BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 6/8/22

I think Swansea fans fed up with him, as would I. he has had this pretty football tag wherever he goes, but when has it worked? You cannot implement that style unless you have millions to spend on the players capable of it. Luckily JDT knew how to combat it and the team played to the plan almost perfectly. Does he expect other teams to just play how he wants them to?

We set the blueprint and they will struggle now. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, R0verb0y said:

Some of us - well, okay then, me! - with no dependents to support, kind-of "collect" grounds where we're playing an away game on a ground where I've never seen us play before.

However, even when it's a new-to-me ground, I wouldn't necessarily return in following seasons to explore the neighbouring area and catch another game there. Specially when it's so comparatively far from Ewood.

Similar for me. Lots of other commitments so looking to pick off new grounds. Swansea is nearest ground to where I live but wasn't sure could make it until Saturday am. No away tickets on day so went in with the home fans. Lots of comments of how average/poor Rovers were! But plenty of their fans saying that we'd worked them out and were doing a job on them  and how their manager was so up his own arse he wouldn't change!! 

Second time been in the home end at an away match and seen us score 3 goals. The other was at Turf to see the 3-2 back in the seventies....now that was interesting!!!

• Like 4

Just watched the game on the Rovers website - have to say that is the first game in a very very long time when I could see that the team had a proper plan worked out, and were executing it all the way through. Lots of signalling to each other, especially when they lost possession, and JDT giving instructions from the line. 

Very impressed with Hedges performance, and Edun looked like a new player too.

Very optimistic about the new approach ( if we can get the squad depth to where it needs to be)

Edited by TonyM
  • Like 2

Seems the total football didn’t work out for them tonight either. 

I always remember battling to a draw in the FA Cup away against Arsenal, that little gobshite Fabregas questioning Mark Hughes’ football “didn’t you play for for Barcelona? That wasn’t Barcelona football”. Sparky, replied with “I don’t have Barcelona players”. We beat them in the replay 🙂 

• Like 7

This was a reassuring performance that indicates we have a manager now who is flexible and willing to sacrifice preferred tactical styles for the greater good. Rather than a frenetic high press, I enjoyed watching us stand off Swansea, pouncing at the right time to force a mistake. It wasn't easy on the eye in the first half, but the result (and how comfortable it was) vindicated it.

Thought the Edun sub was a great one, but aside from a couple of stand outs in defence it was largely 6 or 7s out of 10 across the board - combined with good organisation this will often prove enough to grind out wins in this league. 

Was even sweeter for me living in Cardiff; have a good few Swansea mates so always nice to secure bragging rights. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dan said:

Seems the total football didn’t work out for them tonight either. 

I always remember battling to a draw in the FA Cup away against Arsenal, that little gobshite Fabregas questioning Mark Hughes’ football “didn’t you play for for Barcelona? That wasn’t Barcelona football”. Sparky, replied with “I don’t have Barcelona players”. We beat them in the replay 🙂 

We came as close as it comes to beating them at their place too! Towards the end of the game, either Dunn or Derbyshire, I forget which, hit the bar with a long rage speculator.

Probably only fair to mention the two miracle saves that Friedel made before then though! Pretty sure we were playing Bruno Berner as a left winger that day, so fair to say we were happy enough with the 0-0.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

"How it descended into that, I don't know. What they've done is left us open to criticism on mentality.”

What a plonker he is 😀

image.png.70dd4fc109fbbcbe730b6beceda19ca0.png

He brought on 4 subs at the same time on the 62nd minute i believe. 3 of those subs were defensive subs. So essentially, he changed the majority of his defense. How he cannot see that him doing that might have caused it to 'completely flip' and is instead blaming the players, is beyond me.

Enjoying reading the Swans forums last couple of days. Nothing against them - just funny. They already have the:

9 games without a win thread

Worst run in 23 years thread

What manager should we get to replace Russel Martin thread

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

We came as close as it comes to beating them at their place too! Towards the end of the game, either Dunn or Derbyshire, I forget which, hit the bar with a long rage speculator.

Probably only fair to mention the two miracle saves that Friedel made before then though! Pretty sure we were playing Bruno Berner as a left winger that day, so fair to say we were happy enough with the 0-0.

Brad’s finest hour, tops among many, many great games he had.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, JacknOry said:

image.png.70dd4fc109fbbcbe730b6beceda19ca0.png

He brought on 4 subs at the same time on the 62nd minute i believe. 3 of those subs were defensive subs. So essentially, he changed the majority of his defense. How he cannot see that him doing that might have caused it to 'completely flip' and is instead blaming the players, is beyond me.

Enjoying reading the Swans forums last couple of days. Nothing against them - just funny. They already have the:

9 games without a win thread

Worst run in 23 years thread

What manager should we get to replace Russel Martin thread

What a tool. On top of which, of course you can have it be 'all us' for 65 minutes and then it be all them. That's the vast majority of the game! The problem is you're supposed to make it count, and supposed to be able to defend.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

That's because the squad was knackered and battered from progressing well in 3 cup competitions. We didn't really have the squad for it but it was a heroic effort from them to do so. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

That's because the squad was knackered and battered from progressing well in 3 cup competitions. We didn't really have the squad for it but it was a heroic effort from them to do so. 

Just looked up the game, apparently it was the first time a British team kept a clean sheet at their new stadium. Not a bad effort.

At one point we had Samba, Nelsen, Zurab, Todd and the Axe all on the same pitch! Not straightforward to break that team down. Todd was only brought on in stoppage time and still picked up a booking! Miss that team. 

1 hour ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Just looked up the game, apparently it was the first time a British team kept a clean sheet at their new stadium. Not a bad effort.

At one point we had Samba, Nelsen, Zurab, Todd and the Axe all on the same pitch! Not straightforward to break that team down. Todd was only brought on in stoppage time and still picked up a booking! Miss that team. 

Just any one of those five would be handy at the moment.

• Like 1