BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hartlepool Utd (h) - Carabao Cup, 10/8/22

1 hour ago, neophox said:

So our reserves leading against a league two side....ok,,

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

You say that as though everybody has been jizzing up the walls about it. We haven't.

53 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Yes, YES!!! 

31 minutes ago, neophox said:

He still has it 🙂

1_Dack-contract.jpg

17 minutes ago, neophox said:

Dack is back!!

dack.png

There'll definitely be some jizzing up the walls tonight... 

2 minutes ago, Tricky said:

There'll definitely be some jizzing up the walls tonight... 

🤣 Fair enough when you put it like that. I think when I posted that though it was only 1-0, and there was just some precum at most.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mercer said:

The manager and players alone are responsible for our results.

Haven’t you been blaming Benson Venus and Waggott for the past 4yrs?

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

An absolute Joy to watch. Morton and Adam Wharton and Phillips were brilliant, Dack and Dolan showed they can absolutely be trusted to make an impact and I thought Edun staked a claim to start at Lb. In fact the only player who will probably leave Ewood a bit gutted tonight is Vale…worked his socks off and made lots of good runs but didn’t really look like scoring.

A positive night all round!

• Like 9

• Moderation Lead
10 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Lord above. Stop taking yourself so seriously and maybe you'll figure it out for yourself.

To be fair, far too many put far too much stock into one man’s bets that he posts on here. Everyone could always just keep on scrolling right past them.

If he’s as shite at predictions as people say he is, I’d just ignore him? 🤷‍♂️.

• Like 1

I was wrong to worry about the changes, especially, pairing Morton and Wharton in the middle. It's a really good sign when squad players can come in and win, regardless of the opposition. Often, wholesale changes can lead to disjointed performances. You see it with even the best sides.

I feel that the management have done a really good job of integrating U23 players into the first team, in preseason. Perhaps, in part, their hand was forced by the departures and lack of transfer activity but it must give a real boost to young players to see a genuine pathway to progression and the first team. I hope Garrett and Cirino can get opportunities too, here or on loan.

Eight or nine of the twenty players in the matchday squad have come through the academy and U23s. Some are more homegrown than others (Buckley and Wharton brothers here as young boys, whilst others brought in at later age groups) but it goes to show, again, how valuable the youth system can be for Rovers. As mentioned, there's Cirino, Garrett and a few others, including the injured players, that might contribute, in the future, too. 

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 7

I thought Markanday looked well off the pace and missed a couple of sitters.

Of the players that started I'd say Dolan, Dack, Morton, Edun looked like they'd step into the current XI without any issues. Question marks over the rest for me but a lot of that is because of age/experience. Think JRC could do with loaning out - I don't think he's anywhere near first team standard but that would leave no cover.