BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

4 hours ago, 47er said:

Foe a start he hasn't got a striker worthy of the name. Our squad is also short on numbers as the injuries mounted up.

Exactly as forecast on here. IfJDT didn't "moan" in these circumstances it would be very odd.

If we look at that team that started vs QPR we should be beating them. I’m not talking about being top 6, we should be better than 5 points in front of the bottom 3!

• Like 1

We are on a downward spiral regardless of who the manager is or will be.

It is inevitable when owned by a family of See You Tuesdays*.

* My thanks to BRFCS posters for also introducing shills, melts and epsilons and Google for the explanations.

* Never Too Old To Lean

#RaosSeeYouNextTuesday

#LoveRoversHateRaos

#LRHR

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, the original david brent said:

With 10 to go, and desperate for a goal, why not send on John Fleck? The lad has played at a higher level than anyone else in our squad. Instead he brings on subs who actually weakened the team. The epitome of his ego getting in the way…. I can’t possibly bring on Fleck because he isn’t up to speed with my system. 

I'd be very surprised if Fleck is up to speed with any system. He has played 89 minutes all season, and the last of those was on 6th December. He hadn't even sat a bench in a month and a half. Suffered a broken leg for the second time in the summer. Doubt he will play much, or impress much when he does.

Don't think you can say he has played at a higher level than anyone else either, unless he has scored in the Champions League in a win over Real Madrid at the Bernabeu.

16 minutes ago, the original david brent said:

I like JDT as a person. In the right club he will be a very successful manager. Even though we missed out on the play offs last season, it was an exciting season, particularly with the cup runs. I feel for him having to work under clowns.

However we are going down with him in charge. He has lost the heart for it. The revelation he offered to leave in summer speaks volumes. Ive heard from a very credible source that he has lost the players and morale is at an all time low.

Yesterday the QPR manager never stopped remonstrating on the touchline. Conversely JDT was hiding away in the corner, sinking  into his chair. What kind of message does that send to the players?

Tactically he has lost the plot. Anybody with half a football brain can see we need to tighten up at the back, go back to basics with aiming for a clean sheet and rebuild. Instead he persists with this inverted attacking full back philosophy; how many times did QPR exploit this? 

What were the substitutions about? How has Moran played a full game? How has Hyam played a full game? How has Sigurdson not been criticised by him for hiding away on the left?

Hyam is becoming a massive disappointment and should have been hauled off. Mcfadezean did more on the sideline with his encouragement than Hyam did on the pitch.

With 10 to go, and desperate for a goal, why not send on John Fleck? The lad has played at a higher level than anyone else in our squad. Instead he brings on subs who actually weakened the team. The epitome of his ego getting in the way…. I can’t possibly bring on Fleck because he isn’t up to speed with my system. 

Sadly JDT’s ego, with his stubbornness of playing ‘that way’, is sending us down and to oblivion. 

So he should be relieved of his duties it's that simple and it's over to those whose job it is to do it but he won't walk now and they won't pay him off.

So they've created a stalemate between them that is dragging the club down.

I'd sack the effing lot of them.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'd be very surprised if Fleck is up to speed with any system. He has played 89 minutes all season, and the last of those was on 6th December. He hadn't even sat a bench in a month and a half. Suffered a broken leg for the second time in the summer. Doubt he will play much, or impress much when he does.

Don't think you can say he has played at a higher level than anyone else either, unless he has scored in the Champions League in a win over Real Madrid at the Bernabeu.

He has played over 60 times in the premier league. 
Have any of our current squad played in the premier league? Or for that matter in any of the top 5 elite leagues in Europe? Off the top of my head I can’t think of any. 

9 minutes ago, the original david brent said:

Have any of our current squad played in the premier league? Or for that matter in any of the top 5 elite leagues in Europe? Off the top of my head I can’t think of any. 

Telalovic 

🤪🤪

• Like 2

I think it sums up the state of the boardroom and clowns running the show that they haven’t sacked JDT. I can’t think of another club in the league that wouldn’t change manager with the run we are on and the performance on the pitch. I looked last night and we are the only team in the bottom half who haven’t changed manager. I agree with everyone that the issues are wider spread than the manager but the fact they haven’t made a move just to try and keep us up this year sums up how they run this club 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Galgaterover10 said:

I think it sums up the state of the boardroom and clowns running the show that they haven’t sacked JDT. I can’t think of another club in the league that wouldn’t change manager with the run we are on and the performance on the pitch. I looked last night and we are the only team in the bottom half who haven’t changed manager. I agree with everyone that the issues are wider spread than the manager but the fact they haven’t made a move just to try and keep us up this year sums up how they run this club 

Forgive me if I'm wrong but hasn't it been circulated that jdt offered to leave at the start of the season but the club wanted him to pay out his contract?  If so, you'd imagine they don't want to pay him out either 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DE. said:

You have to think it will make younger, ambitious managers think twice about coming here going forward. JDT's outspoken nature has revealed clearly to everyone that he's been lied to, messed around and then kept here against his will despite offering to leave for free on good terms. Anyone with sense and options is going to give us a wide berth, leaving us with chancers, managers in the last chance saloon and total unknown punts

Rhyming slang. I like it. And probably true.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, DE. said:

You have to think it will make younger, ambitious managers think twice about coming here going forward.

I thought there were something like 200 applicants after Steve Kean left Rovers. I imagine if a position was available to manage Blackburn then a lot of people will back themselves to make a difference or see it as an opportunity to get into management. It was a surprise to see JDT come to us considering he could have managed in the top leagues in Europe. We will always be an attractive club due to our history. Sadly we all know it doesn't matter who comes in when the owners and board are the ones in charge. Even Pep or Klopp would struggle. 

Edited by Tim Southampton Rover
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, the original david brent said:

Ayari, Moran, Gallagher, Telalovic. As that list shows, playing in the Prem is no guarantee of quality. The Champions League is also definitely one of the elite competitions in Europe, it definitely counts as top level experience.

It doesn't matter if somebody came from the Prem if their body isn't up to it anymore, especially if they're not match fit. Danny Murphy and Etuhu had played tons of games in the Prem and they were dogshit in our midfield at this level. Adam Wharton had never played a Prem game but he was worth 18 million.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Galgaterover10 said:

They have probably tried a few times, but got the paperwork wrong. 
They have asked permission to approach Ewood Day nursery to see if any of their under fives are free to help with it tomorrow. 

• Backroom
51 minutes ago, Tim Southampton Rover said:

I thought there were something like 200 applicants after Steve Kean left Rovers. I imagine if a position was available to manage Blackburn then a lot of people will back themselves to make a difference or see it as an opportunity to get into management. It was a surprise to see JDT come to us considering he could have managed in the top leagues in Europe. We will always be an attractive club due to our history. Sadly we all know it doesn't matter who comes in when the owners and board are the ones in charge. Even Pep or Klopp would struggle. 

Yeah, but that was ten years ago and we still had parachute payments and a competitive squad. Nowadays we're in a completely different situation. I'm sure there would still be a long list of applicants, but the quality of those applicants will - I imagine - be significantly less attractive. Especially if we stick with the Venky model of only going for managers who are out of work. 

1 hour ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I think JDT had every right to leave the club last summer - without financial penalty - if the job he'd signed up for had been drastically changed, which I think it had.

I can sort of see where they were coming from in summer as we'd just missed the play offs his stock was high. I suspect they though he had something in the pipeline and if he's honest he probably did.

Walking away from 2 years pay when you are popular and have been doing well ?

Nah not having it and i don't blame JDT he has his own affairs to look after but perhaps Rovers were right on that occasion.  Now though we are at a completely different juncture and last summer doesn't matter.

26 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Shambles if GB goes - as I said a few years back - SW probably brought him in to take pressure off himself 

Waggott is obviously an incompetent chancer but im unsure why you seem to view Broughton as almost flawless.

Mind you, all these people are just symptoms of the real problem as had been the case for 13 years or whatever it is.

• Like 1