BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

• Backroom

Would have been interesting to hear from the likes of Gallagher why he thinks the players are incapable of coming back into a match when we go behind. Can't blame JDT as that was going on during the Mowbray years too, and can't blame the fans either as booing is pretty infrequent overall. He's the only one from the so-called senior delegation who would have been able to give a longer term perspective. 

• Like 2

If JDT leaves, I can't see any way they will appoint someone new

With the cuts, Indian court problems & what we saw happen with transfers (only temporary until end of the season), why would anybody expect us to hire someone? It will be someone from within the club until summer.

• Like 3

Just now, Devon Rover said:

I agree with this. But I do want to add my thanks to J*B for attending and reporting back. 

What has been reported (and circulated), though, has only made me feel more angry and, despondent. I'm not sure the meeting really gained anything more than this kind of impact, did it?

I don't know under what circumstances attendees were invited. Was there anything in advance about questions and what could or couldn't be said? I have never gone into any meeting 'blind' and always had some idea of what it was about so I could prepare something. I'm not comfortable with the secrecy stuff, it really grates that there is something to hide when everything should be out in the open.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

After this meeting and the events of the last week- I genuinely think this up there with as embarrassed and ashamed as I’ve ever felt about the club.

*The people who run and own the club.

This football club and its supporters are the victims of this disgraceful operation.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

If JDT leaves, I can't see any way they will appoint someone new

With the cuts, Indian court problems & what we saw happen with transfers (only temporary until end of the season), why would anybody expect us to hire someone? It will be someone from within the club until summer.

Damien Johnson no doubt. 

41 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The airwaves alive with talk of JDT, senior players, the atmosphere/attendances at Ewood and what might have gone on at this hastily arranged secret meeting.

That, my friends, is how easy it is and precisely what Venkys, shadow man and Waggott want to happen.

Yep cleverly deflecting everything and now playing off players against the fans.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Mattyblue said:

*The people who run and own the club.

This football club and its supporters are the victims of this disgraceful operation.

Well yeah, seems like I typed out that too fast….

’As embarrassed and ashamed as I’ve ever been about this football club, since I started supporting them’.

• Like 3

I think it’s quite obvious JDT is leaving…We don’t need JB to confirm that. I presume the information that can’t be shared will be other members of the board getting the sack. 

Ideally it would be Waggot saying I’m leaving which I would celebrate massively.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, arbitro said:

We have plumbed new depths today. A meeting between supporters and players facilitated by a man who is really scraping the barrel. Players moaning because they heard some booing? I really am struggling to come to terms with the happenings and events of the last few days. I remember when several of the Fans Forum went to India. Over the months and years after some of them said they had been used as a publicity stunt. I can't help feeling the same right now as Waggott has run out of ideas and is using fans in a way that makes me uncomfortable.

Absolutely disgusted and ashamed!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ricky said:

J*B last paragraph is interesting. Something that they have agreed not to share yet, that sounds awfully like a manager having the boot.

Where can we read this ? The last paragraph? Cheers 

Just now, tomphil said:

Yep cleverly deflecting everything and now playing off players against the fans.

Hes definitely tried that and I’d put my life savings on him being the one to release the cctv. I defo think less of the players getting a violin out but all it’s done is make me hate swag even more. I think far from it deflecting attention off him it’ll back fire spectacularly 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Absolutely disgusted and ashamed!

I wonder if the players were actually told to say this. They are being paid to play right. Venkys don't want attention. What if the players don't care about the booing but were told to say it upsets them to stop the fans booing 

• Like 2

Just now, K-Hod said:

Well yeah, seems like I typed out that too fast….

’As embarrassed and ashamed as I’ve ever been about this football club, since I started supporting them’.

i thought batty and le saux fighting on the pitch was embarrasing but this is on a different level,it`s a new shambles every week,they keep getting worse,dorothy the laundry woman will be next to vent,they`ve taken my automatic washer away and given me a 1960`s twin tub

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, arbitro said:

What did anybody really think could be gained from such a meeting. Were the fans going to have a go at the likes of Hyam for getting rag-dolled by a centre forward every week or players lacking bottle as soon as we go behind. Or were the players giving some insight as to why we are losing so often, conceding so many goals from set pieces?I

Totally pointless and futile.

Hyam has moaned about the fans and crowds since he first turned up and we've ended up with a guy who is often one of the limpest on the pitch as club captain.

It's no wonder he's making an issue out of it, not his fault it's the fans.

See what i mean about victim mentality on all levels of the club it's pathetic if this was Boro/Millwall/Leeds/Sunderland they'd be getting torn a new one every week.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Hes definitely tried that and I’d put my life savings on him being the one to release the cctv. I defo think less of the players getting a violin out but all it’s done is make me hate swag even more. I think far from it deflecting attention off him it’ll back fire spectacularly 

What's the cctv ?   Haven't heard of that i'm just catching up.