BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

39 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

jdt is different to mowbray as in he`s ambitious and not content to just pick his wages up

Mowbray was ambitious and really wanted well for Rovers.. he soon found how this club is run, the owners the ceo .. that ambition was drained from him, we saw his demeanour change a year after the promotion season.

JDT looks like he's already cottoned on this is a club going nowhere and is run by complete and utter fools..his demeanour has changed already in my eyes, gun ho tactics and doesn't seem as bubbly.

I should have added "look at the goals we're conceding." You can't lose 4-1 at home and claim bad luck.

We are shipping goals for fun. And if we don't stiffen up defensively with more mid-field cover we won't be winning very many and we'll be relegated.

Can't blame Travis and Wharton whatever short-comings they might have. They can't be everywhere.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Mowbray was ambitious and really wanted well for Rovers.. he soon found how this club is run, the owners the ceo .. that ambition was drained from him, we saw his demeanour change a year after the promotion season.

JDT looks like he's already cottoned on this is a club going nowhere and is run by complete and utter fools..his demeanour has changed already in my eyes, gun ho tactics and doesn't seem as bubbly.

Spot on.

7 hours ago, ItsRoverZ said:

But he stayed around for five years. He was happy to trundle along in such a safe job under no pressure. In League One he had the biggest budget by far and was given millions to spend. In some ways I don't blame him as he was almost guaranteed five years on good money to tread water and he went along with it. And on several occasions he publicly tried to dumb down our expectations.

And the story is that on two successive January windows he had money left from his transfer budget.

Edited by arbitro
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, rigger said:

Your thoughts are an opinion, the results and goals against column are facts.

Of course..... but my point is setting us up in a different way could yield better results (as we saw last year). Our defensive options are virtually unchanged from the majority of last season. 

So not sure really how what you said contradicts my point! Unless of course tactics/manager/set up make no difference....

10 hours ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Mowbray was already throwing cold water on any ambitions the rest of us may have had the minute we got promoted.

• Like 5

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Mowbray was already throwing cold water on any ambitions the rest of us may have had the minute we got promoted.

Lol yeah, didn't see literally come out and say that he stopped the owners from putting money in to build momentum for a further push? He'd rather "build slowly" which, as it turned out, meant hang around for 5 years making us incrementally better but never quite good enough. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, ItsRoverZ said:

He stood there and basically said he'd talked the owners out of going for the double bounce and yes he wanted well for the club but in his eyes that was a stable plod to midtable safetly land year on year.

I'm a fan of JDT. I think with backing he could actually get us promoted. He's not perfect, but he's certainly improved a number of our players. 

However, it is also worth remembering the form we have shown this season is a continuation of the dire results at the end of last season.

Purely looking at league games:

First 35 league games - 18 wins (51.4% win rate) up to and including the excellent 1-0 win over Sheffield United at home. We were sitting 4th in the league at that point after winning four on the bounce.

The next 20 league games - 5 wins (25% win rate).

A club winning more than 50% of their games should be aiming for promotion not to avoid relegation. 

Unfortunately, budget cuts, lack of leaders/experience on the pitch, overly attacking set up and lack of a fit striker are all hurting us. JDT has to take responsibility for the overly attacking set up - but the rest of the decline is the fault of the owners/administration. Not even sure he can take the full responsibility for Pears as I feel Kaminski would have been first choice had we not been forced to sell. 

• Like 3

He's enough about him to turn it around but just hope the squad has and i think they have they just need to dig a win out quickly.

One of the issues for me is he seems to have tried to move the project forward on the pitch by too much of  stretch without getting the backing he deserved and it so desperately needed.

Wrong call it needed a rethink as the second half of last season was a struggle with a stronger group.

Edited by tomphil