BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

2 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

You perhaps should practice what you preach, because you are barking up the wrong tree, and quite frankly I have zero interest in what you have to say.

If your friends are gonna keep sending a dog, they ought to send a bigger one than you!!!!!!

Woooooof! 

I enjoyed that tbf 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I have a great deal of respect for the efforts you have put in over the years Glen but frankly this is pathetic. 

I'm sorry, but i will always defend my corner, when my motives are questioned.

I dont do hunt in packs mentality, I dont do alias's, and will have a grown up conversation with anybody.

I'm a very approachable person, and if people want to get insulting on a message board behind a keyboard, then i'm going to react, especially if they keep stoking the fire.

There is nothing I post on here, that I wouldnt repeat to their faces.

I knew who would comment on the post, as it was so predicatable. I'm.just waiting for the rest of the calvary, which im sure is on route 😉

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Brfcrule1 said:

Yes he did he said he couldn't wait any longer 

I dont recall reading that but may have missed it. Where did he say it?

1 hour ago, briansol said:

Based on Vale's performances since January I'd agree with Chaddy that he deserves to be part of the senior squad this season. Not a starter, but someone who can do a job. We should definetly look for someone who can challenge as a main striker, Vale for now is a squad player. There is very options in League 1/2 of strikers with potential currently. If you look at the scoring charts you'll find mostly experienced know-how players who do well at that level, but doesn't translate to Championship.

Scott Twine is the obvious forward target you'd want, but can't be classified as a striker and competition is huge. Also a bit of problem fitting him with both Dack and Markanday already options playing of a striker.

The main disagreement was the difference in numbers that we believe we need to sign on the assumption that all of these kids are good enough now.

Specific to Vale, you cant really judge against kids. He struggled earlier in the season in non league. I would personally look to loan him to League 1 or 2 and see if he can get regular goals, but either way, my point was more that if any of these kids break through, it should be seen as a bonus, not just assumed instead of signing players as the likelihood of a clutch of kids all breaking through at once with a 100% record is minimal. So if Vale is kept around, we still need an out an out striker as you say. Same with Garrett, Wharton, Phillips and Brown.

• Like 1

• Backroom
On 19/06/2022 at 23:11, glen9mullan said:

Wildly shakes his head 

I'm a big supporter of the trust (also ex secretary)

But wow this post was best unwritten.

How can you represent the members and not be compromised now SW is your friend?

I think you've crossed the line of no return.

You really don't come across as supporting the Trust in this post or any of your subsequent posts. Didn't see much wrong with Mhead2's post that would provoke such an irate reaction from you towards him and several disinterested posters. I use disinterested deliberately as a word choice, because it is clear to those still involved that John acts professionally and in a distinctly disinterested manner with Waggott as far as Trust engaged is concerned.

I respect what you did Glen, and I respect your founding involvement in the Trust, but you're not coming across well in attacking the Trust for daring to engage with the club in a friendly way.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Mike E said:

You really don't come across as supporting the Trust in this post or any of your subsequent posts. Didn't see much wrong with Mhead2's post that would provoke such an irate reaction from you towards him and several disinterested posters. I use disinterested deliberately as a word choice, because it is clear to those still involved that John acts professionally and in a distinctly disinterested manner with Waggott as far as Trust engaged is concerned.

I respect what you did Glen, and I respect your founding involvement in the Trust, but you're not coming across well in attacking the Trust for daring to engage with the club in a friendly way.

I questioned the phrase "he is my friend"

As an elected body, this is a very strange comment. 

As Duncan and others on the trust would vouch, and i do speak to them regularly, my support for the trust both privately and publically has always been positive, you can read the trust thread, which is just snippets of my feelings on the trust.

I know you are also on the trust Mike, and if people posing questions, is a problem then there needs to be a rethink.

Is there any minutes I can read regarding these meetings?

Regarding my other post, which had zero connection to the trust, but more so to the one or two idiots who appear now and again to chuck shit then disappear, then i meant every word.

Come on  how can I take people serious, who throw golf balls, Tennis Balls and Launch fireworks into a stadium when a match is on, with no regard to the safety of either the players or fans in the stadium who refused to boycott?

Choose your alliances wisely, as the wrong ones are far more damaging

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If you have come to such a firm conclusion that Vale is "more than good enough" following about an hour of senior football spread across 3 or 4 cameos to the extent that you would assume that he is ready and sign a player less as a result then fair enough. Just respect that I wouldn't assume that yet, I am not saying that he isn't good enough but simply that we don't know either way. 

Based on seeing the players live over the last 3 years including the under 18's and 23's. Before you say you can't judge on that. I said Travis was good enough for the 1st team when he performing excellent for the under 23's. That was in our promotion season from league 1

You keep saying he struggled at Halifax so how do you know that? Or is it based on number of goals scored there? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Based on seeing the players live over the last 3 years including the under 18's and 23's. Before you say you can't judge on that. I said Travis was good enough for the 1st team when he performing excellent for the under 23's. That was in our promotion season from league 1

You keep saying he struggled at Halifax so how do you know that? Or is it based on number of goals scored there? 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20062108.blackburn-rovers-jack-vales-challenge-take-next-step/

read the article chaddy

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont recall reading that but may have missed it. Where did he say it?

Towards the end of last season where he said he was going then decided to stay & see who the new manager was but said he couldn't wait around forever then a week later he was gone 

9 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

I questioned the phrase "he is my friend"

As an elected body, this is a very strange comment. 

As Duncan and others on the trust would vouch, and i do speak to them regularly, my support for the trust both privately and publically has always been positive, you can read the trust thread, which is just snippets of my feelings on the trust.

I know you are also on the trust Mike, and if people posing questions, is a problem then there needs to be a rethink.

Is there any minutes I can read regarding these meetings?

Regarding my other post, which had zero connection to the trust, but more so to the one or two idiots who appear now and again to chuck shit then disappear, then i meant every word.

Come on  how can I take people serious, who throw golf balls, Tennis Balls and Launch fireworks into a stadium when a match is on, with no regard to the safety of either the players or fans in the stadium who refused to boycott?

Choose your alliances wisely, as the wrong ones are far more damaging

John describes himself (and the Trust) as the 'critical friend' of the club, and I think that is strategically exactly the right position to be in right now. I think you've focussed in too much on the word 'friend' ('friendly' might have been more accurate tbf).

There's an unpleasant whiff of aggressive immaturity about your latest posts, which is unlike you. I hope everything is okay.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldjamfan1 said:

John describes himself (and the Trust) as the 'critical friend' of the club, and I think that is strategically exactly the right position to be in right now. I think you've focussed in too much on the word 'friend' ('friendly' might have been more accurate tbf).

There's an unpleasant whiff of aggressive immaturity about your latest posts, which is unlike you. I hope everything is okay.

Anyway will draw a line under the "friend/friendly" comment, as I genuinely wish the trust the best and hope the Trust objectives are one day met, which in turn would benefit the whole supporter base and clubs re-engagement.

Regarding your comment of immaturity, give me a break.

If people want to act like 50 men behind a keyboard, then perhaps as stated many times by me, they come and speak to me in person.

The world is changing, and its no longer okay to abuse, gang up or throw comments about like candy, without repercussion.

In my supporter group days, i had to bite my tongue, count to 10 and move on.

Now i don't have the same restraints,

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Am I right in thinking he can do pretty much everything except get paid? 

I'd assume so,

It won't affect much in reality, he will 100% get permit, will be having all the same discussions with GB and SW, and getting to know the players as any new manager, its just a bit of red tape

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 1

It's all part of a master plan. "Appoint" JDT whip the fans up into a state of positivity to buy season tickets. Once waggots targets are met "oh look work permit issues what are we going to do" 

"Don't worry, I'll save the day" said Tony Mowbray. "Gee thanks tone, here's a 5 year contract" said Waggot "phew I can go back to not pating any attention to blackburn" said everyone with Venky DNA

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

It's all part of a master plan. "Appoint" JDT whip the fans up into a state of positivity to buy season tickets. Once waggots targets are met "oh look work permit issues what are we going to do" 

"Don't worry, I'll save the day" said Tony Mowbray. "Gee thanks tone, here's a 5 year contract" said Waggot "phew I can go back to not pating any attention to blackburn" said everyone with Venky DNA

We did have derek shaw hide two permits in his draw, so not totally obsurb

Edited by glen9mullan

6 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

We did have derek shaw hide two permits in his draw, so not totally obsurb

Jesus, haven’t we moved on a tad since the days of Shebby (RIP) and ‘Degsy Knob End’ (who I’ve had the displeasure of doing business with going back twenty odd years….how much in reddies and how much invoice?)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Jesus, haven’t we moved on a tad since the days of Shebby (RIP) and ‘Degsy Knob End’ (who I’ve had the displeasure of doing business with going back twenty odd years….how much in reddies and how much invoice?)

100% , we will be fine, and this wont affect or detract from a decent appointment and summer strategy

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

So basically the manager isn't in place for Pre-season as he can't F***ing work 😂.

It's piss poor from the club imo.

I am not saying this is true, but instead of watching pre season beasting of players, he may be talking to Nyambe about a new contract. I would prefer the latter option.

• Like 3