BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hartlepool Utd (h) - Carabao Cup, 10/8/22

7 minutes ago, Mercer said:

A terrific start.

We might just have the real deal in JDT.

A highly profitable night for me - some doubted the wisdom of my odds on bet.  Just finished working at home and it's time to open another nice red in celebration.  If Rovers carry on like this, my wine stock will dwindle rapidly.  Well done JDT, keep it up lad!

That horse you backed was a non-runner though 😄 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mercer said:

A terrific start.

We might just have the real deal in JDT.

A highly profitable night for me - some doubted the wisdom of my odds on bet.  Just finished working at home and it's time to open another nice red in celebration.  If Rovers carry on like this, my wine stock will dwindle rapidly.  Well done JDT, keep it up lad!

I wonder if Blossom Hill can keep up the supply 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, inflikted said:

3rd sub made, none made at the same time which means the 3 stoppages are up and the last 2 can't be made, so no debut for Annesley if I remember the rules correctly.

I've no idea what that means, sorry.

Ash Phillips bafflingly been given MoM. Barely been tested apparently. Meanwhile we've notched 4. Most of the times I heard his name, it wasn't even his name.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

No, you didn't have some special foresight about us beating a League Two side. People doubted your general predictive ability due to your awful track record of predicting us to win on here. More like we were worried you were giving the usual Mercer kiss of death on a game we expected to win.

Me predicting Rovers to win has feck all to do with it when we lose.

The manager and players alone are responsible for our results.

• Like 2

Just now, bluebruce said:

I've no idea what that means, sorry.

Ash Phillips bafflingly been given MoM. Barely been tested apparently. Meanwhile we've notched 4. Most of the times I heard his name, it wasn't even his name.

I'm pretty sure the new rules for the 5 substitutions means that you can only make 3 stoppages to make changes. So if you only make one sub at a time, that's all 3 stoppages used up and you can't use the final 2 subs.

• Like 1

Just now, inflikted said:

I'm pretty sure the new rules for the 5 substitutions means that you can only make 3 stoppages to make changes. So if you only make one sub at a time, that's all 3 stoppages used up and you can't use the final 2 subs.

That's 3 in game substitutions - those made at half time don't count so there is still scope for one more if needed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gav said:

We’ve not won a cup competition for 20yrs, it’s hardly a Mowbray phenomenon. 

It was though. We had quite a few semi finals and fairly strong cup runs in that period. Until Mowbray showed up and we lost every FA Cup game since 2017 or 2018? And out first or second time of asking in the League Cup. He really was just utterly awful at managing us in the cup.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Well at least I didn't lose!

Pity it didn't run, was quietly confident.

I chucked a fiver on (hence why I was keeping an eye on it), combined with Dack to score and Rovers to win - voided the horse, but I'll make a few quid on the second bit.

Edited by Andy
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, inflikted said:

Yeah correct.If you make a sub at ht it doesn't count tho you can still have 3 stoppages 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, belfast_rover said:

The only problem I can see with the new regime is that the 2025 UEFA Champions League final is in Munich, which might make it difficult to get tickets cause it's near Denmark and I assume JDT will have got us a big Danish following by then

Geograph not your forte.

• Like 5