BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 6/8/22

47 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Vale struggled to get involved, so I am just saying not even specific to yesterday that Dack even as a sub could be a very useful tool to run down the clock.

Vale did ok again. Was decent enough against QPR. 

Interesting role for Dack. Not something I would do but we have to agree to disagree there

47 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Swansea an example of how an obsession over  "the right way of playing" and philosophies can be to the detriment of the club.

Every head coach/manager of each club has a philosophy that they employ. Swansea want to play that way so will only employ a head coach who play that way which is fair enough. 

39 minutes ago, rigger said:

Because in my opinion, Phillips is already equal to JPVH, and in the future, Phillips will be better than JPVH.

Interesting opinion. Have to say I disagree that he is already equal to Van Hecke. I think Van Hecke is quite away ahead of Ash Phillips right now. In the future, maybe not. 

31 minutes ago, Iceman said:

So Russell Martin wants to be like Tony Mowbray? 

ask Russell Martin 🤔

Jon Dahl Tomasson, all about the team.

Backed by Venkys, they once met the Queen.

Jon Dahl Tomasson, has a project plan.

Blue & White, whether a boy or a man.

Jon Dahl Tomasson, the Blackburn legion.

We Are Rovers, the Best in our region.

Jon Dahl Tomasson replaced Alan Shearer.

We're going up and it couldn't be clearer.

Edited by OldEwoodBlue
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Russell Martin will be the first Championship manager to get sacked if he stubbornly keeps playing the same crap, talking the same crap and not getting enough points.

Only Mowbray was exempt from that fate.

Don't recall us getting thumped 0-3 by a so called bang average side or anyone else for that matter.

The Swansea way is so not the way to go in this division unless you can invest in quality to play that way.  He'll be the latest one to find this out before long i expect.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Vale did ok again. Was decent enough against QPR. 

Interesting role for Dack. Not something I would do but we have to agree to disagree there

Every head coach/manager of each club has a philosophy that they employ. Swansea want to play that way so will only employ a head coach who play that way which is fair enough. 

Interesting opinion. Have to say I disagree that he is already equal to Van Hecke. I think Van Hecke is quite away ahead of Ash Phillips right now. In the future, maybe not. 

ask Russell Martin 🤔

What is meant by being "fair enough?"

I disagree with the concept of a strict playing style being dictated to by people above the manager, it is nonsensical.

In this instance, Swansea fans got moany about playing style despite Cooper getting Swansea into the play offs in successive seasons. They let Cooper go, and have massively downgraded with a desire to pass it about (by the way, it is so boring to watch) yet throughout last season, it seems from afar that their fans were happy regardless of a sharp decline in results.

Managers are the ones qualified to play a style how they see fit, and it should be based on results, not the principles of men in suits.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Prices are a joke but it’s still poor effort for the first away game…Should be taking 800 minimum. We’re usually quite solid with numbers away so I was shocked when I saw it…Looked more when you were there TBH.

Was surprised too..well below our usual average.

53 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What is meant by being "fair enough?"

Its their choice since they owned the club. 

53 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I disagree with the concept of a strict playing style being dictated to by people above the manager, it is nonsensical.

In this instance, Swansea fans got moany about playing style despite Cooper getting Swansea into the play offs in successive seasons. They let Cooper go, and have massively downgraded with a desire to pass it about (by the way, it is so boring to watch) yet throughout last season, it seems from afar that their fans were happy regardless of a sharp decline in results.

Managers are the ones qualified to play a style how they see fit, and it should be based on results, not the principles of men in suits.

First Its was Cooper who wanted to go for several different reasons not just about player style, but disagreements on signings, lack of funding for signings he wanted in January. 

Well each fan will have their own decision whether they like their club playing style or not. Each to the own and something I won't condemn fans for. 

Most clubs have a certain criteria or philosophy that they will follow and choose the right head coach or manager who will best fit the club project. We did this when we appoint Jan Dahl Tomasson. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its their choice since they owned the club. 

First Its was Cooper who wanted to go for several different reasons not just about player style, but disagreements on signings, lack of funding for signings he wanted in January. 

Well each fan will have their own decision whether they like their club playing style or not. Each to the own and something I won't condemn fans for. 

Most clubs have a certain criteria or philosophy that they will follow and choose the right head coach or manager who will best fit the club project. We did this when we appoint Jan Dahl Tomasson. 

David Brent levels of business speak.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

David Brent levels of business speak.

Football is a business at the end of the day. Time you accept this. 

You can disagree on whether club owners should be setting philosophy or style of play but more and more clubs are employing sporting director and he will set out how the football side the club will be run with a plan for short term, medium term and long term. We moved to this Director of Football and head coach structure and so far so good. Jon Dahl Tomasson fitted the type of head coach we wanted and he was appointed 

• Like 1

Sure I read someone trying to downplay Hedges' second assist yesterday, so I went back and looked at it again.

Absolute peach of a ball, perfectly weighted - defender had no chance intercepting it.

Said defender will be disappointed to have been muscled out by BBD, but the ball was sublime. To suggest otherwise, you're either trolling or have something against giving Hedges praise.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You can disagree on whether club owners should be setting philosophy or style of play but more and more clubs are employing sporting director and he will set out how the football side the club will be run with a plan for short term, medium term and long term. We moved to this Director of Football and head coach structure and so far so good. Jon Dahl Tomasson fitted the type of head coach we wanted and he was appointed 

You should be extremely thankful that football clubs aren’t just a business like any other. If they were Rovers would have ceased trading long before now having lost nearly a quarter of a billion quid in little over a decade.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Jon Dahl Tomasson, all about the team.

Backed by Venkys, they once met the Queen.

Jon Dahl Tomasson, has a project plan.

Blue & White, whether a boy or a man.

Jon Dahl Tomasson, the Blackburn legion.

We Are Rovers, the Best in our region.

Jon Dahl Tomasson replaced Alan Shearer.

We're going up and it couldn't be clearer.

The only time I will ever sing the word Venkys is if the words fuck off are next to it.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Businesses make money Chaddy. Do we make money? Do many football clubs make money? 

6 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

That said defensively probably Gallagher is one of the best forwards in the Championship. He's an absolute animal tracking back on the wing, and that's what keeps him in the team.... But I am not really sure how long you can keep forwards in the team because the defend well. Reckon his days are numbered under JDT. He will be happy to sacrifice a bit of defensive athleticism for someone who offers a threat. With Sammie coming in can see it soon moving to BBD, Sammie, Dolan, Hedges as the front four with Gally on the bench.

You mention it at the start of the paragraph but I do wonder if Gallagher offers us quite a lot defensively for set pieces and corners. We are already playing with 1 CB less than season and our midfielders are only on the smaller size.

I’ve no stats or anything to back this up but just wonder if we would be more vulnerable with that front 4 (which seems daft when talking about your CF).

Guess if a replacement scored 20 goals it probably wouldn’t matter if we conceded a few more from corners / free kicks though as I doubt he saves us that many up the other end!

• Like 1

Well that was a very pleasant trawl through 20-odd pages of comments on an extremely satisfactory display yesterday afternoon.

I was particularly pleased with the way we soaked up the work of the Swansea attack before showing them how it should be done. If I were a "Jack" (Swansea fan), I'd have been seriously hacked off about how easy it was for us to score, especially with BBD's goal. Fisher seemed to be nowhere near his post for it.

There can't be many teams who win 3-0 with "only" 29% possession.

Personally, my favourite was Smodics' goal; it looked like - probably wasn't - Hedges felt he had enough time to set Sam's debut goal up for him. As if to say, "Welcome to the club, pal!"😉😁

More of the same next Sunday, please.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Absolute pig to get to for both northern and southern Rovers fans, plus it was £32.50, so 500 seems fair enough.

When you look at the other away followings around the league for first away games over big distances it's poor for us.

Credit to every single one there but there is more than just ticket prices to that although the trains are probably all to cock as well.  It's dear at Sheff Utd but we better be taking a decent following there otherwise it looks shit for the new coach and new players.

How many tickets did we have available? I know I left it late but I had a look on Friday on the ticket pages of the website and there was no mention of Swansea tickets. Assumed we’d sold our allocation. I know sometimes the club have to pay for the tickets up front so wondered if we’d only gone for 500 and they’d all sold.

Just watched the highlights for the 4th time one thing that jumped out at me... How bad a finish was it from Gallagher early on? Summed him up completely. Just have to open your body up and find the far post but hits it right at the keeper.