BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

8 minutes ago, booth said:

If you sign a contract and then break it, I'm sure that technically they could do yes.

i`ve had colleagues walk out various reasons,can`t recall any of them getting sued for breach of contract,they just did`nt get their monthly pay or anything owed to them,got to be the same contractual situation has`nt it,football is still a job after all

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

i`ve had colleagues walk out various reasons,can`t recall any of them getting sued for breach of contract,they just did`nt get their monthly pay or anything owed to them,got to be the same contractual situation has`nt it,football is still a job after all

The fact they weren’t sued doesn’t mean they couldn’t have been.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

When was the last time a company paid to get you to switch firms? Football contracts are not regular employment contracts

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

JDT in his post match press conference as open and honest with the fans as he can been. He is very ambitious and he wants to get this club back to the PL and stay there. No didn't come here to be lower mid table championship head coach. 

Sadly there is no ambition from those above apart from GB about getting back to the PL

And the project he signed up for is clearly not what he’s experiencing. Shame really. Seems the owners treat coaches, dof and payers on trans Atlantic flights the same. 

• Like 2

I love the football that JDT has tried to play but he hasn't got the players, he's never been backed and never had a chance.

However, he is the manager, he has no plan B and neither him or this squad could survive a relegation battle .

Time to go

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

JDT in his post match press conference as open and honest with the fans as he can been. He is very ambitious and he wants to get this club back to the PL and stay there. No didn't come here to be lower mid table championship head coach. 

Sadly there is no ambition from those above apart from GB about getting back to the PL

Especially not from GB.

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it`s an impossible job working under venkys,it does`nt matter who the manager is tbh

Working under FFP is hard as it is. Now that Venky's can't inject cash it's even worse... sign League One players and you become a League One team.

I really feel for JDT but we never looked like winning today. It was tough to watch, we just can't get going. Needed Chrisene to score with his right foot early doors, or Dolan passing to the league's top scorer Szmodics who would've been clean through on goal. 

Didn't adjust to QPR and their counters at all. Same as watching Huddersfield. Crazy. 

I was unsure after the game but JDT looked fired up and I don't think he'll quit. Convinced me, and I don't care that he's taking the fight publicly. It's the right thing to do. 100% has my support. Wenky's can f off.

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Especially not from GB.

What do you expect GB to do? Sign Mbappe and De Gea and Bellingham? 

Gets told he has to generate transfer funds to spend and then it turns out those funds have to be used largely for running costs. Wage budget gets slashed too, so harder to attract the better free agents. Even those he may be able to sign (Baath) get vetoed from above. 

Both are working with their hands and feet tied behind them. Easy to say quit in protest but some people need a livelihood or have integrity when they've signed up to a job. It's those around them and above them that could do with he same. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

Watched the post match presser. So weird 

Surely if JDT has any self respect he'll quit? Alternative is he just hangs around waiting for a pay off which is a bad look for his career.

He can't just keep leaving jobs. You don't want that reputation in football

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alex l said:

What do you expect GB to do? Sign Mbappe and De Gea and Bellingham? 

Gets told he has to generate transfer funds to spend and then it turns out those funds have to be used largely for running costs. Wage budget gets slashed too, so harder to attract the better free agents. Even those he may be able to sign (Baath) get vetoed from above. 

Both are working with their hands and feet tied behind them. Easy to say quit in protest but some people need a livelihood or have integrity when they've signed up to a job. It's those around them and above them that could do with he same. 

Any sign he's unhappy like JDT? Not a chance, another one riding the gravy train with Waggott  until the bitter end

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Any sign he's unhappy like JDT? Not a chance, another one riding the gravy train with Waggott  until the bitter end

how do you know he's not? 

JDT didn't blame GB for the McGuire problem but Waggott, Suhail and the owners. So what the hell is going here again? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

He can't just keep leaving jobs. You don't want that reputation in football

True but hes got a golden opportunity now to get off the sinking ship and blame it on the owners. If he sticks around he could end up with a relegation on his CV.

From my perspective I am a bit conflicted - changing the manager with the utter chaos going on does not seem sensible. But on the other hand JDTs tactical instincts are the absolute opposite if what we need in a relegation battle. And he must be pretty low in morale and enthusiasm which is hardly what you want from your leader in this situation.

5 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Watched the post match presser. So weird 

Surely if JDT has any self respect he'll quit? Alternative is he just hangs around waiting for a pay off which is a bad look for his career.

I suspect he is not an employee - more a party to a contract that can only be ended with mutual agreement or some form of financial compensation. Technically he could be prevented from taking a new job, not be paid, fined and dragged through the courts if he “quit” depending on how the contract is worded

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

how do you know he's not? 

JDT didn't blame GB for the McGuire problem but Waggott, Suhail and the owners. So what the hell is going here again? 

Well Waggott/Suhail specifically.

I've no idea what's going on but it's not good for the reputation of the Club to put it mildly and if the Mcguire deal goes the same way as the O Brien one then it's the innocent players stuck in the middle you have to feel sorry for.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

You sign an NDA when you start a job

No, you sign a NDA when you leave a job - these days they are called 'Settlement Agreements' and their use is intended to protect employers from facing claims for unfair dismissal after they have paid someone to leave unexpectedly.

Should JDT be offered a package to walk away, payment will be dependent on him signing a Settlement Agreement (also known as a gagging clause).

• Like 2