BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

8 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Without being the meeting, it's difficult to work out how the discussion between fans and players unfolded, so I'm open-minded.  That said getting the players together with fans' groups should be a good thing, surely?

Didn't think you'd find anything wrong with it.

6 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

Not that you can blame them, but the body language of the players looks terrible in that clip. The old "what on earth am I doing here" vibe.

Yeah, terrible. 

Szmodics has his hand over his face, none of Gallagher, Hedges or Pears look bothered/interested in what's being said (can't blame them like as Waggots talking)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

Not that you can blame them, but the body language of the players looks terrible in that clip. The old "what on earth am I doing here" vibe.

Oh god yeah, I think it's Sammie da Szmo covering his face with his hand. 

Whenever anyone says "right you lot" I cringe inside. I can imagine Waggott saying things like "you lot" . "Right you lot, I've got the fans in, they've got something to say." 

It's like displacement activity. I'm a useless sod, but I'll leverage my authority to make it between the players and fans and get myself off the hook

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 1

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

who is the lad with his hands over his face in the clip

Szmodics, probably didn't read the part of his contract where it says "you will undertake any reasonable request made by Steve Waggott"

Poor bloke, probably wants out quick sharp.

Steve Waggott the ultimate grift artist.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I hope somebody slapped him around the face with a wet fish but I guess we’d have heard about that by now.

I'd agree with that but he looks like a man who'd enjoy it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, B16Rover said:

Apparently all the attendees have left with the optional gap insurance and a ceramic paint protect too 

Not a bad day at the office for old Waggon Waggot 

Knowing us they probably got given the paint protect but someone forgot to give them the car

6 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Seem to remember there was a similar scene in "The Damned United".

Obviously, didn't end well for Cloughie.

That was a meeting between Don Revie's senior players and the Chairman. They hung Cloughie out to dry.

Not a meeting where the fans were present as well.

Just when you think you couldn't see yet another new low under this regime up it pops!

WTF was Waggott thinking? Look at the reaction of the players! And who could blame them!

Venky's /Waggott/Broughton out!

Instead it looks like we're going to lose the one member of senior management with a shred of integrity instead.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheKitGuy said:

Wayne Rooney. Clowns in India will think a 'big name' will appease the fans because we get to look at wazza on the touchline. He will 100% be interviewed. 

They will be delighted they can pay him in chicken, pot noodles and Tesco Vodka.

1 hour ago, TheKitGuy said:

Wayne Rooney. Clowns in India will think a 'big name' will appease the fans because we get to look at wazza on the touchline. He will 100% be interviewed. 

That is sadly a strong possibility. He lives local. Big name. Feckin useless tho 

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Waggott trying to save face .Would this meeting have taken place if there wasn't any chanting against Waggott and the owners on Saturday?I think not 

JDT Isnt even gone yet and holding supporters and players meetings with no involvement from the head coach 

Our club is being sunk lower every day 

Trying to find a positive - at least it shows Waggott is rattled.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, booth said:

A bungling CEO.
Who oversaw a second January transfer window in which his staff got it spectacularly wrong.
The same man who heard chants at the weekend of "Waggott out".
Brings in senior players to tell the fans, to their faces, to not create a toxic atmosphere.

I'd say that's pretty cynical and shameless all things considered.

Maybe, but right now we need to get some points on the board.