BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 6/8/22

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

‘ Everyone hates the way we play, because we dare to pass the football’.

One of these lower league managers with a superiority complex because he has his team passing the ball for passing its sake even when he doesn’t have the players to pull it off.

The rest of the league certainly won’t ‘hate’ picking them off and taking three points…

Exactly, was horrendous when Derby attempted it under Cocu and ultimately it'll end up costing this fella his job too because the fans ain't gonna buy into that crap every week either.

6 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Great result!

I haven't watched the full game yet, just saw the goals on YT.

To get up to speed I decided to watch the post match presser from Martin.

It would appear that there was some friction between the benches so if Lowe was behind that then that's a bonus point to him I never expected to give.

It's worth a look as Martin covers us, our tactics quite a bit. 

He is a Primark Pep. They did exactly the same in January when they were one up against us and they'd had a player sent off. They just defended the edge of their box, wasted time and there was general shithousery. After half an hour yesterday some home fans were booing their repetitive, non threatening and boring football. Listening to some comments from their fans walking back to the car they are definitely unhappy with this style of play.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

He has taken a player I have been unsure about (Travis) given him a sense of responsibility and unlocked a talent previously only hinted at

He did hint at it before Mowbray coached him out of it! He's scored 2 in 2 games now, I think he scored 2 in his whole career under Mowbray.

The new manager has taken the shackles off him.

• Like 1

https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/35004-v-swansea-city-h-7821/

We beat a pass happy Swansea side last season in the opening game of the season at Ewood, plenty of comments about style over substance for the Swans, thats clearly not changed!

Diaz and Gallagher with the goals and a horror show from Kaminski for the Swans.

I particularly liked this courtesy of @davulsukur

Screenshot_20210807-170021_Twitter.jpg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

How did Szmodics play? 

I thought he had a quiet debut but to be fair he’s not had a lot of time to train with his new team. Took the goal well but didn’t do a lot else. He’ll improve I’m pretty sure of that. 

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Agree, He was in the Championship team of the season. You dont make that unless you're good in your position in the league. its the 'He's shit anyway' mentality whenever a player leaves. 

Nobody is saying “ he’s shit “ , well I’m not anyway. The thing is he had failings as a young player that he’s obviously still got now. Decision making being his biggest failing.

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Agree, He was in the Championship team of the season. You dont make that unless you're good in your position in the league. its the 'He's shit anyway' mentality whenever a player leaves. 

Also, Lenihan was our highest rated player player on whoscored last season. He was 12th highest rated in the Championship overall (BBD was 19th).

• Like 1

Because we chose to defend against a one dimensional team their manager and some supporters talk about us like we are a footballing Anti-Christ. This football snobbery is more prevalent now and drives me barmy. If Martin and his delusional acolytes don't understand that winning is the most important thing they are in the wrong business.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Because we chose to defend against a one dimensional team their manager and some supporters talk about us like we are a footballing Anti-Christ. This football snobbery is more prevalent now and drives me barmy. If Martin and his delusional acolytes don't understand that winning is the most important thing they are in the wrong business.

Completely agree with the point but personally think they’re fully aware of the fact but trying to save face. They got schooled, plain and simple.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, arbitro said:

This is more realistic

https://planetswans.co.uk/2022/08/07/possession-without-a-purpose-its-the-new-swansea-way/

• Like 2