BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hartlepool Utd (h) - Carabao Cup, 10/8/22

• Backroom
2 hours ago, neophox said:

Jack Vale has done everything without scoring...good game from him.

Completely agree, I was DESPERATE for him to score. But, perhaps even better, he made sure two of his wasted chances became chances for others which were then slotted in (Dolan's and Markanday's).

• Like 1

Quite enjoyed watching Markanday tonight. Really unlucky with the shot that hit the post, and a composed finish for his goal,thought it was a good outing. 

Yes, he made some mistakes, but it's a different game when you're trying to find a killer pass or cross in a packed penalty area. 

The lad did well. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Dack doesnt look any less fit than he did prior to his injuries really, he was a bit rusty and played a few poor passes but he has that class and composure in the final third that you cant teach, he is crucial and should start at the weekend for me.

Who would you leave out to accommodate him in a position where he can do some damage? It's a real problem with others up front playing so well.

1 hour ago, StubbsUK said:

Who would you leave out to accommodate him in a position where he can do some damage? It's a real problem with others up front playing so well.

Gallagher. He has not offered a threat in the first 2 games and Dack would be a huge upgrade. We could either go with Szmodics up top or Brereton with Szmodics left, Dack as a number 10.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Gallagher. He has not offered a threat in the first 2 games and Dack would be a huge upgrade. We could either go with Szmodics up top or Brereton with Szmodics left, Dack as a number 10.

I agree, though he does contribute defensively, it’s like having ten men at times. With 5 subs, it’s definitely worth risking Dack. 

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

Just heard Bradford away in the next round. I'm looking forward to it already and hopefully Sky might consider televising it live.

No chance of that I'm afraid, there are a whole heap of League 1/2 teams at home against prem teams which tv usually prefer. 

Theyre spoilt for choice with all the lower league teams knocking out championship teams.

Just seen the 2 minute highlights after work. Sure, it's only a League 2 team, but how many times in the 10 years has the attitude been 'oh well, I suppose we have to play this game' instead of 'lets go out there and batter them'? In the 3 games under JDT and Broughton it seems to be more the latter. Hopefully the confidence and spirit does not evaporate as soon as we lose 2 in a row.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Danny O.Brien said:

My step mum is going to ring in the morning. Hopefully it turns up.

I lost me season tickets last year and they were handed in so hopefully somebody will do the same for your sisters handbag. When she rings ask Rovers to put it on their social media if it hasn't yet been handed in.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Play Brererton right up front and you lose his main asset, running with the ball from deep.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2