BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 6/8/22

2 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

Thank you for posting that. Very interesting to listen to a manager so wedded to his principles that he can't see the wood for the trees. It reminded me of Mowbray who frequently doubled down trenchantly on his preferred style of play and stubbornly refused to change direction, adamantly persisting with his intransigent approach in the midst of an almost unprecedented run of disastrous results. 

Martin talks about watching us against Qpr and expecting us to play a certain way. He is then surprised when we adopt a totally different approach and he finds himself unable, or unwilling (remind you of anyone) to do anything about it.

Clearly, what we now have in JDT, is a manager cut from a very different cloth to our previous incumbent. A manager who does his homework, sets out a plan and ruthlessly goes about his task. We have seen two very different tactical approaches in two matches. This unpredictability will cause uncertainty when future opponents assess us. We are no longer one dimensional or easy to pick off. 

Our manager looks to have a cold blooded steeliness about him. He is intense, tactically savvy and focused. Past reputations count for nothing. He has taken a player I have been unsure about (Travis) given him a sense of responsibility and unlocked a talent previously only hinted at. Look at his overlapping run leading to his goal in the latter stages of an energy sapping game in which he tore around the field largely out of possession. It just shows the difference between a true motivator of men and a man scarred by past failures, playing it safe and shackling his team's talent and thrust. Travis would run through brick walls for Tomasson.

With additions to the squad (for me a left back, centre half and goal poacher) we could be an absolute force to be reckoned with. Next Saturday against a tougher opponent will give us a real insight into our potential for the season.

I can't wait!

Top post, I'm really enthused by what JDT is putting together. Another couple of wins & 2 or 3 new men in before September & the future looks much brighter than it has for a decade. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Does look like Swansea should have grabbed a goal at least.

Glad we didn't sign that Obefemi lad, he looks terrible.

Played poor yesterday but Obafemi Is decent and will get better.

After a slow start at Swansea he scored 12 and assisted 3 in 32 apps last season not a bad contribution 

Didn't see the game as I don't get to away matches but it really does sound like JDT knows his stuff. He's putting his words into action and clearly getting his ideas across to a team willing to buy into them. 

Hedges looks like he could be a real positive, I thought he showed snippets last season, had a good game v QPR & was instrumental yesterday.

The major concern for me (as in, I don't see the Dack situation as being worrying yet, and am confident JDT & GB can bring the right players in to bulk up the team), is BBD. He suits JDT's tactics perfectly & clearly is still enjoying himself here. I can understand why he might not want to sign a new deal but if the owners are happy to take the risk of losing him for nothing whilst also missing out on promotion (which is worst case scenario) then I hope it is done so with their eyes fully open to the potential consequences & with the full support of JDT.

13 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Watch the highlights between Ireland n Scotland from May, he scored an absolute dinger n had a very strong performance. He’s young n will definitely get better 

19 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Played poor yesterday but Obafemi Is decent and will get better.

After a slow start at Swansea he scored 12 and assisted 3 in 32 apps last season not a bad contribution 

Isn't he one of the strikers we tried to sign last season?

• Like 1

Having slept on it, the Martin comments just become funny. At a very basic level, our team was much more capable of executing our tactic than his team was capable of executing theirs. He’s asking players that aren’t at the requisite level to play a style that tends to work best for the top-end clubs, because I think he’s more interested in increasing his profile than actually delivering anything.

Genuinely deluded to think that because he likes watching City, Pep’s Barcelona and Spain, that he can plan, execute and deliver the same thing in South Wales and I suppose 15th last season and losing your first home game 3-0 this season is testament to that. Good luck to him, I suspect he’ll need it.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

Because we chose to defend against a one dimensional team their manager and some supporters talk about us like we are a footballing Anti-Christ. This football snobbery is more prevalent now and drives me barmy. If Martin and his delusional acolytes don't understand that winning is the most important thing they are in the wrong business.

I love it, starting to remind me even more of the Hughes days, when we defended and pressed like right bastards but still attacked like cold blooded assassins every chance we got, the oppo and snidey pundits hated us then as well but all it did was galvanise our team spirit more

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 8

27 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Having slept on it, the Martin comments just become funny. At a very basic level, our team was much more capable of executing our tactic than his team was capable of executing theirs. He’s asking players that aren’t at the requisite level to play a style that tends to work best for the top-end clubs, because I think he’s more interested in increasing his profile than actually delivering anything.

Genuinely deluded to think that because he likes watching City, Pep’s Barcelona and Spain, that he can plan, execute and deliver the same thing in South Wales and I suppose 15th last season and losing your first home game 3-0 this season is testament to that. Good luck to him, I suspect he’ll need it.

Far too many managers want to be a Poundland pep guardiola without the players or the billion pounds to buy the players required. Lord knows we’ve had one who dabbled in it. This Martin character is just another one.  

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Thanks Ian. The most telling comment is that their style is easy to play against. I can see let of Championship managers adopting JDT's blueprint and Swansea being in the brown, smelly stuff.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

Thank you for posting that. Very interesting to listen to a manager so wedded to his principles that he can't see the wood for the trees. It reminded me of Mowbray who frequently doubled down trenchantly on his preferred style of play and stubbornly refused to change direction, adamantly persisting with his intransigent approach in the midst of an almost unprecedented run of disastrous results. 

Martin talks about watching us against Qpr and expecting us to play a certain way. He is then surprised when we adopt a totally different approach and he finds himself unable, or unwilling (remind you of anyone) to do anything about it.

Clearly, what we now have in JDT, is a manager cut from a very different cloth to our previous incumbent. A manager who does his homework, sets out a plan and ruthlessly goes about his task. We have seen two very different tactical approaches in two matches. This unpredictability will cause uncertainty when future opponents assess us. We are no longer one dimensional or easy to pick off. 

Our manager looks to have a cold blooded steeliness about him. He is intense, tactically savvy and focused. Past reputations count for nothing. He has taken a player I have been unsure about (Travis) given him a sense of responsibility and unlocked a talent previously only hinted at. Look at his overlapping run leading to his goal in the latter stages of an energy sapping game in which he tore around the field largely out of possession. It just shows the difference between a true motivator of men and a man scarred by past failures, playing it safe and shackling his team's talent and thrust. Travis would run through brick walls for Tomasson.

With additions to the squad (for me a left back, centre half and goal poacher) we could be an absolute force to be reckoned with. Next Saturday against a tougher opponent will give us a real insight into our potential for the season.

I can't wait!

There’s an interview knocking about somewhere were JDT says Remy is the man for tactics or words to that affect 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Actually quite like that bloke, very open and direct.

He said we have two of the best counter-attacking forwards in the league, surely he can’t mean Gallagher…!

He's definitely full of his own self importance - accusing the players of having anxiety and not being able to handle the situation (for our 2nd and 3rd goals) is rich.

My only complaint about yesterday is I felt at times we sat too deep and invited pressure. They never pushed us back with their style of play (they're simply not good enough - Martin mentioned that they're perhaps missing a player that runs behind when clearly they're missing a Xavi) - we were looking to draw them on for the counter, but a few of those chances in the highlights were a result of them being invited into our half. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Dack made a point of walking over to clap the fans at full time. Really felt for him. If you aren’t given even 5 minutes at 3-0 up you must feel fed up.

I wouldn't have brought him on cos he didn't how we wanted to see the game out. 

13 hours ago, J*B said:

I reckon this goes one of two days.

1) Deadline day loan move to like Huddersfield 

2) JDT gets Dack so pissed off that he isn’t playing he becomes the pre-ACL Dack. 

I think you made an excellent point there

5 hours ago, matt83 said:

I don’t know anything about that manager but he would irritate the hell out of me if I was a Swansea fan. We have to find solutions to problems is his equivalent of we’re on journey. Delusional as well with his style of play being so effective, rovers let Swansea have the ball because they did fuck all with it and as for played in our third, at times it was, but mostly sideways passing not in our third. 

Swansea wanted to go back to the possession style of football after Cooper and that was one of the problem between the ownership/broad and Cooper. 

Russell Martin believe in his possession football but they look quality striker who will finish it of at the end of all. Piroe isn't playing as the number 9 now that Obafemi is there who I don't rate and pleased we didn't sign him

22 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Thanks Ian. The most telling comment is that their style is easy to play against. I can see let of Championship managers adopting JDT's blueprint and Swansea being in the brown, smelly stuff.

There are managers in the bottom tier of the football league that have been dabbling with it. That’s just silly. Their players are at that level for a reason.

• Like 2

Missed the game yesterday as out and about. Looking forward to watching the full match replay later tonight! Sounds like a great performance.

Glad Hedges is showing real quality. He's Got all the attributes.

Of the XI out there I genuinely rate virtually all of them, obviously Sammie is new so need to see what he offers. Id probably only really be keen to swap out Gallagher. Like Hedges I'm pretty sure despite doubters Pickering will go on to have a good season.

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

I agree, I think we have to temper the enthusiasm a little. If Swansea had made better of some half chances it could easily have been a different game - which seems to sum up the Championship. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't have brought him on cos he didn't how we wanted to see the game out. 

You were saying he could start last week and now he doesn't warrant any game time🤷‍♂️🙈

If he'd have brought him on last 10 you would have said, "ye good idea, get some game time into him..."...

Why do you do this?

• Like 2