach Rovers, leaving his kids, wife and family behind. He is going all in for Rovers 🙂

I used to work at a place that involved a lot of working away from home for weeks on end. Some guys loved that, some guys hated it. Some wives loved them being away also. Just saying. 

2 minutes ago, Danishfan said:

For all of his intelligence he does some downright stupid things. Out of position players even though he's seen it doesn't work. Hedges and Brittain as wing backs - Brittain on the wrong side. Hedges was playing well further forward, Brittain was playing great on his preferred side.

He has no idea how to get a tune out of Dack. Could he not ask one of the coaches, or even a fan?

No Ayala today.

Takes top scorer Brereton off moments after we score a goal which he assisted.

Continually playing a lightweight midfield, leaving Adam Wharton out altogether.

Today he could have played 4-4-1-1, played everyone in their preferred positions and given Preston a game.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Danishfan said:

In truth we have seen very little of his football intelligence. We have gone behind in nine league games this season and lost them all. Surely that is not the record of an intelligent football man. He has played and managed in several different countries so I don't buy the away from the family argument. He knew that when he took the job and is being handsomely rewarded for it.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, arbitro said:

In truth we have seen very little of his football intelligence. We have gone behind in nine league games this season and lost them all. Surely that is not the record of an intelligent football man. He has played and managed in several different countries so I don't buy the away from the family argument. He knew that when he took the job and is being handsomely rewarded for it.

But we are still in top of the League? Are you questioning his dedication?

I hope, he is rewarded for his value

Edited by Danishfan
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Danishfan said:

I still believe in JDT and what he wants to build here. We are well above where I thought we would be. Very disappointed by today's terrible result but still faith in JDT and I do feel that he will take us to PL if people give him time and patience and allow him to build the team he wants here. I do think he has to go back to playing 4-2-3-1 formation and drop the 3-4-2-1 formation. 

2 hours ago, booth said:

He has no idea how to get a tune out of Dack. Could he not ask one of the coaches, or even a fan?

Takes top scorer Brereton off moments after we score a goal which he assisted.

Brereton did nothing at game. 

I wouldn't built the team around Dack either. 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I still believe in JDT and what he wants to build here. We are well above where I thought we would be. Very disappointed by today's terrible result but still faith in JDT and I do feel that he will take us to PL if people give him time and patience and allow him to build the team he wants here. I do think he has to go back to playing 4-2-3-1 formation and drop the 3-4-2-1 formation. 

Brereton did nothing at game. 

I wouldn't built the team around Dack either. 

Are you happy with this playing out from the back, suicidal football?