BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

24 minutes ago, J*B said:

Just been chatting to one of the players, they’re all super impressed with JDT and are being put through their paces big time with fitness and high intensity pressing being prioritised so far in pre season. Expect all the young players that we’ve heard so much about to be given a shout, Phillips, Batty and Wharton all picked out as the best of the bunch. Sounded genuinely excited. 

Great to hear this from the player.

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

10 minute segment on Tomasson here from 49 minutes.

Analysis on him is mixed. Talk about his presence which ties in to the excitement from us since appointment. Also mentions of his coaching ability in regards to set pieces which is promising.

Worries about his adaptation to a 46 game season from a 30 game season and also questions about how it became stale at Malmo in only season 2 and they limped over the line with his exit an inevitability.

big difference between swedish football and english football,over here it`s a lot more intense and competetive,he most likely wanted a newer and bigger challenge

6 hours ago, J*B said:

Just been chatting to one of the players, they’re all super impressed with JDT and are being put through their paces big time with fitness and high intensity pressing being prioritised so far in pre season. Expect all the young players that we’ve heard so much about to be given a shout, Phillips, Batty and Wharton all picked out as the best of the bunch. Sounded genuinely excited. 

Gally doing a high press 🙈 sorry pal, he won't be playing then.  In fact, we need a complete.new team for that game....

Good luck there JDT

4 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Gally doing a high press 🙈 sorry pal, he won't be playing then.  In fact, we need a complete.new team for that game....

Good luck there JDT

Time will tell. 

I think the squad should be quite receptive to new ideas and some actual positivity coming from the coaching staff. 

High pressing is all the rage nowadays so hopefully the players are into it.

We definitely need five quality players to push us on though. 

1 hour ago, yankfan said:

Honest question. In your opinion, who inherits the club and squad in a better position. Mowbary or JDT? 

It’s accepted Mowbray inherited a mess from coyle, but he’s definitely left a mess behind. Especially if work on the basis Brereton will be sold. 

Kaminski, pears, Ayala, Garrett, Pickering, Wharton, Buckley, Dack, markanday, Travis, butterworth, Dolan, Gallagher, hedges, jrc, vale, Brereton.

Vs

Steele, Raya, Williams, Lenihan, Henley, Mulgrew, Nyambe, brown, Mahoney, Conway, Feeney, Guthrie, Lowe, Tomlinson, Emnes, Graham, joao, stokes, Gallagher.

Who inherited a bigger mess? I think the defence is worse now and the midfield options are better and attacking options (without Brereton) are equally poor. It’s close for me a tie. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Good luck there JDT

Didn't we play a high press during our excellent spell of form before Xmas last year?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BigUts said:

Didn't we play a high press during our excellent spell of form before Xmas last year?

We did. Then that tosser Mowbray spat the dummy out and did nothing to stop us losing game after game. 

We played like that in the second half against Derby and we know what happened after that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Time will tell. 

I think the squad should be quite receptive to new ideas and some actual positivity coming from the coaching staff. 

High pressing is all the rage nowadays so hopefully the players are into it.

We definitely need five quality players to push us on though. 

The one who is REALLY struggling with the high press is Dacky!! 👀🤐

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

The one who is REALLY struggling with the high press is Dacky!! 👀🤐

Not shocked. Bradley certainly doesn't seem like a player who is built for such a game. Would need to trim down considerably and improve those fitness levels.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yankfan said:

Honest question. In your opinion, who inherits the club and squad in a better position. Mowbary or JDT? 

The club as a whole is undoubtedly in a better position for JDT, an absolute shit show from top to bottom when TM came in.

As things stand IMO the squad is also better, there'll have been a much BIGGER squad for TM but a lot of shite within that. If someone came sniffing for Kaminski for example though we'd have a problem, we're in a position now I'd say where nobody else can leave and new faces need to come in in the next 2 weeks.

Football fans by their nature think their own players are better than they are, hence we've seen so many players over the years amount to nothing after they leave. I think that'll be the case with Nyambe and Rothwell. Lenihan could go either way but I think he's going to be a good player for Boro and they'll be up there this season. I hope they all do well mind, certainly no bitterness from me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BigUts said:

We had BBD banging them in and whatever else was irrelevant.   When he didn't bang them in we went backwards.  Mogadon got lucky that BBD clicked for 3 months.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, BigUts said:

Not shocked. Bradley certainly doesn't seem like a player who is built for such a game. Would need to trim down considerably and improve those fitness levels.

Dack needs to focus on his football career not his TV one.

18 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I imagine Dack will be starting on the bench under JDT.  I think 3-4 years ago he may have adapted to a press but not now.  

A player to come on against tiring teams I'd suggest now. 

For 20k a week plus?

No the lazy sod needs to get of his backside and adapt, gaining the fitness to play football in a pressing manner, is not that hard, but it requires effort and commitment.

48 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I imagine Dack will be starting on the bench under JDT.  I think 3-4 years ago he may have adapted to a press but not now.  

A player to come on against tiring teams I'd suggest now. 

Now when i suggested this might be Dacks best role now coming on the back of his 2 years injured, the need to manage him in the future. And of course at the time assuming Uncle Tony would still be looking after him i got rounded on and told to get off his back.

Better luck with your post, which i'm 100% in agreement with as we've seen in the past to get the best out of Dack you have to tailor your game to him. If he was as fit as he was then he'd be able to do the false 9 better than anyone we had but that might be redundant now.

Interesting what happens now, hopefully JDT fits him in somewhere that suits.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

The loss of the three players recently does rather tarnish Mowbray's record, although he did want to get rid of Rothwell in the winter window.  Stupid decision not to.

It looks stupid now but it didn't at the time lets be brutally honest about this.

Most would have gone mad at selling one of our key players from first half of the season whilst in 2nd place or so.  It made no sense at all unless there was a cast iron guarantee the money would have gone on a striker.

It wouldn't have everyone knew including i suspect Mowbray himself it was just another easy excuse to make. I think he was more miffed because he didn't want to be seen to be standing in Joe's way he was a players manager first and foremost, that' how he worked.

End of the day the owners were over a barrel with this one but they should have backed him with extra instead, however would he have invested in a good striker ?  Very unlikely given the things he was saying and did with what he was allowed to bring in.

• Like 3

I’ve never been Joe Rothwell’s biggest fan. I still stand by my comment of “ doesn’t do enough often enough for a midfield player “ that I made at the time. Having said that I accept he had a substantial fan club who’s opinion was different to mine. I think the owners were aware of the out cry there would have been if he had have been sold with us second in the league at the time. Especially if the money had gone in the same drawer as the Armstrong money. I would suggest that could have easily been the case.

• Like 4