BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

1 minute ago, MrT said:

The only constant in the last 13.3 years is venkys.

I wouldn’t dream of letting my staff take a bullet for me. Also if they are unfit for purpose a P45 works wonders 

their name is over the door simple.

Amen 👍

• Like 2

Ironically this is one of the times Waggot has done right by JDT in pulling him from the presser. The club has a duty of care over all employees and to put JDT out there in a club sanctioned duty while aware of JDT's state of mind and demeanour could have bit them on the arse. I remember John Gregory & Aston Villa getting fined £10's of thousands back in the day after Villa allowed Gregory to do media after Dwight Yorke joined Man Utd where Gregory said "If I'd Had A Gun I Would Have Shot Dwight Yorke". So them actually be proactive for once and not letting JDT have the chance of ruining his reputation (the clubs is shot so who really care about that at this point) is a good thing.

22 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

The mess at Rovers isn’t all down to Venkys. This is down to the amateurs and incompetent management in charge at Ewood. It’s not unusual sadly. Tomasson has had an eye opener over the past 2 seasons on how this declining little island operates. 

It's ALL down to them...who employs  the management?

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, unsall said:

JDT going nowhere, Rover’s stopped him giving interview to protect him from talking about transfers, GB will be doing that in due course.

I thought that might be, but surely all JDT / press officer has to say is that JDT is not taking questions on transfers, GB will be doing that on Monday.

• Like 2

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

Ironically this is one of the times Waggot has done right by JDT in pulling him from the presser. The club has a duty of care over all employees and to put JDT out there in a club sanctioned duty while aware of JDT's state of mind and demeanour could have bit them on the arse. I remember John Gregory & Aston Villa getting fined £10's of thousands back in the day after Villa allowed Gregory to do media after Dwight Yorke joined Man Utd where Gregory said "If I'd Had A Gun I Would Have Shot Dwight Yorke". So them actually be proactive for once and not letting JDT have the chance of ruining his reputation (the clubs is shot so who really care about that at this point) is a good thing.

We don't know JDT's state of mind or demeanour so stating this as fact rather than opinion isn't helpful. 

If the manager is so angry about the transfer window and state of the club that he's being blocked from speaking to the press then you can't spin that as a good thing. It's an untenable situation that, if true, would leave little choice but for JDT to leave. How can the players believe in the coach if he's made it clear he doesn't think they are good enough for what he wants? 

• Like 4

Must be the first time in football history that a manager/head coach has been banned from giving a pre-match interview to 'protect' him from talking about transfers.

Protect him from what? They've never been bothered before and he's had plenty of difficult transfer related business put to him.

Wouldn't trust these clowns as far as I could throw them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

We don't know JDT's state of mind or demeanour so stating this as fact rather than opinion isn't helpful. 

If the manager is so angry about the transfer window and state of the club that he's being blocked from speaking to the press then you can't spin that as a good thing. It's an untenable situation that, if true, would leave little choice but for JDT to leave. How can the players believe in the coach if he's made it clear he doesn't think they are good enough for what he wants? 

We have all seen his pressers/media the last 6 months he is not afraid to take jabs/mock Waggott his state of mind and demeanour has been eaten away over a period of time, he isn't the jolly happy go lucky manager that arrived in June 2022.

It might be an untenable situation or he might grin and bear it until an oportunity arises, ultimatley though if its untenable it's on the club to sack him and pay him off or mutually agree a package with him to leave, not for him to walk away with nothing.

31 minutes ago, MrT said:

The only constant in the last 13.3 years is venkys.

I wouldn’t dream of letting my staff take a bullet for me. Also if they are unfit for purpose a P45 works wonders 

their name is over the door simple.

We all know Venkys take very little interest in what happens at Ewood, unless money is involved

And we all know who is responsible for the day-to-day management of the club. The latest farce is yet another example of their incompetence and poor decision-making.

The club could function properly, even with our arrogant, absentee owners. But these aren't good people in the Ewood boardroom. That must be obvious    

16 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I thought that might be, but surely all JDT / press officer has to say is that JDT is not taking questions on transfers, GB will be doing that on Monday.

Yes agree, would have been the right thing to do.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Spankus Munky said:

We have all seen his pressers/media the last 6 months he is not afraid to take jabs/mock Waggott his state of mind and demeanour has been eaten away over a period of time, he isn't the jolly happy go lucky manager that arrived in June 2022.

It might be an untenable situation or he might grin and bear it until an oportunity arises, ultimatley though if its untenable it's on the club to sack him and pay him off or mutually agree a package with him to leave, not for him to walk away with nothing.

There's a difference between the jabs he's made and coming out and going scorched earth on the club, which has to be the suggestion of what was going to happen if he was blocked from attending the press conference. Either way we don't know at the moment so it's all speculation until our shambles of a leadership clarifies what in the world is going on. 

I would agree that at a normal club the onus would be on them to remove the manager if they feel the situation has reached an untenable point. This isn't a normal club, however, so JDT has to consider his own reputation and how much it could be damaged by remaining at this circus for too much longer. For the past year he's sucked it up and continued on amidst the nonsense happening above him, but at some point he may have to accept enough is enough and move on for his own sake. You'd think it has to be a pretty miserable working environment for him at this point. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DE. said:

A much more reasoned and polite response that I was composing.

I owe you one.

6 minutes ago, DE. said:

I would agree that at a normal club the onus would be on them to remove the manager if they feel the situation has reached an untenable point. This isn't a normal club, however, so JDT has to consider his own reputation and how much it could be damaged by remaining at this circus for too much longer. For the past year he's sucked it up and continued on amidst the nonsense happening above him, but at some point he may have to accept enough is enough and move on for his own sake. You'd think it has to be a pretty miserable working environment for him at this point. 

Oh sure but would you walk away from a potential £500k+ pay-off with no job on offer elsewhere? I know I wouldn't no matter how misserable I am, and my employers would be in no doubt how pissed of I am. The only way to get rid is pay me what's needed for me to leave.

5 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

Oh sure but would you walk away from a potential £500k+ pay-off with no job on offer elsewhere? I know I wouldn't no matter how misserable I am, and my employers would be in no doubt how pissed of I am. The only way to get rid is pay me what's needed for me to leave.

https://www.expressen.se/kvallsposten/sport/fotboll/allsvenskan/just-nu-tomasson-lamnar-malmo-ff/

27 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

It's all very odd. Why did LT say block. That makes it seem negative. What do they know that we don't? Why not just say rather than making it all speculative 

Think it’s the wording from LT that’s causing the hysteria, block was probably the wrong word.

Lets see what JDT has to say after the match and hopefully in a good mood with a win.

• Like 1

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

Depends on my financial situation. I would assume JDT is not living paycheck to paycheck and would be able to find work elsewhere with his reputation and his achievements last season with us and Malmo recently. I can't imagine he'd be destitute the moment he left Rovers. Sometimes it's about more than just money. 

I listened to the Radio Lancs sport preview show last night specifically because of what happened with JDT's presser. Andy Bayes felt it was completely unprecedented and the consensus was that JDT feels he was missold the clubs ambitions and that tensions have increased over recent weeks as we're limping from window to window with patch-up jobs. They were already anticipating that he wouldn't be here next season and now wouldn't be surprised if he departs in the next few days.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, unsall said:

Think it’s the wording from LT that’s causing the hysteria, block was probably the wrong word.

Lets see what JDT has to say after the match and hopefully in a good mood with a win.

As others have alluded to, Elliott Jackson isn’t exactly a hard faced journo, so I think if there was a more innocent explanation for JDT’s absence yesterday, he’d have reported it.

Whatever happens over the next few days, it is definitely extremely unusual to prevent a manager / head coach conducting his pre-match media conference.

That is the story which has caused all the speculation, not how the local paper has described it.

15 minutes ago, unsall said:

You can take the word block, replace it with anything prevent, request, politely invite.

The only question anyone should be asking is WHY??

And no answer to that looks good on the club however its spun. 

Now why would there be hysteria ?

Whatever reason, his bosses seemingly have undermined the manager again. That cannot be positive

Edited by Bronzed A Donis
Typos
  • Like 1